Thread: Vintage t-shirts

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Vintage t-shirts

I have three t-shirts here that have been hanging in my closet forever. The two white ones are starting to really yellow and get dingy just on the hanger. Probably should have taken better care of them. Mainly I'm curious if they are worth throwing on ebay because they will draw a good price or just wash them and wear them. I can't find any past auctions for them. If I do decide to sell, should I wash them first or do you think it will kill the value?

1. XL black Devil's Crush t-shirt. Front design is the lizard face with helmet and flames, Devil's Crush written above it with some skeleton and small tg-16 logos. Back design is a large TG-16 logo.

2. L white Conker's Bad Fur Day t-shirt. Front design has a black and white line drawing of Conker in a bathroom face down in the toilet. Underneath it says 'Shhh! Conker is taking a nap' and below the text is a small N64 and Bad Fur Day logo. Back is blank.

3. XL white LOZ: Ocarina of Time t-shirt. Front has the Link shield with sword behind it and 'Zelda' written in large red letters with 'The Legend of' above and 'Ocarina of Time' below in smaller text. Back is blank. Left sleeve has the Funcoland logo.

Appreciate any help.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not sure of the worth, but if you're selling, i'm interested in the conker shirt. PM if you decide on a price!
    wooooooosh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

everything TG16 is very rare and obscure. That Devil's Crush shirt is incredibly rare
    OWNER: http://www.sealedvideogames.net
    My Rpg Collection
    Always looking for FACTORY SEALED snes and sega and psx RPG's.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Appreciate all the help. I'm interested in weeding down the collection and would like these to go to someone that would appreciate them. I believe from what I have read that the Conker one is also fairly rare - to the point I can hardly find a picture of it. I did find the same design on a coaster for the launch but nothing about a shirt.

Still curious about the consensus of washing them vice selling them as is. Not sure how badly it would diminish the value of the white ones to wash them vs selling them a little 'closet-worn'. The TG-16 one looks pretty mint so think it is fine without messing with it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AlanD View Post
    Appreciate all the help. I'm interested in weeding down the collection and would like these to go to someone that would appreciate them. I believe from what I have read that the Conker one is also fairly rare - to the point I can hardly find a picture of it. I did find the same design on a coaster for the launch but nothing about a shirt.

Still curious about the consensus of washing them vice selling them as is. Not sure how badly it would diminish the value of the white ones to wash them vs selling them a little 'closet-worn'. The TG-16 one looks pretty mint so think it is fine without messing with it
    Assuming the printing isn't cracked already, you could probably get away with a hand wash in cold water with mild detergent and a rinse, then lay flat to dry on a rack. A lot of promo shirts from back then have crappy printing which degraded rather quickly when mixed in with regular laundry. I would be honest about the condition and how you washed it when you sell them though.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oh I have no intention of hiding that they were washed. Just curious on best method. All of these look very nice other than just the dingy white. I'll hand wash and dry and see what happens. Thanks

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Usually it's recommended to wash printed shirts inside out, though most people don't bother.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Devil's Crush T-shit

PM'd you about the Devil's Crush t-shirt. Just wondering what you are asking for it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SlowGolf2004
    PSN
    ownerizer
    Steam
    WDENNIS5280

I sold a 5 year old Quakecon shirt to Australia for $20. Go figure.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

wow i am supprised that the australian goverment wanted a 5 year old nerd rag for $20

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DrWily008
    PSN
    DrWily008

I used to have a ton of that exact "Shhh...Conker is taking a nap!" shirts. They were promos for preordering it from Babbages/Software etc. back in the day. I don't think they were from the managers conference as I had more than a dozen.

They used to send us so much cool stuff that we always had extras. Since, I am a collector I would get it.

Around 2002 I sold them all (I think all) for like $25 each. I'm sure that has increase with that games cult status.