I'm playing A Boy and His Blob right now, and this is the thought that keeps running thru my head. I really like the game, the concept is fantastic, but its just a little rough around the edges, I think, if they had been ironed out, it coulda made this one of the best NES games. Idk if it was a pc game also, tho.

The few issues I've noticed is, number one, the graphics are a bit of a let-down, I know it's NES and graphics are not everything to me, but the background is just plain black, and a lot of the areas feel drab and coulda really been done better, imo. The level design is good tho, and the gameplay is really fun, altho without a guide of some kind, if u don't know the game, u'll end up falling to ur death a lot, so theres some trial and error required of the player. Plus, theres a few little glitches where you'll wind up trying to feed the blob a jellybean only to have it not work right, or he won't eat it. The other glitch being that u can walk out into space sometimes on a nonexistent platform.

It is a great game tho, it's fun, and I know it's a well-known and praised game, but there are definately better NES games that are not talked about as much. To me, this game was begging for a few sequels, if only to improve a few things and work out some of the kinks. It has so much potential to really be an amazing game, it could be on the same level as Metroid even, but its just not quite there.