Thread: Call of Duty Ghosts runs at 720p on Xbone

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Call of Duty Ghosts runs at 720p on Xbone

Topic says it all.

Infinity Ward executive producer Mark Rubin revealed via Twitter that the PS4 version of "Ghosts" would indeed run at a higher resolution than the Xbox One version. The reason: The Xbox One can't keep up.

>>

Hey, been on the road last couple weeks so haven't had a chance to update, but wanted to confirm that for Xbox One we're 1080p upscaled from 720p. And, we're native 1080p on PS4. We optimized each console to hit 60 FPS [frames per second] and the game looks great on both. Still on the road, but glad to see the great reception to Extinction. Can’t wait for next week's launch.

>>>

16-bits, yo Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Sounds like they're getting Xboned in the power department.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Yeah my friend is seriously thinking of going PC next gen, even if PS4 outdoes Xbox One at some things. He'll probably try the consoles if his roommate friends get them and just play theirs.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Only 720p? What's the point of new HD hardware if you're not pumping 1080p all the time?

And if the PS4 is impressing at 720p, what the heck is the Xbone running at?

Edit, oh wai, I misread the title. It says it is 1080p on PS3, and 720p upscaled on Xbone. Got it.
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by The Adventurer View Post
    Only 720p? What's the point of new HD hardware if you're not pumping 1080p all the time?

And if the PS4 is impressing at 720p, what the heck is the Xbone running at?

Edit, oh wai, I misread the title. It says it is 1080p on PS3, and 720p upscaled on Xbone. Got it.
    While this is undoubtedly a concern for the Xbox One, it's hard for most people to tell the difference between 720P and 1080P at anything more than 6-7 feet from the typical 46 inch HDTV, especially with upscaling as the Xbox One will do on this particular game. I'm personally buying all of my multiplatform next gen games on PS4, but I'm not that worried about the Xbox One resolution issue, at least not until developers start explaining what the issue is (i.e. is it just lack of familiarity with the platform or is there really a massive graphics processing power difference between the two).
    Last edited by Bojay1997; 10-31-2013 at 06:42 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I think both of these new consoles are pretty underpowered when you consider how long this last cycle has dragged on. The Xbox 360 is going on 8 years old when the Xbone launches, you'd think the power improvement would be ridiculous based on just how many years have passed. Sadly, both consoles are using mobile cpu's to avoid red ring of death fiascos, but that choice does have some ramifications for the relative power of these things.

It's easy to say just go to the PC, but the PC is a whole nuther bag of worms, in terms of constantly having to upgrade the damn things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just built myself a new PC, playing some games I've previously been force to play a lower graphical setting at their graphical max is a thing to behold.
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

Pac-Man (Level 10) Rickstilwell1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    TheGameCollector

Quote Originally Posted by WCP View Post
    I think both of these new consoles are pretty underpowered when you consider how long this last cycle has dragged on. The Xbox 360 is going on 8 years old when the Xbone launches, you'd think the power improvement would be ridiculous based on just how many years have passed. Sadly, both consoles are using mobile cpu's to avoid red ring of death fiascos, but that choice does have some ramifications for the relative power of these things.

It's easy to say just go to the PC, but the PC is a whole nuther bag of worms, in terms of constantly having to upgrade the damn things.
    I think we've gotten to the point where game art can only get so good on the budgets they use for game development. It's either pay extreme money amounts for Pixar's hand in art or develop new technology for using real life photographed textures in games.
    [quote name='Shidou Mariya' date='Nov 17 2010, 10:05 PM' post='4889940']
    I'm a collector, but only to a certain extent.
    Not as extreme as Rickstilwell though.[/quote]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think IW could do better on XBO but are rushing it to the market like the system itself. Wouldnt be as good as PS4 but better than what they settled on.
    Bury me with my money......*dies*