Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Analogue Nt: an RGB NES and Famicom. No Emulation.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Christoph's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Analogue Nt: an RGB NES and Famicom. No Emulation.

NES.
    FAMICOM.
    RGB: VIDEOPHILE.
    HI-FI: AUDIOPHILE.
    FOUR PLAYERS.
    NO EMULATION.

The Analogue Nt opens a door to the highest quality way to experience the NES and Famicom.

It is designed around the heart and brain of the original NES. We've completely reengineered the original NES while remaining true to the original hardware. This means you’ll be experiencing the NES with the hardware it was designed to be played with. No emulation.

The Analogue Nt is precision fabricated from a solid block of aircraft grade aluminum. Engineered with an uncompromising attitude to quality. There has never been another video game system like it.

I know there will be a lot of questions and I cannot wait to share every single detail with everyone. There are features and details that are going to blow everyone away. I promise we won’t disappoint. I'll be unveiling all the fine details and taking orders at the end of March.

http://www.analogueinteractive.com

Insert Coin (Level 0) Scotterpop's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I'd be VERY interested in this. I just hope I can afford it, but looking at the prices of their NEOGEO stuff, I doubt it : (
    Death to Videodrome! Long live the new flesh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Holy shit, I'd totally be interested in this.
    Quote Originally Posted by starsoldier1 View Post
    GUY WAS SUPPOSE TO PLAYABLE IN THE GAME
    My collection

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I would be very interested in this.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Does this play FDS as well?

I mean there are FDS games in the promo picture so that is what it looks like they're saying.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

^ was wondering this aswell^

Cherry (Level 1) Eternal Champion's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Looks like it'll cost an arm and a leg. Oh well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post

I mean there are FDS games in the promo picture so that is what it looks like they're saying.
    From what I've seen on the thread for this on Neo-Geo.com, it looks like it actually will. I'd be very interested to see what Christoph did for the FDS drive though, I'm hoping it'll have a direct drive mech and not the POS belt-driven mech that the original FDS has.
    Quote Originally Posted by starsoldier1 View Post
    GUY WAS SUPPOSE TO PLAYABLE IN THE GAME
    My collection

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

As much as I love the idea, considering the ease of emulation options including devices like the upcoming $99 RetroN5 which plays NES/Famicom cartridges and outputs 720p, I sorta gotta question the validity of a multi-hundred dollar clone that outputs 240p.

Don't get me wrong this would be great if it was affordable, but there's no way this will be even $199, which is double the price of the RetroN5 or Ouya.
    check out my classic gaming review site: http://satoshimatrix.wordpress.com/

Insert Coin (Level 0) ggallegos1's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    3DS Friend
    4811-7358-8350

christoph said on neo-geo that the system will be FDS compatible, so i guess it isnt built in.

Can't wait to see some of the final product on a bunch of review sites and in the hands of other collectors. I'm keeping my eye on it

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
    As much as I love the idea, considering the ease of emulation options including devices like the upcoming $99 RetroN5 which plays NES/Famicom cartridges and outputs 720p, I sorta gotta question the validity of a multi-hundred dollar clone that outputs 240p.

Don't get me wrong this would be great if it was affordable, but there's no way this will be even $199, which is double the price of the RetroN5 or Ouya.
    However, unlike the Retron this don't depend on emulation. It's original hardware, depicting the video as best as the original hardware can manage.

Aside from that: I agree with you. The appeal of this to me, is going to depend solely on price. As I mentioned in another thread, I'm in the process of planning a retro game room, where all of my consoles are hooked up, and displayed as best as possible. When you are entering into the price range of an X-RGB, and have even a basic understanding of modding consoles, the appeal of this goes down heavily. Unless of course, the price is right.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I wouldnt trust this too much, this sounds more like a Famiclone, you may say otherwise, but the way the paraphrase things on the details of this thing, doesnt sound like they are specifiying that they are using actual NES hardware, since this will be produced on a certian number of quantities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by Mangar View Post
    However, unlike the Retron this don't depend on emulation. It's original hardware, depicting the video as best as the original hardware can manage.
    As you can tell from the photo, this isn't original hardware either, its a hardware clone. I've been following this development for a while now. It's made with all newly produced parts and while true that it isn't emulation...this isn't authentic hardware either, making it no different at all. I think emulation is just a dirty word that some people think means the devil but when you're talking about clones to begin with, I don't understand why the concept makes people squeamish.

I'm in the process of planning a retro game room, where all of my consoles are hooked up, and displayed as best as possible. When you are entering into the price range of an X-RGB, and have even a basic understanding of modding consoles, the appeal of this goes down heavily. Unless of course, the price is right.
    Here's two things that are absolutely guaranteed:

The maximum resolution of RGB - 240p - is certainly NOT the highest resolution possible. Wii NES emulation is double that at 480p, and then Xbox and the RetroN5 emulation is 720p, and then the Ouya does 1080p. Nothing against RGB, but 240p is only a high resolution if you stick strictly to RBG and refuse emulation. Unless you go with an external RGB to HDMI converter, but that doesn't turn a 240p signal into a 1080p signal, it just upscales the resolution. No matter what you do, emulation based clones like the Ouya will always and forever have the advantage over hardware clones when it comes to as you pout it , "displayed as best as possible".

2. This uses new components and is designed from the ground up. It depends on what you would define as "the right price" but you can rest assured this will not be less than $200. I would even say it might not be under $400. given what has to go into this.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Christoph's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xelement5x View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    ^ was wondering this aswell^
    Yes it is compatible with the FDS

@Gatucaman Don't worry, it's not a clone. There is no emulation. Bear with me till the end of the month and I'll have all the details then!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

'clone' is a relative term. This won't be a NOAC, but it's not the original hardware either. I'm almost positive.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This company does not seem to do anything on the cheap.

Those Neo-Geo's they sell look amazing.

I wouldn't expect this Nes/Famicon of theirs to be less than $400.

Aircraft grade aluminum?

Can't wait to see what they come up with for a controller.

Strictly for the collector who has to have the best.

Retron 5 for everybody else.
    Last edited by lagartija_nick; 03-12-2014 at 09:52 PM.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

FDS hmm.....

wonder how much more than a twin famicom it is then.
    cause I think the most i'd pay for such a thing is $300 or so

custom annod aluminum case maybe $350

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Aside from that: I agree with you. The appeal of this to me, is going to depend solely on price. As I mentioned in another thread, I'm in the process of planning a retro game room, where all of my consoles are hooked up, and displayed as best as possible. When you are entering into the price range of an X-RGB, and have even a basic understanding of modding consoles, the appeal of this goes down heavily. Unless of course, the price is right.
    It may not be emulation, but at what actual cost ($)? Also, we all are very aware that old systems have shitty input lag on a majority of the post-CRT style televisions. This isn't putting out an HDMI signal that gets around that problem to give a solid play time without lag issues which Retron5 and even retrousb.com's upcoming NES clone (there's stuff on NA about it) can do. With RGB it'll need to have the image upscaled which causes the lag problem making this an expensive new parts clone with the same problems of the old hardware unless they devised a work around.

I've got to side with Satoshi on his first and second posts. It seems nice, but problems. Not to say the Retron won't either. The only one I'm aware of that won't is bunnyboy's HDMI NES he has been working on for a long time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    Satoshi_Matrix

Quote Originally Posted by lagartija_nick View Post
    Those Neo-Geo's they sell look amazing.
    Luxury items have that effect.

I wouldn't expect this Nes/Famicon of theirs to be less than $400.
    That's a pretty reasonable bet. If I had to guess, I'd say $499 for a 'basic' model.

Can't wait to see what they come up with for a controller.
    I could be totally wrong, but I don't think they'll do a controller. NES-004's are still common and readily available and reliable.

Strictly for the collector who has to have the best.
    Retron 5 for everybody else.
    Or better yet Ouya. RetroN5 isn't for everyone, and also it still carries a lot of unknowns. It might end up being a piece of shit. Don't count your chickens before they've hatched.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi_Matrix View Post
    Luxury items have that effect.

That's a pretty reasonable bet. If I had to guess, I'd say $499 for a 'basic' model.

I could be totally wrong, but I don't think they'll do a controller. NES-004's are still common and readily available and reliable.

Or better yet Ouya. RetroN5 isn't for everyone, and also it still carries a lot of unknowns. It might end up being a piece of shit. Don't count your chickens before they've hatched.

I wasn't championing the Retron as the be all end all. Just a general statement about how much of a luxury item how the Analogue really is. Granted my statement is worded rather poorly.

Funny that we are getting a luxury console announced, just as jack of all trades console is (supposedly) set to release.

You could be right about the controller.

Even if you spend the $600 bucks to get the Neo-Geo console, that does not include a controller. I believe they run an additional 150 bucks. Probably many would opt to use their own original controllers.