Thread: Price check on Snatcher (SCD) in this condition...

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Default Price check on Snatcher (SCD) in this condition...

You guys may recall that I picked up Snatcher a while back. Well, I plan to sell it, but I inspected the game and it's not as mint as I'd hoped. The game's a former rental so it's not mint.

The disc has several moderate scratches. It'll need a good resurfacing - which I do not dare to do myself.
    Since the case is a former rental, it has security stickers, broken hinges, and tape remains over the back of the case, where the UPC is. (I can replace the disc tray with something else.)
    The manual has wear and tear along the edges of the cover AND it has notes written inside with a marker...

I'm not going to get as much money as I'd hoped outta this. So how much could I potentially ask for the game in this condition?
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 12-01-2013 at 01:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

How bad are the scratches? Did you test the game? Any stickers on the game, if the rental stickers are on the case I would replace it before selling. i wouldnt resurface it if it works fine.

As long as it works and it deosnt have rental stickers on the disc Id say about 60$ or so.
    Last edited by bb_hood; 12-01-2013 at 03:25 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I saw a disc only copy go for like over $100, so I'm guessing you will at least be in the $150-$200 range still.

Swap the case totally for replacement one that looks great and remove and stickers on the other parts that you feel comfortable doing so on. Unless there are lots of scratches I'd avoid resurfacing personally, but that's me. I wouldn't try and mess with removing writing in the manual though unless it's pencil.

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

It'll definitely sell for $150 as is. I'd say do what you can to improve the condition, but I wouldn't risk anything. If it were me, I'd keep it, but I collect Sega CD. Great find either way, you'll make some good profit from it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Quote Originally Posted by mailman187666 View Post
    It'll definitely sell for $150 as is. I'd say do what you can to improve the condition, but I wouldn't risk anything. If it were me, I'd keep it, but I collect Sega CD. Great find either way, you'll make some good profit from it.
    I'd rather sell it and use the money to pay for parts for my PC.

The problem is, I can sell it on eBay but the last thing I need is some idiot to buy it and then complain about its condition because you just know I'll get someone who wants his games to be minty fresh and doesn't read the damn auction.

Sigh.

I appreciate the advice. I'll think about it.
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    I'd rather sell it and use the money to pay for parts for my PC.

The problem is, I can sell it on eBay but the last thing I need is some idiot to buy it and then complain about its condition because you just know I'll get someone who wants his games to be minty fresh and doesn't read the damn auction.

Sigh.

I appreciate the advice. I'll think about it.
    I sell on Ebay here and there, and usually when I list things that aren't mint, I don't seem to have any problem. Some collectors (such as myself) wouldn't mind paying a little less for a less than mint copy of a game like Snatcher. You could always put "Read description, rental copy" or whatever in the title. Right away that would get the collectors who are anal about condition to look elsewhere. That way people who would like to save a few bucks, like myself, would be more interested in purchasing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Well, I tried playing the game on my Sega CD and it worked!

... unfortunately the backup memory is dead so I can't really continue a game later. Darn. I did pop the disc into my PC and used Nero Discspeed to test it, and it comes out as being 100% readable despite the scratches. So I'll probably list it later today with like 15 pictures so I don't get any unexpected "durr this game is scratched" BS.

Edit: I also swapped out the case with Criticom's. I bought that game like two years ago brand new so the case is brand spankin' mint. And I doubt that crappy game will care.
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 12-05-2013 at 12:40 PM.