Thread: Selling my sharp nes tv, have questions

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default Selling my sharp nes tv, have questions

I cross posted this at racketboy to get as many answers as possible on this, sorry if it's a re-run. **Updated, this isn't an IF, I am going to sell it.

To be honest in the last year, other than to test a game out here and there or play a N64 a couple times I've not used it at all. I'm thinking I may want to let it go, but I'm kind of at a loss for the best method both in getting the most out of it, but also the safest so it doesn't get wrecked or get online scammed.

The TV I have, no current pics at the moment, is entirely complete, nothing broken off of it, and when I got it around 3 years back I opened it up, cleaned it out nicely and fine tuned all of it using the schematics online. I've got the 2 black controllers that work great, and I have the remote and while it works it's damaged as it was cracked on the side when I got it.

I've seen horror stories of them going through the mail(ups/etc) or even with freight crates and feet being bent/sheered off, the flimsy boards inside getting cracked from being thrown around, or the CRT itself coming loose in the frame which is all bad clearly.

What would one of you in my position do with selling this if I did it? Local pickup only? Packing seems to be playing with fire. I bought this from the original owner, it's complete and all original parts with lower hours on it since he was an adult when it came out.

I put an album of pictures of the TV online: http://s232.photobucket.com/user/tan...?sort=9&page=1
    Last edited by Tanooki; 09-26-2014 at 06:16 PM.