Thread: Help with copying game-save data (XBOX 360)

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Help with copying game-save data (XBOX 360)

So, I have two XBOX 360s (one on each floor).

I'd like to be able to use the save points from the games that I've been playing on the downstairs 360 on the upstairs 360. Both are slim-line 4GB units with USB sticks attached.

Does anyone know a simple solution to this? I tried one method of copying save data over from one machine to the other, but it didn't actually work.

Note: I have no intention of putting the upstairs machine on XB Live. Furthermore, all saves are from stand-alone (non-networked) gaming sessions.

Thanks!

16-bits, yo Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neb6 View Post
    So, I have two XBOX 360s (one on each floor).

I'd like to be able to use the save points from the games that I've been playing on the downstairs 360 on the upstairs 360. Both are slim-line 4GB units with USB sticks attached.

Does anyone know a simple solution to this? I tried one method of copying save data over from one machine to the other, but it didn't actually work.

Note: I have no intention of putting the upstairs machine on XB Live. Furthermore, all saves are from stand-alone (non-networked) gaming sessions.

Thanks!
    If you had a 360 hard drive you could just take that from system to system. Easy on a old style 360, maybe a little harder on slims. But with the internal flash memory ones, can't really move that directly.

What should work is to move your saves, as well as whichever account(s) those saves are owned by, to your usb drive, then take that usb drive to whichever 360 you want to play on. Keep your saves on usb (don't move them onto the other system) and make your new saves on usb from now on. Just don't lose the drive.

Some potential issues. Saves might not work on your 2nd system if you saved in a game after installing a game update, unless you get that update on your 2nd system. And DLC you got on the 1st system probably won't work since you aren't taking the 2nd machine online.

Cherry (Level 1) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BlastProcessing402 View Post
    If you had a 360 hard drive you could just take that from system to system. Easy on a old style 360, maybe a little harder on slims. But with the internal flash memory ones, can't really move that directly.

What should work is to move your saves, as well as whichever account(s) those saves are owned by, to your usb drive, then take that usb drive to whichever 360 you want to play on. Keep your saves on usb (don't move them onto the other system) and make your new saves on usb from now on. Just don't lose the drive.

Some potential issues. Saves might not work on your 2nd system if you saved in a game after installing a game update, unless you get that update on your 2nd system. And DLC you got on the 1st system probably won't work since you aren't taking the 2nd machine online.
    I was hoping it would be that easy. Unfortunately, the saved games are keyed to the profile and the profile is keyed to the system (likely similar or same as a MAC address). The actual name of the profile is a unique string of numbers. So, if you were to make another profile of the same name, it would have a unique ID. It looks like a utility is required to make this work, but I've yet to find one that actually does this.