Thread: Ebay Problems and Horror Stories

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Ebay Problems and Horror Stories

A while ago i started buying stuff from Ebay, and i noticed a very disgusting trend, ALL of the shipping to Mexico is brutally overpriced, it ranges from 22 USD to 30 USD, and that doesn't seem right, specially since this only happens with US sellers, i even heard an old rumor that Ebay blocks searches from worldwide IPs so you dont get all of the results, and that US sellers have opted for the option of overpricing for shipping to mexico or similar, i really don't understand it, when i shipped a donor cart to Leon it cost me 4 USD, with tracking included.

the only ones who are not as bad are Japanese sellers, who charge 9 USD for tracking shipping.

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Shipping out of the USA via Priority has gotten ridiculous. A 1-2 lb package is around $30-$40

The only other way is standard International First Class. And every time I send it that way it takes 4-6 weeks. And even that has gotten expensive. 1-2 lb package is $20-$25

Don't blame the seller, blame the shipper.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jonjandran View Post
    Shipping out of the USA via Priority has gotten ridiculous. A 1-2 lb package is around $30-$40

The only other way is standard International First Class. And every time I send it that way it takes 4-6 weeks. And even that has gotten expensive. 1-2 lb package is $20-$25

Don't blame the seller, blame the shipper.
    Damn, so this is a problem with the US government?, i tough it was another sneaky tactics that got popular over there.

In the meantime, ill be waiting for my 3 packages from there, i just won 2 bids and a friend of mine bought me another game before i signed up there.

But then again, they were all goods from Japanese sellers (has anyone bought stuff from hit-japan?) who have if not cheaper at least reasonable prices + shipping with tracking included.

So i guess there's no point on ordering stuff that isn't from Japan then and if it's not a bid.
    Last edited by Gatucaman; 01-29-2014 at 08:15 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12) jonjandran's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Well not really the "government" but the Postal Service.

They just keep going higher and higher and claiming they are going broke. Hmmmm

Cherry (Level 1) 8-Bit Archeology's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Steampunk360

Well USPS is a Federal company. Not saying it is the government completely. IMO if Ben Bernanke has his hand in it. Money is the only concern. (Him getting it all that is)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gatucaman View Post
    Damn, so this is a problem with the US government?, i tough it was another sneaky tactics that got popular over there.

In the meantime, ill be waiting for my 3 packages from there, i just won 2 bids and a friend of mine bought me another game before i signed up there.

But then again, they were all goods from Japanese sellers (has anyone bought stuff from hit-japan?) who have if not cheaper at least reasonable prices + shipping with tracking included.

So i guess there's no point on ordering stuff that isn't from Japan then and if it's not a bid.

It's not necessarily a problem with the government (USPS). Both Fedex and UPS charge more to ship international that USPS does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The issue with the USPS is that a few years ago the idiots in congress on the left decided to stick this ungodly awful retirement and compensation requirement plan fr current and upcoming retirees to pay for all their benefits, it was a unions thing. Each year they have to set aside like 5.5B dollars, and they simply cant afford it and no one with a spine in congress will repeal or change it due to union threats. What they bring in now on the prices they have if that hadnt come in theyd be making a killing in profits and would have not had to raise rates in Jan of this year and the huge bump in Jan of 2013. Before the bump a year ago it was very heap to mail to Canada and Mexico and now its just disgustingly expensive. The USPS while federally owned isnt govt run, they just pull the strings, its a weird mix really. Theyre at the mercy of asshole politicians on everything there despite being a private nongovt company, its this weird bastard hybrid.

Insert Coin (Level 0) fairyland's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Another issue is the strict Paypal rules that makes a package sent without any tracking an extremely easy target for a refund. The trouble is that Mexico is one of the most dishonest countries that I've ever dealt with, with Italy being the worse.

I have no idea how many of my Mexican customers were dishonest to me, could be some, many or none. It's well known though that Mexican mailmen are paid so low that they consider any packages to be part of their perks and they'll keep whatever ones they feel like, even those with tracking.

That is assuming they even get those with tracking. It's been my experience that customs and the dock workers holds onto tracked packages hoping the sender will forget to file a claim in on time. After a certain date, they are free to keep those packages.

It's a very corrupt system down there and I have to fight tooth and nail with EMS packages as they can typically take 5 weeks to arrive if the local area is dishonest. I've heard one of my former Mexican customers actually having to bribe their post office to ensure that get their packages on time.

So, yeah, after a while sellers learns which countries to ban because of stuff like that. If they don't ban, then they probably will ship to Mexico only with insurance and tracking. Only new sellers sends stuff to Mexico without protection. Adding protection to an airmail package tends to make it be over $20 for an average video game.

A smart thing to do is to find a friend on the US boarder to help you out. Have everything sent to him and then every so often he can walk the stuff over and send it to you from a nearby Mexican town. I've friends in other countries which I do this with to save on expensive shipping rates. It's cheaper for one large package of games and DVDs than several small ones, you know?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    The issue with the USPS is that a few years ago the idiots in congress on the left decided to stick this ungodly awful retirement and compensation requirement plan fr current and upcoming retirees to pay for all their benefits, it was a unions thing. Each year they have to set aside like 5.5B dollars, and they simply cant afford it and no one with a spine in congress will repeal or change it due to union threats. What they bring in now on the prices they have if that hadnt come in theyd be making a killing in profits and would have not had to raise rates in Jan of this year and the huge bump in Jan of 2013. Before the bump a year ago it was very heap to mail to Canada and Mexico and now its just disgustingly expensive. The USPS while federally owned isnt govt run, they just pull the strings, its a weird mix really. Theyre at the mercy of asshole politicians on everything there despite being a private nongovt company, its this weird bastard hybrid.
    Er.... Sweet and condensed version please?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fairyland View Post
    Another issue is the strict Paypal rules that makes a package sent without any tracking an extremely easy target for a refund. The trouble is that Mexico is one of the most dishonest countries that I've ever dealt with, with Italy being the worse.

I have no idea how many of my Mexican customers were dishonest to me, could be some, many or none. It's well known though that Mexican mailmen are paid so low that they consider any packages to be part of their perks and they'll keep whatever ones they feel like, even those with tracking.

That is assuming they even get those with tracking. It's been my experience that customs and the dock workers holds onto tracked packages hoping the sender will forget to file a claim in on time. After a certain date, they are free to keep those packages.

It's a very corrupt system down there and I have to fight tooth and nail with EMS packages as they can typically take 5 weeks to arrive if the local area is dishonest. I've heard one of my former Mexican customers actually having to bribe their post office to ensure that get their packages on time.

So, yeah, after a while sellers learns which countries to ban because of stuff like that. If they don't ban, then they probably will ship to Mexico only with insurance and tracking. Only new sellers sends stuff to Mexico without protection. Adding protection to an airmail package tends to make it be over $20 for an average video game.

A smart thing to do is to find a friend on the US boarder to help you out. Have everything sent to him and then every so often he can walk the stuff over and send it to you from a nearby Mexican town. I've friends in other countries which I do this with to save on expensive shipping rates. It's cheaper for one large package of games and DVDs than several small ones, you know?

Oh Man, oh man, if only you ever know, those ass-hats at SEPOMEX are a bunch of scumbags, they stole a package from canada (a repro cart from Nesreproductions.com) and then told me the guy who i bought it never really sent it to me, sure, heck even the mail-man that delivers in my area looks like a dishonest guy who steals stuff, a typical poor guy, and it was all because it had no tracking.

I do have a friend that has a place in the US that can send me stuff then in mexico, but the problem is that he doesn't live where i do, and he still uses sepomex, so ill end expending more.

Even with tracking, if i don't fight?, they can still stole stuff?

how can i precisely fight?, i have 3 packages from japan incoming!.