Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Launch of PS4 and Xbox One are getting closer... are you getting one?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Launch of PS4 and Xbox One are getting closer... are you getting one?

So, the days are creeping along, and it's only about 66 days till the PS4 is available. Anybody else starting to get a bit hyped about these things ? I love the smell of launch day plastic...

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'm getting both and I'm excited about the fact that they are launching within a week of each other. It's totally irrational given that other than Halo on the Xbox and Luigi's Mansion on the Gamecube, I've never really spent more than a few hours playing launch games and my launch day consoles always sit mostly unused for about the first 6-8 months, but I guess I'm just an early adopter at my core.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I've probably said this before in other topics, but I'll probably get a PS4 the same way I got the PS3. That is, wait a year or three till I can get one off Cregslist or similar for $150 used. I'm not really wow'd with either system, hell, I only got the PS3 games because I had burnt through all the PS2 games I was willing to pay for. Plus, we're planning on getting a gaming quality PC, so lots of WoW and dirt cheap Steam games.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nebagram
    PSN
    Nebagram

I've got my PS4 pre-ordered and had it pre-ordered for a while now, along with Infamous and Watch Dogs. I'm not bothering with the Xbox One on launch, I was planning on doing what I did with the PS3- namely watch stock stay unsold on the shelf and pick one up off of ebay for £75 less than the RRP a week after launch- but from what I hear about pre-order levels (despite the extortionate RRP) this may not be an option. No biggie- I can wait a few months for an Xbone. There are only two exclusives that really look interesting anyway- Forza (as I'm a motor racing nut) and Titanfall, the latter of which I'm told is heading to the PC anyway and may later hit PS4.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

when the price comes down quite a bit I will get a PS4. probably get a vita tv if they make it to the U.S. I'M done with m$ though 360 left a bad taste in my mouth

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    DiEsmitty
    PSN
    DiEsmitty

I have the PS4 Killzone bundle on preorder with Amazon, and I preordered BattleField 4 as well. Titan fall is about the only game that makes me want to by an XBOX One. GTA V and Killzone Mercenary will hold me over until mine arrives in the mail.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Not until 2014 when Infamous Second Son comes out. I'm interested in Watch Dogs, but aside from that, nothing else at launch. Meanwhile there are plenty of games I haven't played or completed on current gen systems, plus plenty of current gen and handheld games I'm interested in that are coming out this year. Who knows how long Grand Theft Auto 5 is going to keep me occupied along with all the other games coming out.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Not until 2014 when Infamous Second Son comes out.
    Yeah, it's a damn shame that game isn't going to make launch. It would have added so much more respectability to that launch lineup. Why couldn't Killzone be the game that was delayed (there are already plenty of shooters, BF4 COD Ghosts, etc).

I've got both systems preordered, and I will freely admit that the launch lineups for both systems are pretty weak if you really think about it. My strategy, is to get both systems, and just try out the various free games and demos and such. Maybe rent a couple of games here and there. I might end up buying one or two games for each of them, but that's about it. I'll be waiting for the next wave of software like Second Son, and to a lesser degree Titanfall (I'm not really an online multiplayer guy)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    PreZZ
    PSN
    PreZZ

Got my ps4 preoder paid in full. I bought the 360 on launch day and was my favorite console until 2009. I feel like first party games were lacking and Kinect took too much game development time and shelf space. The only good MS franchises are GOW, Halo and Forza, and they released too much of them this gen (4 forza games, 4 gow, 5 halos) I got bored of them after Halo ODST and gow2. Sony had a slow ps3 start, but since 2009 I've been playing ps3 exclusively, I have never played my 360 since then, Sony has a lot more exclusives and I save 50$ a year of xbox live. And with all the crap MS tried to shove down our throats with DRM and whatnot, the xbox one might be the first console I dont buy in 20 years on launch day. And Im still not sure I will even buy it eventually... maybe if they do Crackdown 3 and get Dave Jones to make it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    RicknSam
    PSN
    howie6925

I'll be picking up a ps4 at launch and maybe drive club as an exclusive. I also have cod:ghosts and bf4 preordered as well. I'm getting excited for the launch. It will be my first launch system so I hope we have no issues.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not at launch, probably in 2015.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Oy hell no...I JUST got a PS3.

I just could not be arsed to get into the systems this gen. I picked up the Wii when they announced the red anniversary one and then a 2nd one before they did away with the BC for GC. I still plan on getting a XB360 at some point, maybe during the holidays when they have a stupid sale on them or something.

As for the XBONE and PS4...my attitude of MEH continues and I imagine it'll be several years before I take the Nestea Plunge on either.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

PS4,probably not until next year for me.It's early release haven't grabbed my attention yet.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Maybe next year, not much in the launch lineup that really catches my eye. Big fan of the DeadRising series but not enough to cough up $500 + $60 to play it on day one.
    WTB Clayfighter Sculptor's Cut Manual Only... PM ME!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

nope but i may get a ps3 in the next few months if i find a model i like at a good price

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

double post sorry
    Last edited by Atarileaf; 09-13-2013 at 05:40 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I'll use the money for a second EVGA GTX 670 FTW! and sli it with my current card.

I had bought the PS3 about 6 months after its release and didn't have much to play after the 1st month. I'll wait a year for the library to get somewhat better, before I purchase a PS4. Until then, it's PC, PS3 and 360.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Not picking up an XBox One anytime in the first three years or so. Not until I'm sure they don't flip the switch on the 'no borrowed/used games' code or 'Kinect will watch to make sure you aren't having too many people in the room watching a movie' nonsense that they're allegedly removing. They backpedaled so hard it was comical but I don't believe the idea has left them. So we'll see.

PS4 is much more likely, much earlier. But I'm not going to be buying anything at launch either way until I see some killer software I want. I bought a Gamecube at launch (and won an XBox from Taco Bell at the same time), but that was the last time I was launch-ready for a console. In the meantime I have a ton of retro stuff to acquire and play through.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zthun
    PSN
    Zthun
    Steam
    Zthun

I'll probably wait 5 years until the end of the life-cycle. That way, I can get all kinds of new games for around $20 and so, and I can get the latest models of the systems. I've got so many games on my backlog that will never get played if I get a new system, that it personally wouldn't be worth it for me.

Key (Level 9)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm always 1 gen behind, so I'll be in the market for a PS3 soon. Already got 20 games for it! With no way to play them yet, haha.
    "If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made."