Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: August 2013 Finds

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got a few, new PS2 titles for my collection!

PS2:
    Cart Kings
    Chandragupta: Warrior Prince
    Diabolik: The Original Sin
    Evil Dead: A Fistful of Boomstick - Special Movie Edition
    Myth Makers Supert Kart GP
    Ra.One: The Game
    SEGA Superstars Tennis
    Street Cricket Champions
    Street Cricket Champions 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I went flea market shopping, only found Galaxy Force for the Sega Master System for $5 there. On the way home, I hit a couple retro game shops. Bought the two rip-off Atari 7800 ProControllers for $10 each, the Atari 7800/XEGS light gun for $15, and that big round controller is a Quickshot QS-116, made specifically for the Sega Master System. That was also $15. All the game store stuff was higher than I had hoped it would be, but then I rarely find anything of interest in my area anymore, so it was worth it to me.

The Tomy Blip game was what I found last week after a long day of flea market and thrift store hunts.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Found this at the local flea market with other games such as Phantasy Star III , 2 copies of shining in the darkness and a few others.

The case says championship edition rom is just the normal JMF93. I can see why one would swap it out but sadly it has been done prior to me getting this. At a loss what to do with this item now.

Current Collection Stats As Of 12/10/2013 : Cartridges - 206 ( 182 unique titles 24 label variations ) : Cassettes - 21 :

Currently in the market for :

+ Atari 8 bit game cartridges ( all brands and most titles )
    + Atari 8 Bit Prototype and Demo cartridges
    + Atari 8 bit manuals and boxes

PM me if you see anything above that you have doubles or interest in getting rid of.

Check out my
    Atari 8-Bit Museum Site at http://www.a8museum.com
    Atari 8-Bit Museum on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/groups/392317377550512/
    And on Ebay under the handle ThePaperVault

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No finds today but snagged some stuff yesterday.

At the flea market I found a CIB Yogi Bear on SNES. The box has "3.99" written on it in marker, indicating it came from a thrift store, and the vendor originally tried to pitch $15 to me on it. I said no thanks at that price and as I was leaving he dropped it to $10.

After the flea, hit up some Gamestops and a Thrift Store.

Gamestop 1 yielded a Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection for 3DS for $5.

Gamestop 2 had my Shin Megami Tensei IV pre-order that I picked up. I tried to take advantage of a B2G1F sale they have going on for used Wii and picked out Wing Island, SSX Blur, and Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree. They didn't have the disc for Wing Island and I didn't have time to hunt for another so I just left the other two there. The associate did let me keep the case/book for Wing Island though.

Gamestop 3 was a bust. I didn't find anything I was looking for in that location.

Gamestop 4 had two games on a B1G1F sale. On that I picked up Dissidia Final Fantasy for $10 and got The Kore Gang on Wii for free.

Right by Gamestop 4 was a Thrift Store. I found Lego Rock Raiders and "Racing" (part of the A1 Game series released by Agetec) for $2 each. I also netted an Imaginext fold out Castle bare bones for $2.

Across from Gamestop 4 was a used movie/CD chain called Buybacks. They were holding a B3G1F sale so from them I picked up Donkey Kong (NES Classics) and WTA Tour Tennis on GBA (both CIB), SBK Snowboard Kids on DS, and The Oregon Trail for 3DS (Donkey Kong ended up being my free one).
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Yard Sales 8-16-13

Donkey Kong & Mario Kart Super Circuit - 4
    Ultimate Alliance 2 (PS2, Complete), Mario & Sonic Winter Olympics (Wii, No Manual) & Mario Galaxy (Disk Only) - 6
    Crash Bandicoot & Crash Bash - 2
    3 2600 Games - 3
    All NES, SNES & DS Stuff (DS & Boxed NES Games All Complete Including The Map For Zelda) - 22

The Game Boy games were at a sale that advertised games for said systems and were 2 each. At another sale I asked about games and the lady brought out what was mostly PS2 with a few Wii games in the mix out that she forgot to bring out, sounded like jr was to sort them out for the yard sale and never did, 2 dollars each again. The Crash games were asking a buck each at a sale that advertised video games. Asked about games and some Atari stuff was brought out to which I offered a buck each for the 3 I got. DS games were out and a buck each, when I asked about games the lady mentioned some Nintendo stuff she had at home, I ended up going back and she was asking $5 for the system and a buck a game which I was happy with since she was nice enought to follow up on bringing and selling. The NES also came with 2 controllers and hookups which I didn't bother to put in the picture but I did want to include the NES in the picture since it's on crack.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Yard Sales 8-17-13

2 Complete Xbox Games - 2
    Xbox With Hookups, 1 Duke & 1 Regular Controller - 3
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance (PS2, Complete) & Resident Evil 4 With 2 Playstation systems - 15
    Everything Else Pictured And All of The Generic Stuff I Didn't Bother To Include In The Picture (Also Genesis Model 1 x2 & Model 2 x1 With Misc Controllers & Hookups) - 25

Xbox games were a buck each. Xbox system was 10 but offered to do 5 and took 3. IIRC the PS2 slim I got had hookups and a controller and was 10, the fat system I got was marked 3 and IIRC had a controller and A/V cords. The games were 2 each and took 15 for what I got. The last sale had a bunch of random stuff most in the .25 to 1 range. I left a bunch of boring stuff out of the picture for the sake of trying to keep it to one picture. Some stuff was a 2600 AC Adapter - 1, 3 NES hard cases for games for .10 each, x2 Atari Joysticks so many general stuff that I've had in pictures before. I at least wanted to have the games, systems and unique or something I've never ran into and got in the wild in the picture. Came up to 25.90 and we ended up just making it an even 25.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Flea Market 8-18-13

10 Genesis Games & Operation Darkness (Complete) - 10 & Some Stuff I Paid About 1.50 For That I Brought The Seller
    Q*Bert - 2
    Thunder Froce V - 3
    2 NES Games & Dr Frankenstein II - 15

Genesis Games were a buck each, Xbox 360 game 5. Q*Bert asking price, Thunder Force V was 5 and took 3. I was asked to make an offer on the 2 NES games to which I offered 10 and was countered with 12 then I ended up also offering 3 for the GB game which was taken from 5.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default 8-19-13

NES systems x2 With 4x 1st Party Controllers, x2 Zappers & Hookups x2 & 28 Games With Some Misc Instructions - 100

This was actually from another buyer I ran into at a yard sale back on 5-4-13 at a big community sale that over heard me asking about games and offered to take my number. They wanted 125 and I offered 100 which they took. Gold game is Quattro Adventure, manuals included for NES system, Zapper, Final Fantasy, Spot: The Video Game, SMB/DH, SMB/DH/WCTM & Super Mario Bros 2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    SlowGolf2004
    PSN
    ownerizer
    Steam
    WDENNIS5280

Quote Originally Posted by FOnewearl View Post

NES systems x2 With 4x 1st Party Controllers, x2 Zappers & Hookups x2 & 28 Games With Some Misc Instructions - 100

This was actually from another buyer I ran into at a yard sale back on 5-4-13 at a big community sale that over heard me asking about games and offered to take my number. They wanted 125 and I offered 100 which they took. Gold game is Quattro Adventure, manuals included for NES system, Zapper, Final Fantasy, Spot: The Video Game, SMB/DH, SMB/DH/WCTM & Super Mario Bros 2.
    Not to sound like a jerk, but I fail to see how this is worth $100. Maybe I'm just a cheapass.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by ownerizer View Post
    Not to sound like a jerk, but I fail to see how this is worth $100. Maybe I'm just a cheapass.
    Metal Storm (top row, all the way to the left) sells for around 50-75 by itself, so there's that.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ownerizer View Post
    Two NES systems with hookups and 28 decent games aren't worth $100? Especially when one of those games is Metal Storm? I'm jealous of a deal like that, even without the Metal Storm it would be a good price for everything.

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by camarotuner View Post
    Metal Storm (top row, all the way to the left) sells for around 50-75 by itself, so there's that.
    You had to beat me to it, a few seconds too slow on my end.
    Last edited by Gameguy; 08-21-2013 at 09:38 PM.

Peach (Level 3)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    EDIT:

You had to beat me to it, a few seconds too slow on my end.
    Sorry, you can have the next one lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Just got back from a family "vacation" to visit my wife's family in Troy Michigan last week. Big highlight each year is the Woodward Dream Cruise, but on one of the other days I went looking for some old game stores. The only thing I came across was "Mind Games" in either Rochester Hills or Sterling Heights (not sure where the towns end). The guy was kinda crotchety and his prices were honestly a bit on the high side, but he did have some nice stuff. Most of his items were priced in the upper eBay range, but honestly considering how impossible it is to find anything in Dallas anymore, I really didn't care. I picked up a few boxed, complete Genesis games averaging around $8 each and passed on a few others that I kinda wished I would have grabbed... I'm at work now, but will edit this with a pic later today.

POint of the story - Mind Games is a nice place to look around but for locals it's probably a bit pricey.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Dashopepper's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default A great day for video games

Awesome day. First I got my copy of Ganbare Goemon 2 (Mystical Ninja game) I bought on Ebay for $7 earlier in the week. Picked up Rebel Strike Preview disc at on thrift store for $4 and the Game Gear/Gameboy games for $1 each at a salvation army. Then at another thrift shop found the Sega CD games. Guy had put them out yesterday. I pointed out to my brother that the Space Adventure was made by Hudson Soft and looked cool and was probably worth some money, I had no idea it was going to be my top video game find so far, all there and super minty. The Sega CD games were 3 for $10.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-08-22_20-56-20_119.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	7017

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Batman: Arkham Asylum variant strategy guide
    Batman: Arkham City variant strategy guide
    Marvel Ultimate Alliance: Gold Edition(360)

I snuck in at the last second to get both Batman variant guides for $20 total. Back during Best Buy's glory days of penny strategy guides I never got to pick up the Arkham Asylum guide because none of my stores had them. When I started searching for cheap deals for them online I came across these two sought after variants. It may have taken me awhile but I finally found both for a decent price. MUA: GE was from Gamestop. It was marked at $40 but I used a bunch of stuff for trade in that wasn't selling on ebay and ended up only paying $6 for it. I can't remember the last time I traded stuff into Gamestop for a game but this one was worth it.

Mario And Sonic At The Olympic Game(Wii)
    Boy Meets World Season 4 dvd
    Dark Chronicle(PS2)
    Resident Evil 4(PS2)
    Shadow Hearts: From The New World(PS2)
    Xenosaga Episode II(PS2)
    Gensosuikoden IV(PS2)
    Shadow Hearts II(PS2)
    Persona 4(PS2)
    Final Fantasy XII(PS2)
    Dance Dance Revolution: Party Collection(PS2)
    N64 Bag (not pictured)

If I had been an rpg fan I probably would have enjoyed picking up this lot more. I was just doing my normal searching thru Goodwill and after picking up Mario and Sonic I spotted Xenosaga Episode II. It was mixed in with the dvds but the Japanese kanji were a dead give away that it was an import title. While doing alittle more searching I then spotted Dark Chronicles, and then Gensosuikoden IV. It was like a scavenger hunt because all 9 of these import titles were located in 9 different spots scattered thru out the video game and dvd sections. The last two I found were Resident Evil 4 and DDR: Party Collection. After finding RE4 I gave out a sigh of relief that I finally found an import I actually wanted to keep. DDR: Party Collection was the only game that was missing it's disc and when I pointed this out to the cashier she threw it in the trash can next to her. I then asked her if I could keep it and she grabbed it out the trash and let me have it. That happens to me alot at Goodwill.

After finding all of these games I figured that somewhere on the premises was either a Japanese PS2 or a modded US one that was used to play these game. I didn't find either so it could have been that someone had already bought it or that it just didn't end up at Goodwill. Doesn't really matter since I already have a Japanese PS2 slim which I will be using to play Resident Evil 4 on, unless I decide to play my 360 version instead. Anyway, all of the PS2 games, Wii game and dvd were $4 each. The N64 bag was also $4. Goodwill still turns up interesting finds these days.
    Last edited by The 1 2 P; 12-05-2014 at 12:48 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Got this for free:

Area 51 (Midway Classics)
    Colony Wars
    Cool Boarders 4 (Platinum)
    Disney's Lilo & Stitch: Hula Baluba!
    FIFA 99
    Formula One 2001
    Formula One 2001 (Platinum)
    Formula One 98
    Formula One 99
    Formula One Arcade
    G-Police
    G-Police: Weapons of Justice
    International Superstar Soccer Pro
    International Track and Field
    Knockout Kings 2000
    Largo Winch: .//Commando Sar
    LiberoGrande
    LMA Manager 2002
    Planet of the Apes
    Premier Manager 98
    Premier Manager 99
    Scooter Racing
    Sven-Göran Eriksson's World Challenge
    Sven-Göran Eriksson's World Manager
    The F.A. Premier LEague Football Manager 2000
    This is Football
    Ubik

A total of 201 copies.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Yard Sales 8-23&24-13

Crash Bandicoot (Complete) & Kirby's Return to Dream Land (Sealed) - 8
    DS Lite With Bad Top Screen & 3 Dreck Games - 2
    Last 4 Games (Forgot To Picture The 4th One In Duke Nukem: Zero Hour For The 64) - 1.25

The first two games were at a sale that advertised "video games" with your typical $5 price. Crash was the only PS1 game and I asked if even that was 5 to which the lady offered to do 3 on it. DS Lite was asking price and the last 4 games were at a sale with 2 GameCube sports games out, when I asked about games the kid brought out a few more GC games and the lone N64 game. When I asked how much he offered to do .50 per a GC and a quarter for the N64 game to which I offered a buck then when I decided to grab Star Wars also he said .25 more would work. Worms Blast was the only complete game out of the 3 GC games.

2 Complete PS2 Games - 2
    3 PS1 Games - 3
    Atari & C64 Plug & Plays - 1.50

The PS2 games were asking a buck each. The PS1 games the guy said he wanted 2 or 3 each. I offered 3 for the two I got and got the FFVII demo added in for free. The Plug & Plays were asking price at .50 for the Atari one and 1 for the C64 one.

RACES MINI MOTORCYCLES Videogamerdaryll's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    TSMMR 47
    PSN
    Player 47

Today..

No local flea market..

So my wife decides we’d go Garage Sale hunting.
    Printed out list from CL,newspaper

We drove all over the place,it was fun..We must of hit 25-30 garage sales as we kept running into others not on the list.

I kinda know why I didn’t do this,..It’s junk..

Games..
    My wife bought the guitar from a lil kid at a garage sale,then they game my son free toys..
    Then my wife bought the PS2 games for $1.00 Each..The kid was Soooooo Happy.,.

Last Sale:
    Purple stand $2.00 (I used these for racing,makes a good motorcycle stand)

Another Sale..Playstation famicom Clone ..Looks like mini xbox with PS looking controllers...$10.00..The lady is telling me it plays PS2 games...NO!!!PASS

Push car $3.00

Free Toys..Trucks for my Son..

First sale we picked up this kitchen set $2.00

I also picked up a Kids DRUM set ..Free

Objection! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Had some interesting pickups over the last few days.

Evansville pickups:

3 manga artbooks (artists: Adumi Tohru, Taishi Zaou, Mikiyo Tsuda - upon further review, they appear to be bishounen/BL manga artists. not really my thing, but hey, cheap artbooks. 1 or 2 of them may end up as Christmas presents.)
    Short Cuts manga volumes 1 & 2 (probably going to find this a new home too.)
    $26 for all

Owensboro pickups:

Final Fantasy Anthology & Zelda Minish Cap guides
    Dark Cloud 2 PS2 (CIB, has some small surface scratches on disc)
    NIB 3rd party SNES controller
    Tetris 2 SNES (cart-only)
    Mario Paint SNES (CIB, Player's Choice)
    $56 for all

Went all over the area looking for Link to the Past. Was not successful in that regard, and apparently, it's become a huge pain in the neck to find what used to be such a common game because sequel. Working on assembling a starter SNES collection for a work buddy, seeking recommendations on 2-player games. (Not really looking for RPGs because sellers are all out of their minds.)
    Serving the retrogaming community since March 2005

DP feedback: +47(!), no negatives
    can be found here: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66092

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Flea Market 8-25-13

2 Game Gear Games, Ms. Pac-Man Glass & GameCube Controller - 3
    2 Genesis Games & 1st Party 3 Button Controller - 2
    Super Mario World Toy (New) - .66
    3 PS1 Games & An Incomplete Universal Cleaning Kit - 1

GameCube controller was free other items were a buck each. The Super Mario World toy is a Wendy's toy (kid's meal IIRC) from 2002, it was a dollar but I offered 2 for 3 items that were a buck each. Anything else was asking price.