Thread: Can you tell what people in your community liked the most in thrifts/stores?

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default Can you tell what people in your community liked the most in thrifts/stores?

You know, like can you tell overwhelmingly that you're in a Nintendo town, a Sega town, a PC town, an Atari town or what? At least recently in my town, I can tell that people didn't really try a wide variety of games. I've also never seen a TG-16 in the wild, and have seen far more Gameboys than Game Gears. Not many Ataris either.

Any weird things that you keep seeing come up in your communities related to classic games?

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Ive seen many GameGears, gameboy colors, Sega Cds, N64s, Gamecubes, and Many, Many Sega Genesis, PS1 & PS2 & Atari 2600 consoles. I used to find alot of NES and SNES consoles but not anymore, they must sell pretty fast. One thing all of the thrift shops around me have an abundance of are Guitar Hero controllers. Ive seen soo many large plastic tubs just filled with plastic guitars. I guess nobody wants them anymore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My town is full of resellers so I see nothing

Cherry (Level 1) 8-Bit Archeology's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Steampunk360

Tg16 is rare in the wild or not. And i have to wait at the door anf stay untill they restock stuff to get anything. Nothing but ebayers here. They will fight for anything. The only thing i see if i show up later is sports games or kids games. My luck is at the farmers market. And its surely a nes and snes area. Sega, atari, and any non mega mainstream stuff is unheard of. Even in our current gaming community. I brought my 3DO to a retro night and only 3 out of 40 some people didnt say hey that looks like a dvd player, what is it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lots of PSX, Madden (you name the year), NHL, Guitar Hero, and PS2.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Vvgoob47vV
    Steam
    goob47

Sometimes I think everyone in my town hadn't heard of any other game system than the PS2. Then they were like, "Oh cool, Madden! Lets buy 20 copies!"

Wonderful, right? I swear I see 10 copies of Madden 05 for the PS2 every time I go into my local Goodwill... and they're always different. WHO THE HELL BUYS THESE GAMES?!

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Just based on what I see most often, it seems most people in the community liked crap. I mostly see gaming stuff at Value Village and this store gets merchandise shipped to them, most of it isn't locally donated. The Salvation Army just sells what's brought to them and game stuff is usually rare, every so often I find NES, PC, or Gameboy games but it's a pretty rare occurrence.

I've found just about everything in the wild though at some point, including Turbografx, Wonderswan, Virtual Boy, and even Vectrex if you count craigslist. My area isn't really that bad, it's just harder to find things now than a few years ago. It was so great just about all the time back then so I tend to complain about what it's like now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I see so many Sports games! Ugh, the funny thing is I enjoy Sonys MLB the show series and I like Basketball and hockey. I cant justify dropping 60 on a game. Especially when you see the plethora of crap in every Value Village or used game store. Theres also Guitar Heros and the crappy Poker games. I believe resellers find anything quickly if there is ever anything

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Certain a lot of people loaded their NES with Bases Loaded. :P