Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Default Hard to find Wii titles

I'm looking into creating a list of HTF (possibly "rare") NTSC Wii titles as well as just ones that are in-demand. Especially with the Wii being phased out slowly, I think it's helpful for those who want to nab some of these before they inflate in price artificially (of course many already have). I kinda want to do two lists here, because some titles are relatively easy to find but are priced pretty much due to demand. Others are just hard to find or perceived to be hard to find. Any input is welcome - that's the point of posting this up here. I also created a "TO CONSIDER" category for titles that seem to fall just outside, but could be considered later...

RARE/HARD-TO-FIND
    El Chavo
    F1 2009
    Fritz Chess
    Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Gold Remote Bundle)
    Madden NFL 09 Pink Edition (aka Deanna Favre Hope Foundation Ed.)
    My Horse & Me: Riding for Gold
    One Piece: Unlimited Adventure
    Rooms: The Main Building (Demo Disc)

IN-DEMAND
    Dokapon Kingdom
    Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
    Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
    Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus
    Kirby's Return to Dreamland
    Metroid Prime Trilogy
    Super Mario All-Stars
    Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12 ("The Masters")
    Walk It Out
    Xenoblade Chronicles

TO CONSIDER
    Arc Rise Fantasia
    Exerbeat
    Fragile Dreams
    Godzilla Unleashed
    Hasbro Family Game Night Fun Pack
    Ju-On: The Grudge
    Klonoa
    MLB 2K12
    Phantom Brave: We Meet Again
    Pinball Hall of Fame: The Gottlieb Collection
    PokePark 2: Wonders Beyond
    Pony Friends 2
    Scarface: The World is Yours
    The Calling
    The Oregon Trail
    WWE 13

PROBABLY NOT RARE (BUT OFTEN MENTIONED AS RARE)
    A Boy and His Blob
    Kororinpa: Marble Mania
    The Last Story

RUMORED/UNKNOWN RELEASES
    Sudoku Ball
    Wii Sports in a regular NTSC White Wii case (not Nintendo Selects and not custom printed)
    Last edited by DOAsaturn; 07-18-2013 at 01:20 PM.
    www.weekendroady.com - Weekend Roady!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The irony of The Rain whatever project to bring Xenoblade over to America is now no one can afford to play the game and thus can not play it.

Fuck all these $100 plus prices on ebay. Why the hell cant they print out more copies and price it at $40 and make all those greedy bastards weep?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Quote Originally Posted by JakeM View Post
    The irony of The Rain whatever project to bring Xenoblade over to America is now no one can afford to play the game and thus can not play it.

Fuck all these $100 plus prices on ebay. Why the hell cant they print out more copies and price it at $40 and make all those greedy bastards weep?
    Can't say I don't disagree. Funny thing is I sold my copy when I was done with it - got about what I paid for it ($58). I guess I missed the latest in-demand bump. It's games like that that'll be hard to ever pick up for $10-15 used, moreso than a simple rare/low-run title where some segment of the gaming populace is unaware of its scarcity.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DOAsaturn View Post
    Can't say I don't disagree. Funny thing is I sold my copy when I was done with it - got about what I paid for it ($58). I guess I missed the latest in-demand bump. It's games like that that'll be hard to ever pick up for $10-15 used, moreso than a simple rare/low-run title where some segment of the gaming populace is unaware of its scarcity.
    I had 14 sealed copies of xenoblade I sold before it went out of print.. I feel like crap :C

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Its the new Earthbound, they would have started reprinting it if they wanted to. Screw it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xeno.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	77.6 KB 
ID:	6850Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xeno1.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	6851Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xeno2.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	56.4 KB 
ID:	6852Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xeno3.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	59.5 KB 
ID:	6853Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xeno4.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	6854

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Nintendo is just stupid. Atlus would reprint the hell out of SMT3 if it was in demand like this. Oh wait, they did. Three times! I thought I'd be able to wait and purchase it but the Gamestop exclusive bs and it was too late when I realized it was getting difficult to find. The only copy I could have got was on base and didn't want to make someone go out of there way to get it for me again, so I just passed on it.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 07-03-2013 at 03:16 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Nintendo is just stupid. Atlus would reprint the hell out of SMT3 if it was in demand like this. Oh wait, they did. Three times! I thought I'd be able to wait and purchase it but the Gamestop exclusive bs and it was too late when I realized it was getting difficult to find. The only copy I could have got was on base and didn't want to make someone go out of there way to get it for me again, so I just passed on it.
    They prob going to do a remake for another console. Honestly that game being on the wii ruined it anyway.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    0473-8317-6182

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSonic View Post
    They prob going to do a remake for another console. Honestly that game being on the wii ruined it anyway.
    Yeah, Nintendo should've totally made it for the PS3, amirite?

DP Feedback | Game Blog of Awesomeness! | Seeking out these GCN kiosk discs: Jan 2002, 21, 25, & 29

59 6F 75 72 20 48 44 44 20 61 64 64 69 6E 67 20 65 6D 62 61 72 72 61 73 73 69 6E 67 20 64 61 74 61
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSonic View Post

Mario says "... if you do drugs, you go to hell before you die."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Just an aside - Does anyone have any clue about the exact number of NTSC Wii retail releases there was? I'm not even sure there is a good estimate out there, seeing as how much shovelware stuff could easily go unnoticed even if you counted everything on Nintendo.com, Amazon or whatever...

As far as obsessive game collections go, I'd love to see someone go for a full Wii NTSC set. How insane would a wall of white cases like that look like. I'm amazed I haven't heard of anyone at least trying for one...I've never seen a picture of a Wii collection over 150-200 titles. There has to be some obsessive Nintendo fanboy/fangirl out there...

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DOAsaturn View Post
    Just an aside - Does anyone have any clue about the exact number of NTSC Wii retail releases there was? I'm not even sure there is a good estimate out there, seeing as how much shovelware stuff could easily go unnoticed even if you counted everything on Nintendo.com, Amazon or whatever...

As far as obsessive game collections go, I'd love to see someone go for a full Wii NTSC set. How insane would a wall of white cases like that look like. I'm amazed I haven't heard of anyone at least trying for one...I've never seen a picture of a Wii collection over 150-200 titles. There has to be some obsessive Nintendo fanboy/fangirl out there...
    I haven't counted, but I've been using the Game Dude list as a general guide. It's missing a few very obscure titles, but it's generally pretty comprehensive.
    http://www.gamedude.com/wii.html

I'm not going for a complete set, but I think I will eventually collect every exclusive title for the Wii. I'm at just over 400 games at this point although sadly I keep them in storage boxes, so no glamour shot of beautiful white cases on a shelf for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    I haven't counted, but I've been using the Game Dude list as a general guide. It's missing a few very obscure titles, but it's generally pretty comprehensive.
    http://www.gamedude.com/wii.html
    I clicked the link and was looking through the list. The buy back prices for used games look a lot better than any of the major retail outlets around here.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    I clicked the link and was looking through the list. The buy back prices for used games look a lot better than any of the major retail outlets around here.
    I've been going to Game Dude for years. They are a really neat store. Having said that, they are pretty picky about buy backs. They check each game for scratches or any damage and won't accept games with scratches (even very small scratches), so that's probably why their prices are slighly higher than others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Too bad there's not a store like that over here. All my games are mint condition and I've turned down purchasing used games at Gamestop more than a few times because of scratches. The Play and Trade we had over here was more overpriced than Gamestop so I've only been in there once. There's literally nothing else over here .

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I sold my copy of Xenoblade when I learned it was going for $100+. I didn't care for the game so I figured why not let someone else enjoy it.

I guess that makes me part of the problem.

59 6F 75 72 20 48 44 44 20 61 64 64 69 6E 67 20 65 6D 62 61 72 72 61 73 73 69 6E 67 20 64 61 74 61
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by T.A.P. View Post
    I sold my copy of Xenoblade when I learned it was going for $100+. I didn't care for the game so I figured why not let someone else enjoy it.

I guess that makes me part of the problem.

Filthy capitalist pig!

Not that it matters much, that game was ruined when they decided to make it for the Wii.
    Mario says "... if you do drugs, you go to hell before you die."

Strawberry (Level 2) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DeadlyMaple
    PSN
    DeadlyMaple
    Steam
    some.nerd

Silly me, paying for The Last Story and passing on Xenoblade last year! Had I only known TLS would drop down to $20-30 for a new copy and still be readily available a year later...

I'd certainly suggest adding Endless Ocean: Blue World, as I don't think it got a terribly large print run, and it's a niche sequel.
    I managed to find a copy last year (bundled with Wii Speak) at a local Sears after scouring GameStops for years, but regrettably the outer box was caked in gum and grimy grossness, so I just tossed it.
    Also worth considering, IMO: Pinball Hall of Fame (Gottlieb collection). Not really "in-demand" but certainly not nearly as easy to find as their Williams collection, either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSGTheSportsGamer
    PSN
    DOAsaturn

Quote Originally Posted by old_skoolin_jim View Post
    Silly me, paying for The Last Story and passing on Xenoblade last year! Had I only known TLS would drop down to $20-30 for a new copy and still be readily available a year later...

I'd certainly suggest adding Endless Ocean: Blue World, as I don't think it got a terribly large print run, and it's a niche sequel.
    I managed to find a copy last year (bundled with Wii Speak) at a local Sears after scouring GameStops for years, but regrettably the outer box was caked in gum and grimy grossness, so I just tossed it.
    Also worth considering, IMO: Pinball Hall of Fame (Gottlieb collection). Not really "in-demand" but certainly not nearly as easy to find as their Williams collection, either.
    Heard a lot of people mention Endless Ocean: Blue World as a tough to find game. Still looks like you can get it for fairly cheap used though. The pack-in with Wii voice seems to be a lot more obscure, but sealed copies of anything OOP are in general. Gottlieb looks like it moves at a decent used price ($20+) which seems like a good barometer for titles to consider here.

I can has MOAR DS? Custom rank graphic
    Bay Area, Ca | 2125 miles from Chicagoland
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PapaStu

No Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (regular or bonus DVD version)?
    No Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2?
    No Walk it Out?

Fail I say, FAIL!
    Because it makes no attempt to be great, it is therefore extremely great.
    Some of My Game Collection
    Mah Mac n' Cheese Blog

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A few weeks ago I was reading a thread somewhere that was talking about Xenoblade Chronicles and how expensive it was getting and how great a game it was. It got me thinking that I had bought a copy of it when I heard that they were bringing it over. I checked through one of my storage cabinets and lo and behold, I have a sealed copy that I had totally forgotten about after ordering it. I think that is probably because due to college, work, and family stuff my game playing time is down to about zero unless I am playing a game with one of my grand kids.