Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Default Time Gal and Ninja Hayate

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150512_181923.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	58.7 KB 
ID:	7973Now, I know that both of these games were released in the US on the Sega CD, but this Saturn release has started to command a remarkably high price on the secondary market, especially for being ports of fairly easy to get US versions of laser disc games. This Saturn compilations contains both Time Gal and Ninja Hayate, released here as Revenge of the Ninja.

The biggest difference between this collection and the prior releases would be the video quality. This Saturn version features much clearer picture that uses the whole screen without frames, and the animated outlines are less grainy. The sound quality is also much better, which is of course a huge plus in a game in which audio and visual fidelity comprise 90% of the experience. The input response feels slightly better to me on the Saturn, which is a plus as well.

The games each come on their own disc in a double case. There isn't a ton in the way of extra content or anything... just upgraded ports of some of the better laser discs games to originate in Japan. I'm not sure what has driven the demand and price so high on these... I'm pretty sure I paid $20 for this a couple of years ago for a pristine copy with a free copy of Revenge of the Ninja with a dinged up case. I can't imagine anyone getting so excited as to pay the more than $100 this seems to go for now, but if you can find it cheap and enjoy the laser disc games of the past, these cleaned up versions of two Sega CD "classics" are a lot of fun.
    Last edited by celerystalker; 05-12-2015 at 06:43 PM.