Quote Originally Posted by TheRetroVideoGameAddict View Post
I actively play sports games like NBA 2k13, WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2012, and UFC, but mainly I've played the 3 Modern Warfare games, the 2 Lego Batman games, the first Batman Arkham game, Left 4 Dead 2, and Gears of War. The 3 Modern Warfare games and the first Lego Batman game were me favorites and I've beaten the 4 of them at least 4x each as well as played countless hours of online play with MW2 and MW3. But all of the other games I've tried whether it be at friends houses or through playing demo's I've just not been able to get into at all, while with retro games I've been able to jump right in and have a blast. I just don't like how games today are so long and drawn out and how companies seem to want to move toward online play, it just irks me.
Personally I really like long games. If I find a game I really like, the longer the better. Skyrim is absolutely gigantic. It took me a month and a half of playing it in order to get the platinum trophy and I thoroughly enjoyed playing it.
Regarding online play, some games are just better played online with others (if you dont have someone right next to you that is). I love fighting games and I would always rather play against a human opponent than the computer.