Thread: Universal headset for last gen consoles and PC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zthun
    PSN
    Zthun
    Steam
    Zthun

Default Universal headset for last gen consoles and PC.

So basically, right now I have separate turtle beach headsets for each platform I have -one for PC, one for 360 and one for PS3.

Does anyone have a setup that can be used for all platforms? I'm looking for a wireless solution where I would, at most, have to relink the headset with a different base (like a controller). Has anyone done this or am I stuck with different solutions for different platforms? I'm not worried about cost right now either - only the possible options.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zthun
    PSN
    Zthun
    Steam
    Zthun

Quote Originally Posted by Zthun View Post
    So basically, right now I have separate turtle beach headsets for each platform I have -one for PC, one for 360 and one for PS3.

Does anyone have a setup that can be used for all platforms? I'm looking for a wireless solution where I would, at most, have to relink the headset with a different base (like a controller). Has anyone done this or am I stuck with different solutions for different platforms? I'm not worried about cost right now either - only the possible options.
    Just in case anyone was interested in the answer to this question, I went with Turtle Beach's Earforce PX4 which has some pretty good support for devices. The microphone supports bluetooth and the speaker input is digital audio (which means it supports more than advertised). So far, I've tested with 360, PS3, and PC and it works great. This is the first time I've ever had to use S/PDIF output, but I'm satisfied with it so far.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Not bad. I kind of went nearly the same route last week. Turtle Beach Earforce P12 branded for the PS4. It uses USB or the classic 3.5" jack for the headset part, needs the USB for the mic and that added part has a long cord on it and a module for on/off the mic, independent volume, and a bass booster and it works on anything I have here just like your list of stuff.