Quote Originally Posted by Falco Girgis View Post
My favorite criticism. I taught myself to code for the Sega Dreamcast at age 14 and have been developing indie games since then for a decade. I have an undergraduate in computer engineering, and I have worked as a professional software engineer developing fiber optic routing equipment while pursuing a masters degree in GPU architecture. I also worked part-time developing with the Unity3D engine at a startup game development studio for awhile, professionally... Perhaps I am "aggressively" trying to support a wide range of platforms, because I'm an experienced engineer with a passion for tinkering with hardware? Just a thought...
What other indie games have you developed in the last 10 years? I assumed this was your first project, I didn't see any mention that you made other games before. Maybe I just overlooked that.

Kindly show me a game maker game with full dynamic 3D lighting, bump mapping, specular highlighting, pixel perfect shadows, 3D rigid body physics, and 3D positional surround sound, and I will agree with you.
There is The Witch's House, no idea if it has the same technical aspects you've mentioned but the lighting does follow around the character as you travel through the house. Plus everything looks beautifully done graphically. Comparing both games, which game looks better visually?

Here are shots from your game. Is the character running into the roof of the buildings? As if everything is completely flat without depth?

And what's with the skewed graphics? Are they stretched out?

That and the scale is way off, at least as it is right now. The sword is bigger than he is. At least it's named "Old Adventurer's Sword", I was worried the game would be too generic.

I mean no offense... But you can't have seen many Kickstarters. This is a VERY common reward, and usually this kind of thing costs thousands. The reward tiers for our Kickstarter are all cheaper than other Kickstarters by a pretty significant amount... I know, because I personally researched when putting together our campaign.
Please show me another kickstarter campaign that has "sleep on our couch" as a reward for $500, I did look up various other projects and never saw anything comparable like this. Never saw any place advertising sleeping on a couch for thousands either, hotels cost less than that. If you're talking about spending money to meet the developers, usually that's with people like Al Lowe or Richard Garriott, well known people already well regarded in the industry.

Of course it's possible! Contrary to what you may believe, we didn't pull any of these stretch goals or prices out of our asses. We planned out all of the coding, logistics, and budgeting for all of these... This one is actually pretty trivial to accomplish from an engineering perspective. The price is for hosting a server and developing a back-end for storing the saves in the cloud...
Just a question about the saves, are they all stored in a cloud? Meaning if that goes down, the games can't save anymore? Or is the cloud feature a type of bonus backup feature?

Is that so? We will do as little or as much work as people would ask of us... We have plenty of people who are extremely grateful with how open we've been at this tier, basically giving them the freedom to use our own tools to develop it exactly the way they want to. You're putting words into our mouths here.
That's good to know. It would have been better if this was clearer on the site, but at least it's clarified now.