Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the Prima guide.

0 0%
  • Yes, the Nintendo guide.

0 0%
  • Yes, both of them.

0 0%
  • Who needs a guide when I've got you guys?

3 100.00%

Thread: The Strategy guide, to buy or not to buy..

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default The Strategy guide, to buy or not to buy..

Are you going to buy a guide? Which one?
    If you already have one/both what do you like about it?

If most people don't get the guide then we can fill in stuff in Animal Crossers, but if everyone is getting the guides I don't want to be redundant.

I bought both Prima's and Nintendo's. I like Prima's for the fish/insect charts but Nintendo's is better for all of the pics.
    <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/Lexicon810.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">Lexicon810</iframe>

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What would Mr. Reseti think if he knew you had a guide. Theres no guide to life so there should be no guide to animal crossing.
    Just my opion.

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default hah!

to me, guides are a bit down the scale from gamesharking. it just shows how gullible some people are, especially in a game that demands the player to explore, discover, and creat on his/her own terms. ac is the ONLY game that pulled me away from morrowind (another time destroyer, lol), and i'm now hooked on ac less than two hours into the game!...=^P

Apple (Level 5)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well, now I kind of feel dorky for buying the guides.. but I'm not sorry I did it I won't stoop to gamesharking, but knowing what my goals are helps me enjoy a game more. Seeing what furniture is available and making a want list is much easier with visuals. Besides, if I missed my once chance a year to get a piece of Jingle furniture I would be upset.
    I'm over halfway done on my fish list, but I will have to wait until Spring to catch some of them. That's another thing I'm glad to know
    <iframe src="http://gamercard.xbox.com/Lexicon810.card" scrolling="no" frameBorder="0" height="140" width="204">Lexicon810</iframe>

Pear (Level 6)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default whoops!

don't take it personally- i was referring to the people who won't even walk out of a store with a guide for ANY game. we had people begging us to get state of emergency guides, and we didn't until the price dropped to a dollar. i can kinda see the need for a sort of guideline for the game as far as etiquette, rare items and other matters- just like in morrowind- that game requires a load of reading in-game as it is, lol! i leafed through that guide and actually considered it for a bit- the game is so open that it's a bit overwhelming, and you really can't ask for hints as everyone is playing differently. ac's trade/visit feature is a great concept other games should use, i say!!!...=^P

Great Puma (Level 12) Sylentwulf's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Honestly, the only guides I ever have or ever will buy are RPG games I plan on playing more than once. I play through once and either get as far as I can then start over, or beat it then start over. Gamesharks aren't bad if you get sick of a game and want to play around afterwards, but I only had one for about a week before it went back on ebay.

I say, "Nay" on the strategy guide. Buy it in a month or 2 when you start getting bored
    Rend, slaughter, devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, Warriors of Purgatory

DP Users get 8% off at www.ElectricQuarter.com using coupon code Digipress5