Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

Default Pokemon X and Y 3DSXL consoles

So, there wasn't a ton of hype about these, but I thought I would have seen more interest from the collector community regarding these "limited" console releases last Friday. The collector in me was tempted to pick up a Red Pokemon X/Y and Blue Pokemon X/Y console for the collection, but I actually forgot about them releasing this weekend. Yesterday I saw a couple of the blue 3DS's at Target, but no red ones. When I contacted my local Best Buys I got the same thing - they have a blue one, but are out of the red. Hmmm. I wonder if this is a quantity thing or just a "red is cooler" thing? I do hate that Nintendo never publishes its' limited edition production numbers, but at the same time some of these console releases actually become collectible and I'd hate to have to buy one later for $300+ (like the yellow Pikachu 3DSXL).

And to clarify, it's not like there were a ton of Blue consoles available at these Target/Best Buys - most had zero or one at the most. I finally did spring for a blue one, but not sure if I'm keeping it for my collection or giving it to my son for his birthday. Did anyone else grab one of these or notice if one color is becoming harder to find?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    cloneholt
    PSN
    cloneholt

My son got the Red one for his birthday and the high gloss finish and bright graphics make this a sweet looking system! So much better than the fingerprint-inducing satin finish of previous 3DS XL's.

Banana (Level 7)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I got the red one also, it is pretty nice. they have started to dry up a little here on my side of the metroplex. there were a few that first weekend, but my best buy is out, my 3 gamestops are out now also.

not sure if they are getting replenished or not?

now can't wait for the Zelda one, that looks slick