Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pikointeractive View Post
    Vectorman is just trolling with his buddies

http://www.vbender.com/viewtopic.php...p=20203#p20203
    Did...did you register to vbender just to make a single bitch post?

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Can someone just quote the post here as I can't see what's on vbender? Or post a screen capture? Would be easier to know what's going on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    Can someone just quote the post here as I can't see what's on vbender? Or post a screen capture? Would be easier to know what's going on.
    It basically is along the lines of what has already been said in this thread.
    <Evan_G> i keep my games in an inaccessable crate where i can't play them

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    In response to the e-mail post above:

Evan_G wrote:
    If I recall correctly, this guy is the same person who was involved in this prototype scam a couple of years back (though he claimed that he was tricked into it). He then later had a kickstarter for a SNES multicart, which I never supported because I thought this guy was super sketchy.

Pretty sure I will ignore this email for now.

Reply from Pichi:
    I like how you forget to mention you asked me for the roms on those proto chips that guy gave me and I sent everything to you for contribution to your site. And all of the sudden you hate for a friendly email.

http://www.snescentral.com/review.ph...&article=proto

Whats your take here?

Insert Coin (Level 0) Pikointeractive's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post
    In response to the e-mail post above:

Evan_G wrote:
    If I recall correctly, this guy is the same person who was involved in this prototype scam a couple of years back (though he claimed that he was tricked into it). He then later had a kickstarter for a SNES multicart, which I never supported because I thought this guy was super sketchy.

Pretty sure I will ignore this email for now.

Reply from Pichi:
    I like how you forget to mention you asked me for the roms on those proto chips that guy gave me and I sent everything to you for contribution to your site. And all of the sudden you hate for a friendly email.

Whats your take here?

This thread is going nowhere, Can I get a mod to lock it?

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Oh, it's going places all right.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post
    Oh, it's going places all right.
    ok, where is it going? how is this thread helping in any sense the "community", DP, or anything?

Is not, it is just being trolled.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Trolling piko eh? Classy. If you don't like flappy bird, fine, ignore it. I don't like the original so I have no interest in this one either, but I don't pounce all over it being made. Some people like it, some don't, whatever, get over it. The multicart deal was on the level a little while back, it's a solid project and it got together some nice games for people to enjoy on a cart if they want it. The stuff he's peddling there all has proper permissions if not total contracts with original owners like Super Noah's Ark 3D for example. Whatever the reason for this is, it's cheap and petty to be doing it here. Don't sink to the level of some you're hurting the hobby collector control freak types would do over such things.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    GarrettCRW
    PSN
    GarrettCRW

ok, where is it going? how is this thread helping in any sense the "community", DP, or anything?

Is not, it is just being trolled.
    So says the guy who made the major error of trying to troll vbender.
    Webmaster of the Cartoon Review Website!
    http://www.cartoonreviewsite.com

My sale thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Trolling piko eh? Classy. If you don't like flappy bird, fine, ignore it. I don't like the original so I have no interest in this one either, but I don't pounce all over it being made. Some people like it, some don't, whatever, get over it. The multicart deal was on the level a little while back, it's a solid project and it got together some nice games for people to enjoy on a cart if they want it. The stuff he's peddling there all has proper permissions if not total contracts with original owners like Super Noah's Ark 3D for example. Whatever the reason for this is, it's cheap and petty to be doing it here. Don't sink to the level of some you're hurting the hobby collector control freak types would do over such things.
    I have never, and will never having any advertising on my website. When someone says something like this to me:

We noticed that you were hosting the beta of the rom and that is OK with us since we have a different rom. However We wanted to ask for a link to our website in exchange of permission to hosting the ROM.
    I get angry. The page was up for years without any complaint, and I have no intention on advertising a reproduction. Like I said earlier, Piko Interactive probably would never have even heard about this game had I not put up this article. I own Piko Interactive nothing, and saying I need his permission for anything is galling considering the amount of time, money and effort I have put into preserving prototypes and unreleased SNES games. I work on my website as a hobby, and the only thing I ask is that people appreciate that effort. I don't ask for money, fame or widespread recognition.

Tanooki, perhaps you have not been in the scene long enough to realize how much of a collaborative effort the game accounting and preservation scene used to be. Nobody was in it for pure attention and profit. Digital Press used to be a gathering spot of hardcore gamers and collectors with the goal of documenting all games. Just look at the collectors guide forum, especially topics from before 2005. Do you honestly believe that Piko Interactive is pushing out these reproductions of crappy games and clones of simplistic IOS games out of his love of gaming and collecting? No, he is doing it because he knows he can make money off it. There is absolutely no purpose to making reproductions of Super Noah's Ark 3D other than exploiting the fact that the original carts are selling for $100+, and getting the publishing rights probably cost next to nothing. There is no purpose to selling a SNES version of Flappy Birds - something that can hardly even be called a game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by badinsults View Post
    I have never, and will never having any advertising on my website. When someone says something like this to me:

I get angry. The page was up for years without any complaint, and I have no intention on advertising a reproduction. Like I said earlier, Piko Interactive probably would never have even heard about this game had I not put up this article. I own Piko Interactive nothing, and saying I need his permission for anything is galling considering the amount of time, money and effort I have put into preserving prototypes and unreleased SNES games. I work on my website as a hobby, and the only thing I ask is that people appreciate that effort. I don't ask for money, fame or widespread recognition.

Tanooki, perhaps you have not been in the scene long enough to realize how much of a collaborative effort the game accounting and preservation scene used to be. Nobody was in it for pure attention and profit. Digital Press used to be a gathering spot of hardcore gamers and collectors with the goal of documenting all games. Just look at the collectors guide forum, especially topics from before 2005. Do you honestly believe that Piko Interactive is pushing out these reproductions of crappy games and clones of simplistic IOS games out of his love of gaming and collecting? No, he is doing it because he knows he can make money off it. There is absolutely no purpose to making reproductions of Super Noah's Ark 3D other than exploiting the fact that the original carts are selling for $100+, and getting the publishing rights probably cost next to nothing. There is no purpose to selling a SNES version of Flappy Birds - something that can hardly even be called a game.

Im sorry if that offended you (the email) but I didn't mean it on any threatening way. I know you have done lots of work and I appreciate it. But you got to understand that you are not the only one that this particular topic interest them (protos/unreleased) and is doing all the work. I got a full collection of Club Nintendo magazines (Mexico's Nintendo Power) Which is where I got most of my information about unreleased games (still got about 8 years of issues to go through). And believe it or not there are some stuff that you don't even have idea.

Creppy Bird was never intented to be released on a cart. But I got some people that wanted it, What am I suppose to tell them? "No!" I just told them "ok I'll do a cart release".

Anyways, Again I never meant to Insult you or make you mad, and I am very sorry if YOU took it that way. At the very end we all are on the same side, SNES fanatics.

As for trolling VBender; Noup it was a legit post and question. I don't see any troll intentions on my part.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Im sorry if that offended you (the email) but I didn't mean it on any threatening way. I know you have done lots of work and I appreciate it. But you got to understand that you are not the only one that this particular topic interest them (protos/unreleased) and is doing all the work. I got a full collection of Club Nintendo magazines (Mexico's Nintendo Power) Which is where I got most of my information about unreleased games (still got about 8 years of issues to go through). And believe it or not there are some stuff that you don't even have idea.

Creppy Bird was never intented to be released on a cart. But I got some people that wanted it, What am I suppose to tell them? "No!" I just told them "ok I'll do a cart release".

Anyways, Again I never meant to Insult you or make you mad, and I am very sorry if YOU took it that way. At the very end we all are on the same side, SNES fanatics.

As for trolling VBender; Noup it was a legit post and question. I don't see any troll intentions on my part.
    Thank you. That is good enough.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettCRW View Post
    So says the guy who made the major error of trying to troll vbender.
    /b/...errr....vbender isn't your personal army, we know.
    One post is hardly trolling, man.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Edit again:

... wait. Does this guy have anything to do with Retro Quest Games?
    Last edited by Kitsune Sniper; 06-08-2014 at 11:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Edit again:

... wait. Does this guy have anything to do with Retro Quest Games?
    Not anymore

Left the repro scene several months ago, about the time when I launched my kickstarter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Look I know this is resolved but I want to put this here regardless.

badinsults I really respect you and I love the work you do on that site of yours, that newest update with FF5 and stuff is fantastic. That said, I get that you were angry over him writing that. To be fair I was talking to him at the time about it, and I'm partly I think to blame because we had discussed the ROM image you had there since he got the legal rights to it. I didn't suggest having a link back, but I did suggest that it be allowed to remain but that if possible a link would be nice if asking was done nicely. Piko there has a language barrier as english is a second for him so I try and help with correspondence, paperwork(manuals/boxes) and other stuff when needed. The thing is the site was never in question before because the original owner of the content either didn't know or didn't care, but when Piko bought it, that's why that status quo changed which makes sense. As far as the scene goes I don't remember to be fair, but I got Piko's argument at the time because he does own the rights on the game picked up from the original owner but it probably could have been approached a bit nicer. If I include my time in emulation with rom releases, hacking so they work and on emulators on a simple level trying to preserve that way it would be back to the later 90s. Up until maybe 6~ years ago I had every NP mag too, quit on them when they sold out to Future who wrote snark and terribly so I canceled it so I know what resources you speak of and your scans/texts on them (again like FF5) I remember seeing.

I don't agree with you on Super Noah's Ark, but Flappy I kind of do as I tried it when it was legit alive and damn it sucked, but some people really got into it, so it's kind of just a thing if someone wants that one since it already has a free to play version so it's not like a black and what pay or don't play thing.

Noah opened a door with Wisdom Tree and I started helping with the original contact emails that got that deal going, and it was to allow for access to more Wisdom Tree games if not potential for more later on depending how things developed so it's more of not a one off but early on looking at wider options.

I think ultimately both you and Piko in differing ways are working on the same end point in getting all the info and more out there possible for those with interest in the history and preservation of it. You work towards getting the information and imagery out there, a ROM if possible. Piko will get the ROM and rights to distribute it and perhaps find if they have more treasures people are unaware of or only in some passing name if it's possible to get that out there too. You do the same just at different depths.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

Not anymore

Left the repro scene several months ago, about the time when I launched my kickstarter.
    Interesting.

I got an email from someone at that repro site in August 2012 offering to pay me to translate some games so he could sell repros of them. And this interview says you were running it at the time... which makes your new business a lot easier to avoid and warn people about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    Interesting.

I got an email from someone at that repro site in August 2012 offering to pay me to translate some games so he could sell repros of them. And this interview says you were running it at the time... which makes your new business a lot easier to avoid and warn people about.
    Yes sorry, at the time I was very interested in the repro scene, it was something new, however as the time went by I understood that it was not viewed as a good practice by a lot of people and thats why I decided to leave the scene.

I did learned a lot on snes hardware because of it, but it was not my main interest to just repro a game I have no right. Thats why I only work with 100% legal/licensed material.

You live and learn.
    Last edited by Pikointeractive; 06-08-2014 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It was a smart move because when you go from shady and could be shut down at any time to a legit business with contracts and agreements for legal work everyone wins, them, you, and the consumer who may want one.