Thread: American Super Street Figthter II with Japanese Names? Help!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Pac-Man (Level 10) Blitzwing256's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    blitzwing256
    PSN
    blitzwing256

There was a short run of early sf2's that had the wrong chips in the cases, there was a thread about this a few years ago here. pretty neat to come across i've never found one myself.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzwing256 View Post
    There was a short run of early sf2's that had the wrong chips in the cases, there was a thread about this a few years ago here. pretty neat to come across i've never found one myself.
    You still think it was Early?, because i remember getting the game as a birthday gift from an old friend from my sister in the late 90s and he told me it was acquired on Toy's R Us, and it came CIB. and it was no Majesco Reprint (i don't think they did reprinted that one, but there were many SNES games being sold cheaply there in the late 90s and the year 2000).

And i did sold it in the mid 00s...............i regret selling that one game on the SNES.

However i do know that this unique editions were sold more directly in mexico on Bundles, a cousin of mine got one in the year 2000 and it have the same game as well. (the bundle was actually from 96, probably was an unsold one).

Last edited by Gatucaman; 12-04-2014 at 12:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Now that's a clincher right there with the SSF2 art on the SNES box and in your region with it being a US box, but the Spanish sticker pointing to a Japanese version of the (board) game in the box which would have been in a SNES shell since the SFC slot is different.

About the music I think all of them on the SNES were better than SFC, but I guess that's personal taste. I'll admit I played a good bit of SSF2 in the day, but played the crap out of SF2 far more since I co-learned it on an arcade cabinet at the same time so I could kick people off the thing and not lose my quarters.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

By the way, those pics aren't mine, they ere rescued from one of he old threads.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I too prefer the US version of the music. It is kind of cool that they bothered to make these revisions though. I wonder what compelled them.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What hurt it was the over compression of the voice samples (which weren't that perfect in the Jp version to begin with :P) as well of the change of some of them, and i don't mean the changes to Spiral Drill to Cannon Drill, i mean that they change Sagat's voice sample when he throws people with the old one from SF2 world warrior!, or that matter, Ryu & Ken share the same sample when they throw people but in different pitch, and that the voice samples of Ryu, Ken, Chunli are OVERLY compressed, seriously, Chun li sounds manish in the US version, and Ryu like a monster.

they also have lower volume if you know what i mean.

Call me nitpicker but i was so used to playing the japanese version because i used to have that one, and i was very young to adapt to the US version that i rented back when i was 10.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I won't call you a nitpicker. Let's say observant.