Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone excited about the Zelda Wind Waker JD Bundle? [Confirmed by Nintendo]

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Anyone excited about the Zelda Wind Waker JD Bundle? [Confirmed by Nintendo]

Update:
    I'm sure everyone has got a lot of information since I'm late to post this. Looks like "LoZ: The Wind Waker HD Limited Edition" will have a Zelda themed Wii U pad+Deluxe console and digital content only. Not bad, but I would rather have "real" items. It's releasing on Sept. 20, 2013. Those who want a physical copy will have to wait until Oct. 4th, 2013 There's also a Ganondorf Limited Edition as well releasing on Oct. 4th with a statue and a physical copy of the game. Nintendo even released a trailer for it:

Trailer Here:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tL7OiHU6Y48

You can read more here: https://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/de...oUexNyoO3Ewhdf
    -------

Original:
    I know I am. I'm not sure if this has been posted or not, but I did a quick search and found nothing. So as we know the Wii U is not doing so well and hasn't for many months now. I have yet to purchase a Wii U console. After hearing, reading and seeing some proof about a Wind Waker HD bundle I;m be planning on getting one this year. I'm also waiting on LoZ: A Link Between Worlds as well.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget....dconsole-1.jpg
    http://images.nintendolife.com/news/...1/original.jpg

The video has been removed several time on youtube. It has been uploaded to Dailymotion and it shows the bundle:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x13kj2c_videogames

Thoughts anyone?
    Last edited by Fierce Deity; 08-29-2013 at 10:00 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Deity View Post
    I know I am. I'm not sure if this has been posted or not, but I did a quick search and found nothing. So as we know the Wii U is not doing so well and hasn't for many months now. I have yet to purchase a Wii U console. After hearing, reading and seeing some proof about a Wind Waker HD bundle I;m be planning on getting one this year. I'm also waiting on LoZ: A Link Between Worlds as well.

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget....dconsole-1.jpg
    http://images.nintendolife.com/news/...1/original.jpg

The video has been removed several time on youtube. It has been uploaded to Dailymotion and it shows the bundle:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x13kj2c_videogames

Thoughts anyone?
    Not very impressed with the fact that the only thing that appears to have been modified on the console is the application of a Zelda themed sticker to the gamepad. I would love an actual Zelda themed WiiU in a unique color.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm sure I'll end up getting the game years before I ever pick up a Wii U.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I like it, but not impressed enough to buy it. Still would prefer a price drop on a standalone bundle for me to take the plunge.
    WTB Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut Manual Only... PM ME!!

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

No, because ever if there was a game that got me to purchase a console, it wouldn't be a port.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It's a good bundle, just the same price replacing NintendoLand which while a nice tech demo for the system isn't having the wow effect Wii Sports ever did. To those waiting on a price drop, hope you don't mind waiting a good stretch for it as they're not making money at $300/350 either and they'll not lower it unless all those games planned through Spring 2014 do nothing for them going into later through 2014. Sure the system is a bit more than what PS3/360 does if you code for it's specifically odd designs, and the gap isn't wii-ps3 like, but it's not on the tier of the other guys again, yet that tablet pad and what is there really does add up. The system is fun and solid but it lacks games, that's the issue. Nintendo nerfed it not having more ready and third parties are being complete bitches throwing the WiiU under the bus demanding there be a user base BEFORE making games which is a line of bullshit I'm sure no one has ever expected including Nintendo since that's never happened before.

The Zelda bundle is solid and they've added more places, speedy sailing, a full HD coat of paint, quicker triforce recovery, and some other goodies to this game so it is worth having. Also of note it's a $50 game (not $60) so to bundle that in, in a backhanded sneaky way Nintendo is giving themselves $10 back swapping out Nintendoland a $60 game.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Also of note it's a $50 game (not $60) so to bundle that in, in a backhanded sneaky way Nintendo is giving themselves $10 back swapping out Nintendoland a $60 game.
    It's $60. The two days it was priced at $50 was a mistake by Amazon, so if you were interested in it and preordered it during that time, you lucked out and you're only getting ripped off a little bit.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To those waiting on a price drop, hope you don't mind waiting a good stretch for it as they're not making money at $300/350 either and they'll not lower it unless all those games planned through Spring 2014 do nothing for them going into later through 2014.
    My what a difference 24 hours makes. This $50 Price Drop is long overdue, and I'll still probably put it off for a good bit.
    WTB Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut Manual Only... PM ME!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    No, because ever if there was a game that got me to purchase a console, it wouldn't be a port.
    Where's the Like button?

I enjoyed Wind Waker a lot, but I still have it.

I'll also echo the uninspired lack of customization with the console. A sticker on a gamepad that, if you actually play it enough, might be worn down and look like crap anyway.

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

The bundle includes a download code for Wind Waker HD (instead of a physical disc) and a digital copy of Hyrule Historia (love that book, but it's just not the same to look on a TV screen or even the GamePad, as opposed to perusing the details on the page).

BTW, the retail disc version of Wind Waker HD will be available as a regular edition, as well as a limited edition with a Ganondorf figure for $55, so only $5 more than the regular edition (gee, wonder which one people will pick up?), exclusively at Gamestop/EBGames.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jaye View Post
    The bundle includes a download code for Wind Waker HD (instead of a physical disc) and a digital copy of Hyrule Historia (love that book, but it's just not the same to look on a TV screen or even the GamePad, as opposed to perusing the details on the page).

BTW, the retail disc version of Wind Waker HD will be available as a regular edition, as well as a limited edition with a Ganondorf figure for $55, so only $5 more than the regular edition (gee, wonder which one people will pick up?), exclusively at Gamestop/EBGames.
    It's actually $60. Gamestop went ahead and jacked up the price both for on-line and store preorders for their exclusive "collector's edition".

Yo Joe! Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    ladyjaye75
    PSN
    ladyjaye75

Well, the announced MSRP for Canada according to the Nintendo of Canada's press release is $54.99. Which doesn't mean that we won't see a similar price hike here too. Wait and see (EBGames Canada takes several days to update its systems).

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Jaye View Post
    Well, the announced MSRP for Canada according to the Nintendo of Canada's press release is $54.99. Which doesn't mean that we won't see a similar price hike here too. Wait and see (EBGames Canada takes several days to update its systems).
    That was the MSRP on the Nintendo of America release as well. Apparently it was an error and the bundle is $60 unfortunately.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To those waiting on a price drop, hope you don't mind waiting a good stretch for it as they're not making money at $300/350 either and they'll not lower it unless all those games planned through Spring 2014 do nothing for them going into later through 2014.
    I really don't find 24 hours a long time to wait for a price drop announcement. Much like the Vita price drop this one was also over due. Now we'll have to see how each system fares at the lower price points.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

You were saying? I'm actually surprised by this. I really thought they would have waited to see if the new released games would have surged sales some before dropping the price.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/08/...drop-confirmed
    Last edited by fluid_matrix; 08-29-2013 at 03:18 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Ace_McCannon

Here's my dilemma. I loved Wind Waker and it's one of my personal favorite games in the Zelda series, but I'm having trouble being okay spending $50+ for a game I already own and have beat. On the other hand, I'm sure I'd enjoy playing it again with better graphics and let's face it, it'd be nice to have another good Wii U game to play.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

My plans to purchase a PS3 are continually upset and this looks like another thing that will prevent me from attaining one anytime soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	7034  
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    gutpocket

Quote Originally Posted by Bojay1997 View Post
    Not very impressed with the fact that the only thing that appears to have been modified on the console is the application of a Zelda themed sticker to the gamepad. I would love an actual Zelda themed WiiU in a unique color.
    Quote Originally Posted by sfchakan View Post
    Where's the Like button?

I enjoyed Wind Waker a lot, but I still have it.

I'll also echo the uninspired lack of customization with the console. A sticker on a gamepad that, if you actually play it enough, might be worn down and look like crap anyway.

I doubt it is actually a "Sticker" I have the Zelda 3DS system and the design is high quality and is printed on followed by a protective clear coat over all the paint.

I have played it hundreds of hours with no wear.

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    geneshifter

Quote Originally Posted by xfrumx View Post
    I doubt it is actually a "Sticker" I have the Zelda 3DS system and the design is high quality and is printed on followed by a protective clear coat over all the paint.

I have played it hundreds of hours with no wear.
    Yep, same here except for one thing. Mine has 2 indentions on the bottom plate where the spring loaded connectors pop up from the charger base. Sucks but oh well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Was excited til I found out it was Digital. Will buy both the system and game hopefully by years end, probably will wait on BF sales/bundles.
    Bury me with my money......*dies*