1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    Psygnosis8
    PSN
    Psygnosis8
    Steam
    Psygnosis8

Quote Originally Posted by eskobar View Post
    Guys, I have read some of your opinions and if he took too seriously the internet and was criticized for that, YOU TOO are taking the internet and HIM too seriously ...

Why get mad because he said if the PC was for spreadsheets of that Japanese games sucked ? ... isn't the same position he is taking ?

Everyone of us posting online about the things we love, like gaming, tend to be too much passionate about and tend to take a few statements a bit too personal, we should know more about the person on the other side of the keyboard and be a little less aggressive when some people thinks and writes ideas that we totally disagree with.

He has the right to express his thoughts and I think is very good that he does not have any filter on the stuff he writes, I prefer that to the usual PR and business driven comments of almost every developer.

The guy may be seen as a "diva" but those characters are welcome on the development community as long as they make good games.

... its a shame that the internet summons the worst of many people and many kids and adults spend too much time criticizing ANYTHING ... we can be more mature about this than Phil Fish, if you don't like his attitude, just ignore him ... but don't let that stop you from checking FEZ if you haven't tried it yet.
    I'm not freaking out. Im very calmly stating that he is an elitist. If he didnt want you to think that, he wouldn't act this way.

And if I was a publisher, I wouldn't want this guy in my development stable. This kind of behavior alienates potential customers, which is bad for business.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Graham Mitchell View Post
    This kind of behavior alienates potential customers, which is bad for business.
    In this matter you are right, that may be the cause that FEZ wasn't nearly as successful as Braid or Limbo ... although Braid was a superior product in my opinion.

I support a theory of another fellow member regarding problems with development and the sky high hype as the real reason for the cancellation, but in the end he will release FEZ II ... well, i hope
    Las calles no son basurero, POR FAVOR TIREN LA BASURA EN SU LUGAR !!!!

Professional Geek Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

People don't have better things to do than have internet fights with this guy?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2600 View Post
    People don't have better things to do than have internet fights with this guy?

So now we're judging him based on what he looks like?
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
    So now we're judging him based on what he looks like?
    To be fair, he doesn't look much different than any indie developer, regardless of what kind of person they are.

Even Notch can manage to bite his tongue on occasion, why couldn't Fish?

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

There's a difference between indie developers and homebrewers, homebrewers basically make games because they enjoy making games. To them it's not about making money as a business.

Of course there's indie game makers that care about games, it's just that there's plenty who really don't and care more about the money or recognition. Lately everyone seems to love anything indie just because it's indie. Must be a hipster thing.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I still want to know why he hates Japanese games or modern ones at least. Has he not played any Atlus games???? Or Nintendo ones?
    Last edited by JakeM; 07-29-2013 at 06:13 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JakeM View Post
    I still want to know why he hates Japanese games or modern ones at least. Has he not played any Atlus games???? Or Nintendo ones?
    Or hell, what about the doujin scene? You know, the same one that made Cave Story? THE GAME THAT HIS GAME ESSENTIALLY WOULDN'T EXIST WITHOUT?

He hates it because he's pretentious and wants games to be artistic expressions of himself first, fun second. The Japanese games industry may have a lot of problems, but at least their homebrew/indie games are actually focused on fun.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Just... I don't know what to think anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Jesus Christ. He really is that goddamn stupid, huh? Pardon the language, but man. Going on /v/ and pretending to be a fan, but not even noticing that your screenshot clearly gives yourself away?

This is either a man's ego slowly crumbling that he doesn't know how to deal with or the absolute worst form of viral marketing in existence. If it's the latter, wow. Either way, he has no idea how to interact with people online at all. Why would you go to 4chan, then?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I, uh...wow. Just wow. Assuming someone didn't just screencap the twitter post and add the delete button in, this is a new low.

Fish needs to seek help.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, I know not to go to 4chan, but this guy is absolutely asking for it by going there. He shouldnt even make a post without the delete option on there, he shouldnt go t o4chan at all.

I wish he would make Fez 2 after all this, lets see how he bounces back. Or maybe another game dealing with all the hate he has in him and has received.