Thanked in
    0 Posts

Roadium swap meet finds...

PS1 Power Serve 3D Tennis-$3
    Sealed PS2 R-Type Final-$4
    GameCube Pikmin 2 (missing manual)-$2
    PS2 Promo NFR Shadow Hearts-$5
    PSP Monster Hunter Freedom Unite demo disc-$1

The highlight of the day was recognizing one of the sellers from a garage sale that I had 2 weeks ago, and then recognizing some of my old stuff on her table!

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Catching up

Went to the local Lutheran thirft store at lunch today. Picked up a model 1 Genesis with power, RF, and one 3-button controller for $2, and a couple GBC carts for $1 each (Spongebob, Nickelodeon Rocket Power) Made me finally get off my butt and post after not posting for months. Most of my finds lately have been books and music, but I have found a few other goodies including a Dreamcast keyboard (in original box) and an Atari CX-22 trackball (in original box). Also some other stuff not leaping to mind, will have to post when I get home from work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Wow, some truly fantastic finds lately! Much like the area of Texas that I'm in, I'm stuck in a terrible drought - finds are few and far between. Went to my local shop (FX Game Exchange) and picked these up today:

All Atari 2600 and loose:

Mountain King
    Math Gran Prix (Picture label)
    Space Combat (Picture label)
    Tank-Plus (text label)
    Thunderground - end label is a little loose, need to reglue it down.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Flea market finds:

NES Remote Control and Championship Bowling are both complete, in great shape and were $5 each. GC Custom Robo and PS2 Freaky Flyers were $2 each, and the Japanese PS2 Evergrace II was $5

Goodwill finds, $5.99 each. MP4 and MKDD are missing their manuals, a too-common trait the I've been running into lately among GameCube games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

PS1:
    Krazy Ivan
    Legend of Kartia
    Star Wars: Demolition

PS2:
    Clumsy Shumsy
    Duel Masters - Limited Edition
    Extermination
    Gecko Blaster
    Gladiator: Sword of Vengeance
    Gran Turismo 4
    Herdy Gerdy
    Kengo: Master of Bushido
    Lotus Challenge
    Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 3
    Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 4
    Naruto: Ultimate Ninja 5
    Naruto: Uzumaki Chronicles 2
    Resident Evil 4 - Limited Edition
    Sled Storm
    SSX: On Tour
    The Godfather: The Game - Limited Edition in Coffin Box
    Time Crisis II
    Turok: Evolution
    Twisted Metal Black Online
    Virtua Pro Football
    Wakeboarding Unleashed

PS3:
    Assassin's Creed 3

SMD:
    Cool Spot
    Soleil
    Zool

Insert Coin (Level 0) Dashopepper's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Went to a flea market at an antique tractor show. Yesterday walked around didn't find anything except for one vendor who "specialized" in video games. The guy had common NES games for $9, FFII for $45 and so on. Today walked around, got a Genesis controller for $1, boxed lawn Jarts for $15, and spotted these TurboGrafx from about 20 yards away sitting by themselves on a table. $25 for all of it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-08-09_16-01-28_713.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	6983

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pink DS lite and 6 games $25
    Soul Calibur(DC) $4
    Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time(N64) $3
    Quest 64(N64) $3
    Legend Of Zelda: Majora's Mask(N64) x 2 $3 each
    Goldeneye 64(N64) x2 $3 each
    Perfect Dark(N64) $3
    Microsoft Office MAC 2008 $3
    Magazine 29 cents
    X Mania 7: The Big Time dvd $5
    Legend Of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass print $1

So I came across a second pink DS lite in as many weeks. This one has the GBA slot card, something I didn't even know existed because none of the DS lite systems I've found have had it. But this one was stuck. I thought maybe it was sealed that way but I eventually pried it open. The previous owner had spilled what looked like soda into it and that caused the GBA slot card to become almost permanently attached to the system. I cleaned both the slot card and the slot out though and the system itself works pretty well. At that same yard sale I found the Office Mac and Phantom Hourglass print(which I think was a preorder bonus) but I missed out on a Star Wars PSP. But considering how much I had to clean the DS lite maybe thats for the best.

I was looking thru one of the carts of products in Goodwill that needed to be put out and one of the employees walked over to it and put a handfull of N64 games down. One was gold and that turned out to be Majora's Mask. He then came back a couple minutes later with another handful of N64 games and before he set them down I could see two more gold carts. Those were the other two Zelda games. I asked if he had any more and he told me that was all he had and that he originally put them in the wrong spot and was relocating them. There was quite a bit but I made sure to leave stuff for other people, like those rare Madden and WCW wrestling games. I also passed on two Intellivision games, one of them sealed, but picked up Soul Calibur in the cd section.

The X Mania 7 dvd was interesting. At first I thought it was just a wrestling dvd since this Savers is known to carry them from time to time. But when I took a closer look it turned out to be a Japanese dvd for various Street Fighter II tournaments similiar to EVO that takes place every year. It was priced two dollars higher than their regular dvds but I picked it up anyway as it isn't something you see everyday. And most people wouldn't have been able to play it anyway since it's region 2.

Fantasia 2000 dvd $4
    Blade: The Animated Series $4
    Mega Man Legends(PS1) $4
    Batman two movie dvd $1.97
    Final Destination Three Movie Collection sealed $4
    Rocky cd $4
    Kelly Clarkson cd $3
    The Making of X-Men Legends dvd $4

The Batman dvd and cds were from a thrift store. Not sure why they charged more for the Rocky cd than all the others but no big deal. The other dvds were from two different Goodwills. The X-Men Legends dvd is apparently just a disc version of a G4 tv special that aired back in the day. I was looking for the Blade animated series. It's on Crackle along with the other recent Marvel animated series but having 5 to 7 commercials for 20-22 minutes of each episode is super annoying. And then we have Mega Man Legends. After picking up the Blade dvd I was just kind of browsing the cd/dvd area for the second time before I left. There was a small amount of PS1/Dreamcast games next to some dvds and I kind of glazed thru them before noticing MML. I grabbed it, made sure it was complete and then immediately started searching for MML2. Unfortunately I never saw it but this one is good for now. During the last month or so my thrifts, particularly Goodwil, have started getting in some really good stuff.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 08-09-2013 at 07:10 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Guyra View Post
    Checking out GameFAQs, I'd assume Cool Spot is some sort of rental art. It appears the real art did not need to tell us it is a video game. :P

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Yard Sales 8-9&10-13

Genesis Sports Game (Complete) - .25
    Playstation 2 System (Kingdom Hearts Was In The System) & Misc DS Stuff - 12
    Mario Party DS (Game Only) - 2

Asked about video games and the PS2 and some games were brought out offered 10 for the system which was countered with 12, the DS misc was in a free box. The other 2 games were asking price.

N64 With 9 Games (Forgot To Show It Did Have A 4 Meg Expansion) - 5
    Kobe Bryant In NBA Courtside - .50
    Fat Playstation 3 In Slim Box With Power Cord & Remote - 15
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (PS3, Complete) - 5

The Kobe Bryant game was a buck but took .50. The PS3 was 50 to which I told the guy I was thinking more like 5 and explained to him how these things breakdown (he didn't really seem to know anything about it). He countered with 25 but ended up taking 15. Other two were asking price.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Since it's hard to find anything in the Dallas area anymore, I drove up to Bonham, TX for their monthly flea market - all I found of interest was a Tomy Blip! electromechanical game (a battery powered portable Pong) in a water damaged box for $15. A bit high, but I can't haggle to save my life. I then went well out of my way over to Paris, TX to their flea market just to find that a horrible accident on the highway in front of the place had shut down all traffic to the area, and by the time I managed to wind my way through the detours, find a place to park, and hoof it over to the flea market, all the vendors had either packed up and left or were in the process of shutting down since no customers could enter the place. A complete waste of time going all that way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SparTonberry View Post
    Checking out GameFAQs, I'd assume Cool Spot is some sort of rental art. It appears the real art did not need to tell us it is a video game. :P
    Hahaha! Yeah, in case it wasn't obvious that it was a video game. xD And yes, it's a rental.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Flea Market 8-11-13

F-15 Strike Eagle II (No Manual) - 2
    Valkyrie Profile 2: Silmeria (Complete) - 4
    Star Wars: KOTOR II (Complete) & Sim City - 4
    Zelda: Majora's Mask (Non Hologram) - 5 & Metroid
    21 NES Games & The Last 4 Disk Based Games In The Picture (No Manual For Alice Madness Returns, Other 3 Complete) - 30

VP2 was 5 I offered 3 and the guy offered to meet me in the middle. Star Wars & Sim City were 5 and 3 but took 4. Majora's Mask was 20, offer 5 and Metroid which was taken. The rest of the stuff was from a regular seller, NES games were 1.50 each current gen 5 each and 3 for last gen. I ended up offering 20 for the NES games which he took then he showed me some disk based games he just brought this week and offered to do 4 for Alice and 2 each for the last gen games which I took. The NES game with the bad label is DuckTales.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Nice Pick Ups..

I picked up some game stuff from a friend that I'll post up later..

I went Racing Saturday,stopped at a FREE STUFF Sign after the race..Got a bunch free stuff,NEW DVDS,CDS,Kids Dirtbike Racing equipment

and one of these.

Logitech E-UH9 MOMO Racing Game Controller Force Feedback Steering Wheel +Pedal

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Logitech-E-U...-/111141447220

Sunday I bought one of these for $5.00 virtually worthless.

Coleco Cabbage Patch Phone Model 7911
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Coleco-Cabba...-/111138090307

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wii and accessories $50

I picked this up at a yard sale. It's a like new boxed Wii with a sealed classic controller, sealed nunchuk and four Wiimotes along with all the normal hook ups. The Wii I picked up a few weeks ago at Goodwill had a busted sensor bar so I sold the whole thing. This one was missing the Wii Sports disc but it should be pretty easy to find a replacement for it.

Super Smash Bros Melee(GC) $4 not pictures
    Pokemon Coloseum(GC) in Agent Under Fire case $4
    Table Tennis(360) $3
    Soul Calibur III(PS2) demo $7
    Mario Kart 7(3DS)
    Mario And Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story(DS)

The Gamecube games and Table Tennis were from two different Goodwill's. Super Smash Bros Melee was inside of a Gamecube but the case was nowhere to be found in the rest of the cart. I'm not even sure why I decided to look inside the 007: Agent Under Fire case but when I did Pokemon Coloseum was looking right back at me. I checked all the shelves but couldn't find it's real case. The two Mario games for 3DS and DS were another craigs list find. The seller wanted $18 for Mario Kart 7 and $8 for Mario and Luigi so I offered him $22 for both and he accepted.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Here’s some of the stuff from Sunday..

This stuff was all junk cleaned out of a garage,for resale as parts or repair..

Not pictured..big box of Vintage Strawberry Shortcake toys

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dashopepper View Post
    Went to a flea market at an antique tractor show. Yesterday walked around didn't find anything except for one vendor who "specialized" in video games. The guy had common NES games for $9, FFII for $45 and so on. Today walked around, got a Genesis controller for $1, boxed lawn Jarts for $15, and spotted these TurboGrafx from about 20 yards away sitting by themselves on a table. $25 for all of it.

Name:	2013-08-09_16-01-28_713.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	6983
    you luckly SOB on that TG16....god I'd love to find a deal like that,
    COMPLETED MY USA SMS SET!!!!

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Name:	0813132047.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	6996

found this at a "local donation center" $4 for this game, Yu-Gi-Oh and some mall shoppers game, all for game boy color. I would say value wise, this is my best find of the 7 years I've been hunting. My brother wanted to go to this store, and I was all "fine, I'll go with you, even though I never find anything." looks like I made the right choice this time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mailman187666 View Post

Name:	0813132047.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	88.9 KB 
ID:	6996

found this at a "local donation center" $4 for this game, Yu-Gi-Oh and some mall shoppers game, all for game boy color. I would say value wise, this is my best find of the 7 years I've been hunting. My brother wanted to go to this store, and I was all "fine, I'll go with you, even though I never find anything." looks like I made the right choice this time.
    Well bleeping done. Often it's when you aren't expecting anything that the good stuff shows up.
    Whaddya mean invalid parameters?!

9,000 gigs of ram and it still can't answer a simple question!

Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

Made a rather large trade with an old friend for these. I ended up trading about 170$ worth of magic cards (including a force of will) for everything, turns out the nintendo pins were recalled at some point. this completes my Megaman and Castlevania collections, been trying to find Belmont's Revenge for over 10 years.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

So about 3 years ago I "lost" my Nightmare on Elm Street boxed set by leaving it at an ex's house. Which lead me to the "do I actually go back and get them or screw it so I don't have to deal with her". Well I figured I'd easily find a replacement at the billion-ish pawn shops in the area overflowing with DVD's. Yeah, I was soooo wrong. Then today I walk in and all DVD's are b1g1 free to clear space. They have literally a thousand-ish dvd's on the floor and more in back. What do I find? The boxed set I wanted, for ten bucks! YAY!

Yep I just wanted to share that, I'm not taking pictures lol. Just never give up hope, you'll find it eventually (apparently).