Thread: Is this a good trade (Sega Saturn)

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Is this a good trade (Sega Saturn)

Two games Shining Force III and Burning Rangers for Panzer Dragoon Saga one game. The two games roughly equal around $300 anyway and in fact I think Burning Rangers is more rare than Panzer Dragoon Saga not as many copies of the games are as easily available online they are just not as expensive. This seems to be one of those instances where demand exceeds actual rarity. Obviously all three titles are not common and probably had low print runs its just a matter of how much people want to play each game and then in turn how much they are willing to pay for each game. Shining Force III goes for $100-$120 from what I've seen and as for Burning Rangers there hasn't been that many copies of the game to really compare prices. I've seen the usual outrageous price for a game (Every game has a few sellers asking for these) but as far as actual value maybe between $140-$200. There just isnt that many auctions for it and I know I payed quite a lot of money for a complete copy (Not quite $200 though) The last game there probably has the most information available as far as prices go $300-$400 with 400 being a little too much probably more around $370 but I figured I'd put $400 because I've had seen a few people actually asking that price for the game. Since the subject has come up besides the question of the trade what are the opinions on the print runs and the rarity of these three titles anyway thanks

Giganticus breathalizer Mr Mort's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Personally, I don't feel like it's an even trade. If there was perhaps an uncommon game coming along with PDS, I'd say it'd be more fair.

That being said, there's more to this hobby than economics. If Panzer Dragoon Saga is something that you've been after for a long time and badly want, and you don't care for the 2 games you're giving up, that's something to consider too.

Honestly, I don't think PDS is really that rare. There are a decent number of them out there. It's simply in high demand/popular. In some ways, I think Burning Rangers is a bit harder to come by (especially complete).

All 3 games are high-profile games for the Saturn. I wouldn't personally give up 2 to get one unless I wanted it really bad.

Just my $.02
    Last edited by Mr Mort; 03-05-2014 at 04:41 PM.

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

The person getting SF3 and Burning Rangers is getting the better deal.
    Burning Rangers and Panzer are about the same in terms of rarity. Panzer sells for more because its a panzer dragoon rpg. Given time burning rangers will go up.
    Burning and Panzer saga are both very rare.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

No I do not want to give up the two games and again no I have not been searching for Panzer Dragoon Saga for a while it's just that when I see something I want I usually need to get it right away. Not a good quality to have but I am impulsive if it was cheaper would probably already have the game. I can wait on this one just hope the price doesnt go up anymore very soon. Plus I need a Sega Saturn RAM cartridge first and told myself I was going to buy one before I bought anymore games for the console. That and I need a new Game Boy Advance since I sold my old one and I'll probably get the SP so yeah I want to get those two things before I buy more games

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I'm a Saturn collector, and I don't think I would personally get rid of those two games for PDS. What I would do is start selling off some of my more common games, or current gen games that can easily be found in a store again, until you have that $300 in your paypal. Then you will have all three of those games to play any time you want. I've even seen some copies of PDS go for around $250. I bought my Burning Rangers for something like $35 (IIRC) a few years ago, before game prices started going crazy. Its done nothing but go up rapidly, and is continuing to go up closer to the $200 range. I'd say hold onto those two games, I'm pretty sure you'll be glad you did, in the long run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    retroman20/retroman21
    PSN
    retroman13

Its a fair trade if your happy with it.