Page 57 of 76 FirstFirst ... 74753545556575859606167 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 1502

Thread: RetroN5: Hands on first look

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Not everyone there is that full of themselves or rude, there are some members there though they are waning that actually care more about the games than the dick measuring contests. I got over being the hard core collector a decade ago as I was forced to part most of it off and it just changed how I thought about it all and there are quite a few others there too that are that way who just like to talk games or just play them over running up the totals they're worth and for those they wanted or had already bought the thing like me.

Cherry (Level 1) Eternal Champion's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Geez, for the price this thing is going for, and the hassles you guys are dealing with, the novelty (to me, anyway) of playing my small NES/SNES/Gen/GBA library on a modern TV hardly seems worth it.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Champion View Post
    Geez, for the price this thing is going for, and the hassles you guys are dealing with, the novelty (to me, anyway) of playing my small NES/SNES/Gen/GBA library on a modern TV hardly seems worth it.
    It's not really as bad as all that. Most games boot and play without issues. We're just waiting on proper handling of save files (especially for GBA games). In the mean time, I play with the "copy save to retron5" function off for now, and it's not making me enjoy things any less.

Having said that, I have about 250-300 games compatible with the system, and it's replaced my SNES and Famicom as my main retro gaming machine. Not something I ever expected to say about a clone. Too bad I can't use my flash carts on it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Nusilver down to the wording beat me out on that comment. The GBA SRM/FeRAM saving is being repaired at the moment, and they seem to be pretty busy as they've been quiet online for a time now and I hear little worth mentioning the last couple weeks which is why I haven't done an update of any real value.

I put up my modded top loader and my dk super set snes(back in its box) and the sharp nes tv is still wired in because it is what it is and the n64 is plugged into it so it works right. A foolish mistake really to blow the thing off because the most is fails at anymore at this rate is some hit and miss stuff with some random game, the SRAM issue being fixed, and that all the bitchers and moaners will never be satisfied it won't use bootleg(piracy warez) consistently or run their flash carts(ever.)

Pretzel (Level 4)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Azathoth1488
    PSN
    Azathoth_IKA
    3DS Friend
    4313-0753-9074

Hooked the Ouya back up last night to do a quick comparison and it seems the SNES emulator on the RetroN5 runs a bit better than SNES9x on the Ouya. With no filters they looked virtually identical, with HQ2X enabled the Ouya chokes with slowdown and frameskipping while the RetroN5 seems to handle it (or any other filter) without any problems.

I'll have to leave the NES for the weird mappers and MD for the 32x/CD, but if they improved the cheat engine to support RAM codes and support your own code input I'd have no reason to leave my SNES hooked up.
    Last edited by Az; 07-28-2014 at 05:19 PM.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

so has anyone started seeing these in their local game stores yet? I guess that $140 price tag went right out the damn window because now I am seeing them in game stores for $160, thats if they didn't just immediately list them on ebay for $300 first

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I have in town here, with at least the one place I know that gets them where I got mine around the beginning of June. He asks the $140 price tag that is the MSRP on them. It doesn't surprise me scumbags will pull the price hike game because they know they can get away with it until stores are flush with them later down the line. $160 is devious too, because odds are if you can find one near MSRP online the shipping would make that $20 'convenience charge' reasonable.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nesmaster
    PSN
    Nesman

Piko got the units for us on Kickstarter, shouldn't be too much more of a wait.

Seen them at a flea reseller here. Asking $200 a month ago, $170 now. Not moving many at that inflated price I guess.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Problem is this early into the game those most aware of the system are those aware of its real sale price so slime like that who try and scrape extra off the top won't often see much for their efforts other than dust and lost shelf space. Whenever HK marketing can get their crap together in a series of large shipments brought to bare on the US and the ability to then find it at any retail joint in sufficient numbers that's when your unknowing walk in types will find it and buy it or not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

The F.Y.E. store here has the black model in stock for $139.99.

ServBot (Level 11)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Stone Age Gamer was selling them at the CCAG game show Saturday the 26th for regular retail. I got mine as an open box bargain for $100 from them. Works perfect.

Not sure if they have them on the website, but they had several at the show and I saw three of them sell within the first hour of the show.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

You know, good for SAG then. That gives me a little more confidence in them to know they're that kind of people when it comes to selling goods both used and new. I'll add them to my if they ever have something I really want to get I'll buy it from them list as that's doing things the right way.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

I am so angry at Hyperkin with these goddamn delays. I still don't have mine that I preordered last year. That June 6 "launch" was such a joke.
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I'm in the boondocks yet FYE has them and an independent game store not far away even has stock.

At this point, I wonder if it's more the retailer you ordered it from. I'd be cancelling and placing an order elsewhere if I were you. It's almost August at this point, they seem to have had multiple shipments, stores have moved from fulfilling preorders to actually having stock on hand now that they've fulfilled orders, etc.
    Last edited by Leo_A; 07-30-2014 at 07:53 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I've been wondering that about Amazon too because like me you got one from a no-name local one shop retailer with a small order license from them and he has got other shipments since and sold them through too. I wonder if there's something larger at hand with Amazon and their broker with Hyperkin or if there's a middle man between the two fouling things up. It just seems screwy you can get them from other notable national chains and local ma and pa stuff.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I am trying to update to 1.5

How long should this take once I put the SD card in the computer and
    attempt to download the file. It's been like 10 minutes.

Should it take this long?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

10 from the website seems long maybe theyre having a lot of downloads at that time.

Insert Coin (Level 0) RoryDropkick's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was surprised to find out my local game store actually got in extra controllers for the Retron 5 in black and grey variants. Not that I'd want another one, but it was interesting to see them in the wild finally.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That's the only report of that I've seen so far. I've seen repeat shipments of systems, just not the extras. Perhaps the delivery from China is finally being sorted out in mass.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Well actually I'd be almost surprised if it was 1.0 on there. The tech told me that whatever comes in they were supposedly going to intercept them and put the latest at the time firmware on the system before packaging it back up and shipping them out to their buyers(amazon, etc.) Maybe it will have 1.31 on it if you're lucky. Let us know it will confirm if the tech was given a line of crap or not.
    Mine was version 1.0.