Thread: Anyone buying Nintendo Amiibos?

FPGA arm-based system Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

I think very many people are going to want the duck hunt, rob (both versions), mr. game & watch, and the two 8-bit marios that are going to be packaged with mario maker. These are all going to be released in the US around Christmas time and I really hope Nintendo makes enough of these.

Its so annoying the Nintendo is making 2 different 8-bit Marios. We already have 4 different mario amiibos, and we are going to get dr. mario and the 2 different 8-bit marios. DO WE REALLY NEED 7 MARIO AMIIBOS??? One is a 8-bit Mario is going to be an Europe exclusive which will make it expensive for sure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I broke down and got the Mega Man Amiibo the other day. I had some trade-in credit at a local independent game store, and it was the only time I'd seen Mega Man in the 'wild'. I planned to take him out of the box, but since I can't actively use him for anything, and the packaging presents him nicely, I'll just leave him in there for now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bb_hood View Post
    I think very many people are going to want the duck hunt, rob (both versions), mr. game & watch, and the two 8-bit marios that are going to be packaged with mario maker. These are all going to be released in the US around Christmas time and I really hope Nintendo makes enough of these.

Its so annoying the Nintendo is making 2 different 8-bit Marios. We already have 4 different mario amiibos, and we are going to get dr. mario and the 2 different 8-bit marios. DO WE REALLY NEED 7 MARIO AMIIBOS??? One is a 8-bit Mario is going to be an Europe exclusive which will make it expensive for sure.
    No doubt which is sad on all accounts. Duck Hunt, the ROB, and one of those 8bit Mario's I'd take. I haven't bought any mario anything amiibo as they do nothing for me. I just have my SMB3 raccoon mario jumper toy on the desk with the amiibo at this point.

Great Puma (Level 12) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I really like Amiibo and like collecting them. I'm just waiting for the bronze Mario Amiibo.

Objectively, what would be the rarest Amiibo? Wii Fit Trainer?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Tupin View Post
    I really like Amiibo and like collecting them. I'm just waiting for the bronze Mario Amiibo.

Objectively, what would be the rarest Amiibo? Wii Fit Trainer?
    Well concerning rarity its really a mixed bag.
    First off, people act like the North American versions are the 'rarer' variants, but I really think the market over here is just way larger than in Europe or Japan. More North American versions have been produced and sold for sure, its just that they are so popular you cant find certain ones in stores. The US wii fit trainer and villager amiibos would sell (on ebay) for like 80-100$, pit and little mac used to be 70-90$ before they restocked them. The Japanese or European versions of these 4 can easily be had for about 20$.
    Second, now we got all this 'first print' crap to deal with. So if you want one that was released in the very beginning you will have to pay more. The only real difference is the back of the card and the serial number.

That being said, what really makes these 'expensive' is the packaging. Any specific figure can be found (for the most part) for 20$ so its hard to say which figures are the rarest, all of them are just not rare. However I do think the Gold Mario will probably end up being one of the rarest. I could see Gold Mario being one figure they just dont make any more of. Silver Mario on the other hand, seems to be really common. Best Buy and Toys-r-us always seem to have them in stock.

The figures that are considered the 'rarest' ones have been wii fit trainer, marth, and villager. If I remember correctly Nintendo announced sometime last winter that they were going to discontinue these three. Of course, this resulted in everybody flocking to walmart and best buy and everything sold out. Then people started calling these three the 'holy trinity' and everybody went apeshit over them.
    Of course, Nintendo has reprinted all 3 since then.

Might also want to keep an eye on Target over the next 2 weeks:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comm...getcom_update/
    Looks like they are going to have more Marth, Wii Fit, Jiggly, Charizard, Wario, and a ton of Rosalinas.
    Last edited by bb_hood; 07-07-2015 at 10:14 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

I'll admit that I bought a Gold Mario Amiibo for beyond the MSRP because I know it's gonna retain value. I just wonder if there's someone who will eventually own all the Smash Bros. Amiibo. Not that they're all out, but you know someone will.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

I just wonder if there's someone who will eventually own all the Smash Bros. Amiibo.
    Oh of course, It really not that hard of a collection to build if you can score them at retail price. Including the ones not released yet there will be about 50.
    Ive met alot of people who have all of the released ones so far. If you were down with collecting them in the beginning it wasnt super hard to find the rares like wii fit and marth in stores.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'd say Villlager would top the list. Then Marth. Pit and Shulk are up there as well. Robin and Lucina will be more rare down the line. Looking forward I can see Dark Pit be one of them since its a Best Buy exclusive most likely.

All I'm missing right now is Lucina and Luigi. Luigi I don't intend on buying because frankly I don't like him. I also got the Splatoon and Mario Party ones sans Luigi of course, as well. I'm looking forward to R.O.B. and Duck Hunt. Those I would actually line up for as I see them being in high demand and limited supply.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroCool View Post
    All I'm missing right now is Lucina and Luigi. Luigi I don't intend on buying because frankly I don't like him.
    Thats funny because I feel the same way, Im only missing 7 Smash Amiibos and one is Luigi because I just dont want him. Hes the only one I just really dont like. I wont give him any shelf space. I like the Mario Party Luigi but the smash one I think is kinda dumb.

I think villager is probably the 'rarest' between him, marth and wii fit. Captain Falcon is really hard to find also.
    Last edited by bb_hood; 07-08-2015 at 07:21 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Don't want to turn this into a trade thread, but Sheik, rare? I can get those almost everywhere around here and might trade for some that I'm looking for.

Continuing the Luigi comments: I went to a TRU as they were closing to see if they had good sale prices on games. The only Amiibo that they had left was Luigi and they had at least thirty.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Don't want to turn this into a trade thread, but Sheik, rare? I can get those almost everywhere around here and might trade for some that I'm looking for.
    Shulk, not Shiek.
    Shulk is hard to find, he was a Gamestop exclusive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Anyone else get down to Gamestop this morning? They had limited quantities of Ness and King Dedede.
    The store I was at had 7 Ness and 2 Dededes, good thing I was second in line.
    Both figures appeared on the GS online store for sale this morning as well, but they sold out in 15 minutes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Seems to be the same story here, called the one up the street from me, they have a pile of NESS, but only got 2 DEDEDE and they're gone. He said the NOA rep showed up with the shipment today, and told manager(guy I talked to) in the next couple of months they're going to do a wide reprint of all the older stuff no one can find. That's good news, scalpers beware, your profits are going to drop if they do enough of them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    Seems to be the same story here, called the one up the street from me, they have a pile of NESS, but only got 2 DEDEDE and they're gone. He said the NOA rep showed up with the shipment today, and told manager(guy I talked to) in the next couple of months they're going to do a wide reprint of all the older stuff no one can find. That's good news, scalpers beware, your profits are going to drop if they do enough of them.
    It was bound to happen. Nintendo (like Poochy) ain't stupid. They know people want them and they know they sell.
    Nintendo has been reprinting them for a few months now. Marth was available when wave 4 came out, Meta Knight was restocked not long after that, Wii Fit Trainer had a small restock at Gamestop and Bestbuy and will be sold at Target sometime this month. Pit has been restocked at Gamestop online at least 3 times now and he has been on amazon for retail price as well. The Ness and Dedede amiibos are restocks. The reason all GS locations got 2 or 3 Dedede is because they were behind on preorders. Rosalina will be at target along with Jiggly and other wave 4 characters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I think it's just best to not even almost care about it. Just walk in, if it's there great, if not, they'll sort it out. It's just the best not to let the scum win and overpay over being impatient. It's not like the care for Smash Bros in particular is going to fall off anytime soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

I am getting tired of this amiibo bullshit.

All I want is Dedede and Meta Knight, not because of collecting purposes, but because I love Kirby. I only purchase those amiibos that interest me, like Kirby, Mega Man, and Pac Man. I dont care about rarities and such.

But its a fucking pain. Gamestop got a few Dedede's in yesterday, like 2-3, only for them to be sold between associates. Today they had Ness, which I was barely able to get one.

I know of the situation regarding the docks, strike, and that bull. But all this is fucking ludicrous. I may never get a Dedede or Meta Knight all because of Nintendo's fucktard practices.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    PSN
    bb_hood99

I woke up late and Pit, Wario, Charizard, Wii Fit Trainer and Marth were sold out. Stupid Target!!!
    I did order a Rosalina and Jiggly, and it came to like 27$ shipped which is cool.

Rosalina and Jiggly are still up for sale.

edit - 5 minutes later Rosalina sold out
    Last edited by bb_hood; 07-10-2015 at 05:33 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Goddamnit, Target had Pit and Charizard?! GRRRR damned scalpers.

I went into gamestop today on the way back from picking my kid up, they had NESS, so since I kind of like it and it falls into my 8/16bit games I had of the era map I grabbed it, cool little figure and nothing near as nauseating as what the Japanese toys go for on ebay too. The dude told me again like before the Nintendo rep promises all those ones people scalp will be back in stores in the next couple months from now. I joked to him, yeah one of each, and we were both hoping that wasn't the case.

megaskirby totally understand your issue, you and I are the same. While you're sticking to one game, I'm sticking to what I had as a kid/teen in elementary school through highschool, yet I'm also avoiding the overly common stuff I really don't feel the need to grab up due to overstock(kirby himself, the SMB crew stuff.) I just have as I said earlier Samus, Toon Link(exception to rule chose it over Ocarina looking Link), Mega Man and Pac-Man, today Ness. I'd like to get Pit, Cap'n Falcon, Little Mac, Fox, Charizard of the current ones. Upcoming if memory serves the ROB(I had a test launch system), Duck Hunt, maybe one of those 8bit Marios, probably it as Game&Watch guy is just bland. I'd go for the Fire Emblem guys too if they served a purpose to me at the time like Shulk which is too late to matter now. I have just once ever seen Dedede and it was a few at Meijer back when it came out, that one time, never restocked. I've never seen MetaKnight in person.

Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Guys, why don't you just wait 5 - 10 years for the fervor to die down and scoop these up when they are like $5 apiece for used ones online?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Good question, don't have a good enough answer to bother. Maybe the hunt, the hunt not to get ripped off?