Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Good Stuff for sale. Need money....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    I was notified by PayPal today that my refund was declined by lakerstowin's bank.

"An eCheck payment from Sean Williams was declined by the sender's bank. We will automatically try to process this payment again in 3 business days. It then usually takes 3-5 days for the money to be deposited into your account. Please do not ship items until you receive payment."

I'm at a loss for words here. I take it my only recourse now is to file a claim with PayPal?
    Sadly I expect the same thing will happen for me, I'm skeptical that all of us will see our money again.
    Last edited by Xander; 07-10-2013 at 10:25 AM.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Even if you win a claim in paypal's favor if they can't "recover" the money from the person's said account you won't be able to get it back.

Of all the transactions that have happened to me, this happened to me ONCE with a Virtual Boy game for $600 and I was only able to recover $35 of that from paypal. Another scammer I caught and the father sent me a check for $1500 AND Paypal refunded me $1500 so it just depends on how diligent you are following up with all of this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Default holy fuck ...

Dudes, I am from Mexico but I use my aunt's US address to purchase on this forum and eBay because the only time I bought in this forum the seller used the cheapest shipping method to Mexico and the package was stolen and I lost 110 usd ... and I didn't want to file a claim on paypal because I didn't want to cause trouble because I was a new member, and the seller just excused didn't care to help me ... hell, even didn't gave me a tracking number or receipt for the shipping

anyway, after that I have purchased a few stuff here and send it to the US address and no problems at all, au contraire, great prices and great people ... the problem is that i don't actually see the packages after 2 months or more when my aunt visits me or when i have the chance to travel to houston so people like craig can screw me easily ...

After i saw the thread i emailed it to a few friends and we were planning to purchase a lot of stuff ... I want to thank Beagle and Tom for the efforts because I was just about to spend quite a few bucks on this guy, money that is fucking hard to get in Mexico ..

I will try no to lose confidence in this forum's sellers but I don't understand people like this, fuckin crazy maniacs !
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

I would add that no one should trust emails sent from Paypal. They can be faked. Log into Paypal and file a complaint and verify any updates by logging in.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Excellent work! Way to show what DP has turned into over the years. This is what happens when you're only interested in running your game store, not your forums, and let things fester. You scare away the serious collectors and are stuck with scammers and bottom feeders.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Quote Originally Posted by InboRenge View Post
    Excellent work! Way to show what DP has turned into over the years. This is what happens when you're only interested in running your game store, not your forums, and let things fester. You scare away the serious collectors and are stuck with scammers and bottom feeders.
    I'm not sure that is fair to say. This could have happened anywhere and it did. This same seller scammed people on other sites so it wasn't a DP only situation.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by InboRenge View Post
    You have to understand the mods can only do what they can, this is not a paid gig, and Joe is doing what he does to, well, make a living enjoying what he does?

You can't fault him for doing his store but I do agree that there needs to be some updates to how things are run on the forums but these guys are doing the best they can for a volunteer gig basically. You just need someone more vehement about it like Joe was (when he was on here 24/7)

I stopped using the forums because some of the posters now can accuse long standing members of phantom stuff and it's turned into kiddie like stuff...I am actually appalled at how some of the stuff ended up being (and one of these guys is still posting on here quite a bit trying to destroy the reputation of members with phantom accusations, not even saying me personally) but that is just how the forums have become here, and I was on here quite a bit for years until 3 or so years ago.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe I was being a bit harsh, but I truly believe that these boards have taken a decidedly anti "hardcore" collector swing in the last, I don't know, 4-5 years? I was active on these forums from around 2003 to 2007, when I moved over to Nintendoage. I created this account since I can't even remember what my password was for my first account. I understand that making money and putting food on the table comes first, absolutely, but if you think DP is more than just a shadow of it's former self, your being delusional.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

the fact that this guy was allowed to scam before and his account stayed active speaks volumes.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by shawnphase View Post
    the fact that this guy was allowed to scam before and his account stayed active speaks volumes.
    Agreed. Which is why when it happened I was so vehement about letting people know. You were one of the ones telling me to STFU...or did you forget?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

sorry tom, i can admit when i make a faux pas. though i think you probably took what i was saying the wrong way a bit. port's comments about the situation were a little bit more bluntly worded but got the point across better. and if you didnt do what was right at the time to catch up with a mod, follow up and make sure the guy was banned, then he returns and more people get scammed, anything you could say about the guy now is sorta in vain, wouldnt you agree? witch hunt on a proven piece of shit? not saying its not reasonable to let ppl know. so because he was allowed to scam again, who gets the blame here? you? papastu for not following up in the other thread and banning him? the mod team here as a whole? you cant place blame on anyone in particular in this situation because illegal shit is happening. its like one i told you so turns into another because you went to the top of the mountain on this guy but you didnt make sure the locks on the doors were changed, if you get what im sayin..i certainly am not putting any blame on anybody at all. what im saying is simply that its a dickhead chain of events that this guy slipped through the cracks, at the very least someone should have taken his posting creds away.

you had let ppl know all you could at the time and people still ended up getting scammed, ultimately thats all you could do. maybe the only other thing you could have done is to have pm'd people as this thread was gathering steam, and im sure you guys also did that too. it just goes to show you that you can be as opinionated about this kind of thing as possible, but if someone is allowed to hang about and commit fraud on top of fraud...well, there isnt really anything you can do beyond letting people know in this scenario as you did, and even that didnt help for as much of a stink was made about it before if this guy was allowed to scam ppl, how many people exactly did he scam this time? 5-10? its probably why lakerstowin is doing this crap here, because he probably thinks he can get away with it because he wasnt banned.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thank you Shawn. Honestly I didn't know about this until The Nolan's text me and I posted the next day when I could.

Last time around I PM'd the mods all the info including links, offered a police report, aliases, eBay id's etc. they chose to let him stick around and haven't even come into this thread to address the issue. They hold more responsibility than anyone. This could of been avoided. We all make mistakes agreed but they had plenty of evidence. The only reason I didn't push the issues was because of the way I was treated when I let people know. They vilified me for being brash when this dick was allowed to continue his scams. Of course its very unlikely you will see anyone from DP accepting responsibility. How members find that acceptable is beyond my comprehension.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

totally man, my humble apologies for being a jerk. i had to think about and accept i was outta line about that after i posted it, i think i was probably more aggravated to see the situation happen in the first place. i was kind of speaking out of frustration for it in general.

when you see people who dont care about anything except to do people wrong and get something for themselves in communities that are small and enjoyable like this, it really gets to you and on the longterm for me personally it sort of makes me lose faith in people. i have been really lucky to surround myself in great people online and maybe ive come to see the good in people and taken it for granted at times, so when i see really shitty stuff happen like that, more often than not i get vocal about things when i should be the one stfu'ing, ahahahah.

i think a lot of my frustration in this hobby comes from seeing this kind of thing happen, and i feel compelled to follow through with reading stuff like this to let people know the general stuff of what to avoid since i do know a lot of collectors, some who probably buy and sell from people in the different communities but arent actually a part of them. i dont collect a lot, and i do collect for sentimental reasons i suppose. but i think maybe in the frustration i felt i was sort of taking it upon myself to try and muzzle the situation because of the potential legal ramifications when it was your fight...you gotta know your enemy of course. putting myself in your shoes based on the fact that it was pretty much in a big legal realm. ultimately i feel a bit worse now because it could have been up to any of us who were reading that thread and message a mod after a few weeks, ask people if they got straight from the scam. but by then scammy mcscammerson had already transferred money out of his pp im sure and it was forgotten about. i hope that does not happen again, heh.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    lakerstowin

To people that have not got their money back from payfuck, please file a claim. You are protected from them if your verified. They will reimburse you, then go after me after the investigation is complete. By then, I am gone.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

youre gone alright..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PolygonGTC
    PSN
    PolygonGTC
    Steam
    BlastMode7

Quote Originally Posted by lakerstowin View Post
    To people that have not got their money back from payfuck, please file a claim. You are protected from them if your verified. They will reimburse you, then go after me after the investigation is complete. By then, I am gone.
    So, you're pretty much saying fuck you! I got your money and there's nothing you can do about it? Well, if I ever meet you expect to be punched in the throat!
    Atari: 2600, Jaguar
    Microsoft: XBox, XBox 360
    Nintendo: NES, GB, GBC, SNES, N64, GameCube, GBA SP, Wii, New 3DS, Wii U
    Sega: SMS, Genesis, Game Gear, Nomad, Sega CD, 32X, Saturn, Dreamcast
    Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3
    Wanted: 7800, Neo Geo CD

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    WastingOrpheus

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    So, you're pretty much saying fuck you! I got your money and there's nothing you can do about it? Well, if I ever meet you expect to be punched in the throat!
    There is no higher agenda here. Just a common thief.

And he has been here since 2009. Douchebag !

http://www.digitpress.com/forum/sear...earchid=160548

Insert Coin (Level 0) segafan1989's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lakerstowin View Post
    Wow, you really are a piece of work. Take the $55 that I "gave" you and use it to buy a soul and conscience. You obviously need the money more than I so consider it my gift to you. I feel sorry for you because you had a terrible upbringing and your parents failed you. They failed to teach you morals and the difference between right and wrong. I hope you do not have children of your own because if you do, they should be ashamed to call you their father, although I doubt they will because the apple never falls far from the tree.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    lakerstowin

Quote Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
    If you read the whole thread and why I have done this you would see I am not saying fuck you. I refunded everybody their money. As much as an asshole that I am, I am not trying to steal the people's money on this board.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    lakerstowin

Quote Originally Posted by segafan1989 View Post
    Wow, you really are a piece of work. Take the $55 that I "gave" you and use it to buy a soul and conscience. You obviously need the money more than I so consider it my gift to you. I feel sorry for you because you had a terrible upbringing and your parents failed you. They failed to teach you morals and the difference between right and wrong. I hope you do not have children of your own because if you do, they should be ashamed to call you their father, although I doubt they will because the apple never falls far from the tree.

If you read the whole thread and why I have done this you would see I am not saying fuck you. I refunded everybody their money. As much as an asshole that I am, I am not trying to steal the people's money on this board. I hate pp more than the people hate me on this site. I got ripped 31000 off by them and I got just over 21 back. I am done now. Just wish there was another way to do it without using other people.
    Last edited by lakerstowin; 07-11-2013 at 02:50 AM.