0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zthun
    PSN
    Zthun
    Steam
    Zthun

Default Super Sized PSP Memory Card

Recently, I've gotten into ripping all of my psp games to ISO to play the off of the MC and my PC. However, as you can imagine, this fills up the card really fast.

The biggest single card I can find is a 32GB card. In reality that should be more than enough for the time being but as time goes on I would like to convert all the PSX discs that I've ripped to eboots so I can play them on the psp. Does anyone have a good solution to this? I've found solutions for using two micro SD cards with an adapter that can go up to 128 gb but I was wondering if there are other solutions. The 128 card is probably going to run me around 130 on amazon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Xbox LIVE
    theclaw135
    PSN
    Eonclaw

To get above 32GB you need a third party device. The larger Sony cards are believed vaporware, their website has various old mentions of "Memory Stick XC".
    Lum fan.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'm currently running a PSP-2000 with a 32GB microSD and an adapter for produo or whatever it's called. Speed of that setup is off the charts with a high quality class10 microSD I got for about 20$ and the cheapest possible adapter for 3$ when I tested it with an app on the PSP. I have 16 PSP games on there, 12 or so converted PSX games, 500MB ROMs, 3GB MP3s, and maybe 5GB free space. If you compress the PSP ISOs with UMDgen (I think that's what the program's called), that really helps. PSX2PSP also offers compression for PSX games you convert. Compression can result in slightly slower load times according to reports, but I can't really tell, and it's definitely faster than UMD still.

If you really need more space, I say go for one of those adapters with 2 microSD slots with two 32GB cards. I've heard good things about them mostly. I think all the space will be usable, but double check that on google especially if you have a 1000. The 2 card adapters can be finnicky if the cards aren't the same size.