Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Cherry (Level 1) wizardofwor1975's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    That was always my problem, Atari 8-bit games are so damn hard to find around here. Years back I found a bunch of good games including a lot of third-party cartridges, and I excitedly posted about it online, only to have people basically say "so?" To them it was no big deal, finding Atari XE carts must be easy where they're from. Around my area it's next to impossible. That bunch of games I ended up getting around maybe 2005 or 2006, I only found more third-party cartridges about a month or so ago. Usually on the off-chance I ever find 8-bit carts, they're usually BASIC or Pac-Man or something dirt common. I would totally love to get a good selection of XEGS games, they just aren't out there in the wild. Or at least my area.
    That's definitely been my hesitation with pulling the trigger on an XEGS. I love the games on the A8/XEGS but the availability of reasonably priced carts is kinda disappointing. If you just want Donkey Kong, Missile Command, Star Raiders, Pole Position, and Congo Bongo your golden but if your looking for games like H.E.R.O., Karateka, Choplifter!, or Pitfall II be prepared to spend some cash. Even Orc Attack is going for nearly fifty bucks not including shipping. I love Orc Attack but not for $50 bucks.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATARI-Orc-At...item27ef3ce7c6

On the upside Blue Max & Star Trek SOS are going for less than $20 though. Until I pick up a reasonably priced XEGS I guess I'll go on collecting C64 carts. Recently I added Choplifter and Buck Rogers to my 64 cart collection.
    Last edited by wizardofwor1975; 10-28-2014 at 09:45 PM.