Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No voice acting in Nintendo video games: What gives?

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

Just because Nintendo chose to do one thing with Pokemon doesn't mean they're going to do the same thing with all future games.

But Tanooki makes a good point, this topic is about voice acting in Nintendo games. The use of 3D on the 3DS has nothing to do with anything here, besides your own random Nintendo bashing, so I'm not going to humor your trolling in this topic any further.

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Not trolling the topic. The same reason Nintendo avoids voice acting in all of their games is the same reason that they cheap out on development costs everywhere else. So I think I'm very much on topic. If it was a die hard Nintendo fanboy saying such you guys wouldn't say anything, or maybe you would. There'd still be people saying him/her are trolling the topic because they don't agree with what they say. There are too many apologists in the video game community that back their favorite brand regardless what the flaws. Anyone who says anything different than the majority, the majority being fans, is trolling the company.

These same apologists have no problem being sheep and bashing EA because everyone else does. The company produces great games, yet any time they mess up and make a mistake, the entire video game community is there to bash them, but anytime their preferred company does wrong, they're there to drop down on their knees and suck some hypothetical dick.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 01-02-2014 at 03:19 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kupomogli View Post
    Not trolling the topic. The same reason Nintendo avoids voice acting in all of their games is the same reason that they cheap out on development costs everywhere else. So I think I'm very much on topic. If it was a die hard Nintendo fanboy saying such you guys wouldn't say anything, or maybe you would. There'd still be people saying him/her are trolling the topic because they don't agree with what they say. There are too many apologists in the video game community that back their favorite brand regardless what the flaws. Anyone who says anything different than the majority, the majority being fans, is trolling the company.

These same apologists have no problem being sheep and bashing EA because everyone else does. The company produces great games, yet any time they mess up and make a mistake, the entire video game community is there to bash them, but anytime their preferred company does wrong, they're there to drop down on their knees and suck some hypothetical dick.
    You keep throwing the words 'cheap' around like they are accepted truth , without offering anything except circumstantial evidence (limited voice acting, simple colorful graphics) to back the claim. Your really full of yourself. And your 'everyone else is a sheep' ravings are clear evidence of that.
    New Comics for the Week of 10-03-12

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

No what you are saying up there is pure 100% trolling and off topic. You're bundling a bunch of personal beliefs based on wild opinion and packaging and displaying it like irrefutable fact. Do you have any hard evidence of such practices other than the fact they admittedly will put out a less powerful system to keep it within budget and not sell at a loss? I have no idea if you're a die hard Nintendo fanboy or not, so my comment had zero bearing on it, but clearly I guess you're not saying that so consider me surprised. It's not being an apologist taking quotes from both Nintendo and their third parties over the years that delve into the design principles on games and hardware, it's on record. They clearly have a vision with various things that are popuar or hated by the public, and in your case it appears to be hated. They want a cheaper system. They want people to have some imagination and want to have games characters speak through actions and emotion in their games (like Zelda) instead of using a voice after other first party disastrous (sonic) results. These are known things, it's not guessing and sucking up to kiss Nintendo's ass. If they were so infallible I wouldn't own a PS3 to get a fix from that, they're just not perfect but I won't damn them based on stupid opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

hypothetical dick.

Lol this made me laugh

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I thought nintendo avoided voice acting because of this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HrJpGJJCzM

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    You're bundling a bunch of personal beliefs based on wild opinion and packaging and displaying it like irrefutable fact.
    The whole, you didn't state it was an opinion, so it means you're trying to force fact on everyone!!!!!!! Should I go through your posts and quote all your opinions that you didn't state as such and point out that everything you're stating is irrefutable fact? Get the dick out of your mouth and use some common sense. Just because I'm saying something bad against Nintendo, doesn't mean it's a fact. Most of what I say is an opinion, as is most of what everyone that makes any post on the internet.

The Fire Emblem statement is the only one where I pointed out an actual fact. I didn't state that it was a fact but this was the only comment I made pointing out that it was statement from Nintendo. So common sense would mean I'm speaking of it as such. Why do I have to show proof of what the developer said? Do your hands not work when it will slander Nintendo in any way? You can't Google "why are there no feet in Fire Emblem" to come up with hundreds of different sources quoting the developer that they just decided they wouldn't.

Searching for this in Google took me all of two seconds.

Kusakihara: (Laughs) Well, they're there...they're just...omitted a little bit. The idea was to add a unique sort of deformation to the characters. As for why it ended up like this... At the start of the project, we weren't entirely sure how many bones and joints we'd be able to use in each character model. As it is now, there's a joint at the knees, and then there's nothing below that for the ankles and the feet. This makes it a bit easier to apply animation to models as well. We found out afterward that, with the 3DS, we had more than enough CPU strength available to flesh out the models a bit, add real ankles and so on. We were like "Well, if there's a next time, maybe there'll be more ankles..." (laughs)
    Straight from the developer. They could have fixed it, they just didn't bother. No developer is going to come out and say they're cheap, so that's on the reader to decide.

Everything else was just pointing out the obvious. It's laggy in battles on Pokemon without 3D, yet they added 3D in battles but not everywhere else. Easy to come up with the assumption that they're just being cheap with the 3D when it's not everywhere else in the game.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 01-03-2014 at 02:15 PM.

16-bits, yo Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    Prolonged use of the 3D mode isn't good for the developing eyes of young children,
    This is actually most likely not the case. Though Nintendo is still gonna be in cover your ass mode and claim under 7 shouldn't use it, just to head off absurd lawsuits, same as all those damn warnings about epilepsy they used to make everyone sit through for a while.

Pac-Man (Level 10) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    PSN
    buzz_retro64

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I don't have any skin in this argument, but...

Why do I have to show proof of what the developer said? Do your hands not work when it will slander Nintendo in any way?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post
    I don't have any skin in this argument, but...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burden_of_proof
    Yeah, there's innocent until proven guilty, but I think in scenarios like this, it's not that the people don't know such and such has been said, it's someone making the statement that they want proof just to save face for their favored company or take a swing at someones credibility. Like someone isn't going to come back and post something that takes literally two seconds to find.

I think Nintendo has been proven many times over that they're not innocent. Don't worry Tanooki, you see how I put "I think" at the beginning of my post. It implies opinion. No need to cry like a bitch that I'm forcing my opinions on you as fact. You and Press_Start would be good friends.
    Last edited by kupomogli; 01-04-2014 at 12:44 AM.

Banned

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Because Nintendo.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Stop trolling, seriously. I know you don't think much don't say that. :P

As the guy said you're making up the stories, you got the burden of proof. I could give two shits if Nintendo is evil incarnate or the patron saint of whatever god you may worship. But pulling out wild unprovable garbage of being cheap as the reason they don't use voices despite old claims they've made before doesn't help your case. I know you're shoveling an opinion, but the way you're pushing it isn't productive. Do as you wish, this is really getting pointless when you and elitegamer just circle jerk each other in various threads to stir the pot as it's getting boring.

Anyone who paid any attention to the FE development on 3DS knows the foot story, what's your point? They thought they could only go so far, late in development they say they could have feet, but instead of delaying the game, it just went out. It's not like it's a game breaking bug or something that'll ruin the enjoyment of the title, it's pixel feet. No need to make it out like some 9/11 implosion conspiracy theory ah-ha moment.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Anyone who paid any attention to the FE development on 3DS knows the foot story, what's your point? They thought they could only go so far, late in development they say they could have feet, but instead of delaying the game, it just went out. It's not like it's a game breaking bug or something that'll ruin the enjoyment of the title, it's pixel feet. No need to make it out like some 9/11 implosion conspiracy theory ah-ha moment.
    No feet bothered enough people for the developer to make a statement about it.

See, and your post proves that's why it doesn't matter if I was to show proof or not, because as a typical fanboy, you just pull the wool over your eyes and brush the issue away like it's nothing. Sure the no feet thing isn't game breaking, so it's not a major issue, but I could bring up literally anything and it would be a non issue to you.

*edit*

Look what I found.

This goes to show that EA really is the king of rehash, do little new, and only upgrade the engine eventually when it's required to get away with it longer.
    Because Nintendo has released so many new ips, they certainly don't reuse the same gameplay engine over and over. I mean Super Mario 3D World is no where near similar to Super Mario 3D Land. Mario Kart 8, 7, Wii, DS, Double Dash, etc, are completely different games. Not even close to be similar. Super Mario Galaxy as well. Mario Party. The list goes on. EA however has released Mirror's Edge, Dante's Inferno, Army of Two, The Saboteur, Dragon Age, Mass Effect, and Dead Space. Just a few new ips that they have funded and published.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Quote Originally Posted by PreZZ View Post
    ...and Zelda is way too hard for a 6 year old kid.
    I just find this quote really amusing considering I beat Zelda (nes) when I was six years old.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

No douchebag, youre so caught up in throwing around the fanboy tag you are blind to the fact I really honestly dont give a shit if they have feet or if anything Nintendo puts out talks or not. Im not blind to what is or has been going on, I just reported what I saw, and other than that I dont give a fuck. I dont have any vested interest in Nintendo living or dying, I dont work for them, know anyone who does, and I dont own any stocks either. I really dont give a crap. Youre just so content in having anyone agree with you that when someone doesnt you get hot, shitty and defensive about it.

Your weak attempt at sarcasm digging up my dislike of EA to make a hollow point is laughable. Im not going to engage anymore of your bullshit in this thread any further as you seem to feed off it.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Because Nintendo probably thinks we don't want to hear about how Link can't wait to bomb some Dodongos.

(and they're probably right)