Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: July 2014 Finds

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bb_hood View Post
    Nice, all those cartoon games, ren and stimpy, simpsons, road runner.. others
    My daughter actually found all those. All I picked out was Starfox and Wrestlemania. When she saw the Crystal Pony Tales game, nothing else mattered.

loves the Game Gear too much. recorderdude's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thunderkid View Post
    My daughter actually found all those. All I picked out was Starfox and Wrestlemania. When she saw the Crystal Pony Tales game, nothing else mattered.
    Your daughter picked out Genesis and Game Gear titles?

..Parenting done right!

The crystal pony tales game isn't THAT bad, btw, just an easy logic puzzle game aimed at kids, so you won't suffer too much if she wants you to play it. Honestly the only one I'd say is inherently bad of the lot is Bart Vs. The Space Mutants, but it is a little better than the NES version.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Picked this up today for $5.99.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Some good finds for the month so far.

I haven't been looking that hard because I've been trying to save up to build a new computer and the CCAG is at the end of this month so I'm sure I'll find a few things at that show. I did have a birthday coupon from Half Price Books giving me 20% off my purchase. I had to use it by Saturday so we went to the one by my house and I found a CIB Yoshi's Island DS for $15.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I found megaman zx for ds 20 bucks new at target. Yea target. Was in the security cases with all the other new games. Was kind of odd considering the game came out in 06 and I'm sure it's been out of print for a while

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks! My daughter and I share a common love for the older generations. I grew up with a sega genesis and super nintendo. I still have those consoles and now my daughter enjoys playing them. On the weekends, I take her with me while I go hunting for games. She always picks out the cartoon type games and actually reminds me about what we do and don't have. All this at just 5 years old. She loves playing 2 player sonic the hedgehog. She always wants to be tails. Anyway enough about that. Here is what we found this weekend. Total spent $25.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20140720_231532_resized.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	7562

Quote Originally Posted by recorderdude View Post
    Your daughter picked out Genesis and Game Gear titles?

..Parenting done right!

The crystal pony tales game isn't THAT bad, btw, just an easy logic puzzle game aimed at kids, so you won't suffer too much if she wants you to play it. Honestly the only one I'd say is inherently bad of the lot is Bart Vs. The Space Mutants, but it is a little better than the NES version.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    VexingEnmity
    PSN
    VexingEnmity

Quote Originally Posted by incubus421 View Post
    So, I moved this past weekend and a long time friend of mine gave me this as a house warming gift! He had won this through a contest on the Playstation retail loyalty site a couple years ago.

and lit up:
    I got two of those from the Sony RLS site back when it was a thing. It wasn't a contest you just had to earn points through simple tests about Sony products and then you could spend those points on all kinds of free Playstation stuff. Kind of similar to how Club Nintendo works. I have like 5 or 6 jackets, 4 good mouse pads, two of those signs, several t-shirts, and a few other things from there before they stopped doing it. I had a build up of points from doing everything and never redeeming the points so i cashed in everything when they said they were gonna stop.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

A couple of $1.99 pickups from the Goodwill bookstore near my work.

$1.99 from the same bookstore.

$2.99 from Salvation Army, but very much worth the extra dollar to be able to paint happy little clouds like a mofo.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Dashopepper's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Niku-Sama View Post
    I found megaman zx for ds 20 bucks new at target. Yea target. Was in the security cases with all the other new games. Was kind of odd considering the game came out in 06 and I'm sure it's been out of print for a while
    Its odd, the same day i picked up a new Final Fantasy III DS from Target. I wonder if there getting some new old stock.

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

On Monday:

$5 for the set. The cover for Kung-Fu From Beyond The Grave is amusing, it looks like he's playing a DS in the dark, haha.

Cornman was $1 yesterday, it was sealed. The John Candy three pack was $2 today. I already have a Mexican budget release of Going Berserk, but I figured $1 for a widescreen version and two other movies wasn't bad.

Oh and I also found a sealed Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Production Premium for Mac for four dollars. This thing sells on eBay / Amazon for $1200 new. o_O Where should I sell it? Amazon or eBay? Where am I less liable to get screwed over by a buyer? ;_;
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Damn I just paid like $15 or something to get a loose card from GameStop then a few bucks apiece more for the cover art and the manual from ebay.
    (though I paid as much to get Advent as well loose, though I didn't find any spare cover or manual listings)

The only other used game I bought from GS lately was Trinity Universe for PS3, it looks like I paid about market value at $26 disc-only, no packaging-only listings though.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Not sure if I'm missing something, but isn't Megaman ZX only worth about $15-$20 brand new? I'll post a couple examples below.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291186336309
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/221433153941

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Weird craigslist find/ encounter this past weekend. I haggled back and forth with someone selling a boxed power pad they originally wanted 30 I asked of they'd take 15 as that is about what they are worth give or take. Anyway we agree to meet at a parking lot and the guy no shows. After leaving him a message he calls me twenty minutes later saying he will drop it off to my house... I reluctantly agree and he shows up a little later with the boxed powerpad. I open it on the spot and do a quick check and we conduct our transaction.

Sure enough after I go back in and examine it, 6 nes manuals fall out of the box. So I now own a complete power

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Weird craigslist find/ encounter this past weekend. I haggled back and forth with someone selling a boxed power pad they originally wanted 30 I asked of they'd take 15 as that is about what they are worth give or take. Anyway we agree to meet at a parking lot and the guy no shows. After leaving him a message he calls me twenty minutes later saying he will drop it off to my house... I reluctantly agree and he shows up a little later with the boxed powerpad. I open it on the spot and do a quick check and we conduct our transaction.

Sure enough after I go back in and examine it, 6 nes manuals fall out of the box. So I now own a complete powerpad and the manuals for ducktales, contra, super mario bros, super mario bros 2, donkey kong classics and Dino riki

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Salvation Army finds: Super Mario Sunshine (no manual) was $4.99, as was PS2 Robotech Battlecry. The RB soundtrack was $1.99; both RB items are new and unopened.

These were $1.99 each at the same Salvation; Disney Oscar consideration CDs that contain the entire movie scores.

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

those are interesting. I didn't think they even bothered with cd's any more

DP's favorite trollbait Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    FoxhackDN
    Steam
    Foxhack

those are interesting. I didn't think they even bothered with cd's any more
    I've stumbled upon similar CDs many times but never pick 'em up because I thought they released them commercially.

Guess not. ;_;
    Quote Originally Posted by Edmond Dantes View Post
    I can't tell if we're discussing My Little Pony or Neon Genesis Evangelion anymore.
    eBay Auctions / GameTZ profile / DP Feedback / Youtube / Twitter / RateYourMusic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kitsune Sniper View Post
    I've stumbled upon similar CDs many times but never pick 'em up because I thought they released them commercially.

Guess not. ;_;
    I've found something sort of similar, but only in Goodwill stores around Shreveport, Louisiana. I kept coming across on-air promotional CDs for Fox TV shows around the 1999-2002 era, with music and sound bites for putting promos together for radio stations. Some local station must have dumped their entire storage room filled with junk like old King Of The Hill promo CDs into some Goodwill in the area, I can't imagine how much they'd actually get for them.

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I found some good stuff this month! First, a straggler from the end of June:

Sailor Moon: The Dream Set (Used, Complete) - $10.00

Yes, I know Viz is going to eventually re-release the movies. But the set was too cheap to pass up.

Kirby Triple Deluxe (New) - $30.00

Kirby's Dream Collection (New) - $37.99

Spyro: Ripto's Rage (Used, Complete) - $1.99

The Art of Final Fantasy IX - $4.99

Kirby's Return to Dreamland (Used, Complete) - $45.00

One Piece: Unlimited World Red (Used, Complete) - $15.00

The reason why One Piece was so cheap, is because the pawn I bought Kirby RTD and it had a "buy one game, get a second one half off" sale.

EDIT: Whoops, forgot to mention one more find! UDraw Studio Wii w/ White Tablet (Used, Complete) - $12.00
    Last edited by SEGA_Queen; 07-31-2014 at 08:44 PM.

Strawberry (Level 2)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    I've found something sort of similar, but only in Goodwill stores around Shreveport, Louisiana. I kept coming across on-air promotional CDs for Fox TV shows around the 1999-2002 era, with music and sound bites for putting promos together for radio stations. Some local station must have dumped their entire storage room filled with junk like old King Of The Hill promo CDs into some Goodwill in the area, I can't imagine how much they'd actually get for them.
    I actually found these a while ago but I think they're similar to what you're speaking of, collections of radio promos. I'd love to have some King of the Hill.