Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Quote Originally Posted by Ghouls 'N Ghosts
    Quote Originally Posted by soniko_karuto
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Ames
    Maybe its just because I've tried racing Pole Position on Namco Museum for the GBA, makes Outrun seem to control perfectly.
    ok, let me second that. SEGA Arcade gallery kicks ass!!

I just read the Namco part..and Im like "uhh ok?":
    There's something inherently wrong with the steering in Pole Position on Namco Museum Volume 1 for the PSX. I'm sure having a NeGcon would probably make it steer much better, but they tried to emulate the wheel using the digital pad and it's just insane. It's like the longer you push the button, the faster the virtual "wheel" is spinning. So you start turns really slowly and then all of a sudden your driving perpindicular to the track. This means you crash at every hairpin turn, (since you can't reverse direction efficiently) and as such the game is impossible to master.

Oh yeah, Phantasy Star Collection, great high-quality cart! Gotta love seeing the game freeze and crash while trying to save during Phantasy Star 1!

I have very mixed feelings about PS Collection. Great idea, could have been a lot more enjoyable without the save bug.
    Maybe you had a bum cart. I played PS1 from start to finish and never had a problem.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

When I contacted THQ about this, I was told that they knew about the bug (the game crashes upon saving while a certain music loop plays) and that there was no plan to correct that. Now, if they did and did nothing to offer a replacement for owners of the game, that's really not a classy thing to do.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jaye
    When I contacted THQ about this, I was told that they knew about the bug (the game crashes upon saving while a certain music loop plays) and that there was no plan to correct that. Now, if they did and did nothing to offer a replacement for owners of the game, that's really not a classy thing to do.
    No it's not. But I mean, IT'S THQ! It's pretty clear from their track record of releases alone that they just don't give a shit. You're right, and you did the right thing, but I personally wouldn't have even bothered contacting them because I know I'd get nothing out of it.

Note the irony: THQ finally puts out a game that we actually want to play (which they didn't design) and it STILL comes out messed up. :/

Oh well. I love that comp anyway, and like I said, I never had any problems with it.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

I contacted them again about this this morning, asking them if a corrected version was ever released and if so, if it were possible to receive a replacement cart upon sending them the buggy one.

Let's see what they answer...

In comparison, when it turns out that there was a one-frame bug in the Tron DVD that made the screen turn into green pixellation when the movie was viewed in a PS2, Disney did the classy thing and sent replacement copies of the movie itself (in a paper sleeve) if you made the request. And you didn't even need to send them the faulty copy. Say what you might about Disney, but that was good customer service right there!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zektor

As for the Phantasy Star Collection, again, awesome. I do believe that the included original SMS PS1 is the only re-release of a real Sega Master System game on any console ever...but I could be wrong.
    PS1 came out on the Mega Drive and in the PS Collection on Saturn.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_Ames
    Maybe its just because I've tried racing Pole Position on Namco Museum for the GBA, makes Outrun seem to control perfectly.

I have no trouble winning anytime I play Outrun, so I guess it works for me.
    And I thought Pole Position was just fine. =) OutRun is in my Top 5 games ever, so I think my expectations just couldn't be met sans analog control. It's a decent port, infact the whole cart is decent, just not what I was hoping for.