Thread: Signed Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball (Saturn)

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Default Signed Frank Thomas Big Hurt Baseball (Saturn)

I just met Frank Thomas today, and had him sign the front of the manual for the saturn version of the game. I'm not looking to sell, just wanna see what something like this would sell for. Everything is in good condition.

I figured it'd only really appeal to game collectors who are Frank fans, like myself.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mailman187666 View Post
    I just met Frank Thomas today, and had him sign the front of the manual for the saturn version of the game. I'm not looking to sell, just wanna see what something like this would sell for. Everything is in good condition.

I figured it'd only really appeal to game collectors who are Frank fans, like myself.
    The game is literally almost worthless, so the resale value is whatever Frank's autograph currently goes for and it's probably even on the low end of that scale as most collectors would probably prefer a more traditional item like a baseball or photo to a common Saturn game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Something like an autograph can be hard to gauge. A quick look on eBay shows a wide range of prices from as little as a couple bucks to as much as several hundred. Only way to truly tell is put it up for auction and see what somebody is willing to pay.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

As has been said, it's what his usually autograph on a card would go for. $10-20 at most.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Pac-Man (Level 10) mailman187666's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I'm sure it would be hard to gauge value. I'm sure its worth more to me than what I could actually sell it for. I collect Saturn games too, so it makes the collection that much sweeter to me....kinda puts a personal touch to it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

I'm sure it would be hard to gauge value. I'm sure its worth more to me than what I could actually sell it for. I collect Saturn games too, so it makes the collection that much sweeter to me....kinda puts a personal touch to it.
    I totally agree. I was able to score Peter Cullen's autograph 3 years ago and I don't think I could ever sell it.

Insert Coin (Level 0) Dashopepper's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Do you think it's worth more or less then my brothers Metroid Fusion signed by former Bears linebacker Brian Urlacher lol? He was at a Circuit City doing autographs and we bought the game while in line.

Great Puma (Level 12)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Not really. As several of us have stated, the value is whatever his autograph goes for. It's cool that it has sentimental value to you, but you posted this in the what's it worth section, so the resale value is actually not hard to determine as there are plenty of Frank Thomas items being sold all the time.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Quote Originally Posted by fluid_matrix View Post
    I totally agree. I was able to score Peter Cullen's autograph 3 years ago and I don't think I could ever sell it.
    Quite a big difference. Thomas has signed thousands of items, not to mention the usual fraud factor in sports memorabilia. Cullen rarely appears in public.

When it comes to off the wall items, the truth is they aren't worth much more than had the guy signed a ball, photo, or whatever. For baseball, signed bats are worth a lot more, as are jerseys. That's only because they CHARGE a lot more to have them signed! Sports-wise, personal items of the player (Game used, or other personal stuff) would be worth much more. Those are unique to begin with.

The OP may find someone who is a Saturn fanatic who would pay more, you never know. I've met several celebrities over the years who have been licensed onto games, but I rarely think hmm, I'd like to get them to sign a game. I usually figure it's better to have them sign an item more closely related to their work. Diecast car, baseball, photo, fake prop, etc.
    Last edited by Greg2600; 07-29-2014 at 04:57 PM.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK