Thread: MACS gun VS Mountian Bike Rally/Speed Racer SEALED!!!

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    W8tn-4-U

Default MACS gun VS Mountian Bike Rally/Speed Racer SEALED!!!

I am torn between which two centerpiece items to buy. Either a very RARE M.A.C.S. Gun or a very RARE Mountian Bike Rally/Speed Racer SEALED!!!!! copy. if anyone can help me out in which one is the better buy I would appreciate it. I know the difference between the two but I am still stuck. Please help me out with some info thanks!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

That's http://www.snescentral.com/article.php?id=0901 , if anyone's wondering.

Anyway, what criteria are you using to evaluate "betterness" ? Are both of them just going to sit around collecting dust for the rest of your life? Are you seeking an investment with long-term growth potential?
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Insert Coin (Level 0) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    W8tn-4-U

Well..... for the most part yes both of them will be sitting around however the M.A.C.S. gun will probably be mounted on a wall for display and MBR/SR will be graded and shelved but the thing with MBR/SR is that it is the stadium events of the SNES. It is a huge steping stone twoard owning a complete SNES collection wheras the gun isn't but the story behind the gun and it's rarity is awsome and owning one is just as cool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

In that case the gun would be the obvious choice. It makes a nice display piece, as opposed to something that's just going to be shelved. Unless, that is, you've got serious ambitions about owning a complete SNES collection – and by "serious", I mean you've given considerable thought to it and genuinely anticipate spending hundreds of hours and thousands upon thousands of dollars on this pursuit in the years to come.
    "There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge." --Bertrand Russel (attributed)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

MACS gun.

A Sealed copy of SRMBR is extremely rare, if you care about sealed, then fine, but even a complete open copy will do if your going for the entire library and that's obtainable. I think a loose copy could even be found in the wild if you look hard enough.

The MACS gun is really a holy grail piece. Extremely rare but also collectors don't tend to come off them. In addition, the MACS carts are completely unplayable without the gun. So, the gun is the important piece.

Honestly, if you waiver on an item like this though, chances are that someone else snatches it up.