The Xbox One launch has come and gone, and here we stand with our feet at the edge of a new generation. More than one million people have picked up Microsoft's successor to the 360, and we're bound to see more and more number-crunching, more statistics, and more banner-waving from all sides now that both the PS4 and Xbox One are out in the wild.

I asked this as part of a joke in an article earlier today, but now I'm genuinely curious: since all of the major players (Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo) have released their newest systems, does that mean that we can stop referring to them as "next-gen" consoles? These new machines overlap support-wise with the previous generation - Sony and Microsoft moreso than Nintendo - but is that reason enough to continue calling the current toy a "next-gen" one? Tell me your thoughts on gaming's generations in the comments below; after you've checked out this week's selection of comics, of course.

Oh yeah, and Doctor Who turned 50 this weekend! Ooo WEEE OOOOOO ...

Penny Arcade (Exponential Decay)
Manly Guys Doing Manly Things (Jared has an honourary PhD in Pokemon Happiness)
Critical Miss (The Unboxing)
Awkward Zombie (Phoning It In)
Brawl in the Family (Sick of Thwomps)
The Gamercat (Mistaken Identity)Continue reading Weekly Webcomic Wrapup is opening an Xbox One
Weekly Webcomic Wrapup is opening an Xbox One originally appeared on Joystiq on Sat, 23 Nov 2013 23:30:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.

Permalink | Email this | Comments