Thread: Mail Plane-Vectrex

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Mail Plane-Vectrex

Hello,
    Some years ago i bought in a garage sale a Vectrex cartridge with handmade sticker “Mail Plane” and a lightpen...played with it....years passed....almost forget it but i saw recently that the cartridge seems quite rare and had never been commercialized.
    I would like to sell it...but i don't know how much it could worth...
    This is a videolink showing the game...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8oeR...ature=youtu.be

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Even the binary for this game is uncirculated. The binary is available to download but is unplayable.

One thing that I've noticed about your video is it's the only one that I've seen that has MB 1983 instead of GCE 1983. looks fully playable and includes the lightning that I've heard about.

In my opinion, it's the single largest tragedy of the Vectrex community that this game isn't available for people to play. There has not been a homebrew light pen game, and only 3 original games, so not only is an unreleased original prototype but its a missing light pen game.

You buy a car, you do what's right for the car. Some cars cry restore, some cars say make it original, others you will never hurt by modifying. This game cries make it so people everywhere can play me. I'm all for owners maintaining the value of their games but I also respect what is right. Value would probably drop some if it was released freely for download, that's why I feel like it'd be better to either sell repro carts or sell the rights to someone to produce the carts. But its meant to be played by everyone.

You should have no problem selling it and will likely make good money. Very nice piece.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for your response, 50TBRD

I put the cartridge on ebay...

http://www.befr.ebay.be/itm/Mail-Pla...ab8b0e4&_uhb=1

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good luck. Another Mail Plane prototype ended last week and brought respectable money.

I did find out that the Vectrex displays MB or GCE depending on what system is used and not on what system the cartridge is meant to play on.