Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else just not interested in PS4 or X1?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    NOPHIX
    PSN
    Nophix

Default Anyone else just not interested in PS4 or X1?

The wife and I got our taxes back. Our normal course of action is to throw a chunk in savings, catch up on vehicle maintenance and stock up on kid stuff during the sales, then take a chunk and throw it towards our gaming hobby.

This year, we were all set to buy either 1 or both of the new consoles. We already have a WiiU, which we love.

When the 360 came out, I had to have one. I got a launch unit, and it goes down as probably my favorite console ever. I picked up a PS3 a couple years later, wife and kids love it, me, not so much.

Well, I went to visit my parents over Xmas, and was watching the ordeal my brother had to go through just to play a new X1 game. My god, what happened to just sticking the disc in and playing? Also, I can download and install AAA titles off Steam and be playing in a couple minutes. This thing was pulling from a disc and it took an hour!

Add to that it doesn't seem worlds better than my 360, and I'm all in for waiting for them to get cheaper. Same thing with the PS4.

I must be getting old or something. I love my Vita and 3ds. The WiiU is getting a good amount of play time. My 360 is still hands down my favorite console. I just can't seem to fork over the cash for either of the new consoles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Not interested in the XB1 in the least bit even for KI.Though last year i got a PS4 mostly for bloodborne which comes out in march.Still exclusive for the PS4 have really trickle out,sony really needs to step up on that.

ServBot (Level 11) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I'm not jumping on board either. Last gen I only got a Wii because after a more than a year I actually saw them in a store, and my father-in-law really wanted me to get one (he was with me at the time). And I only really got a PS3 initially because it had a blu-ray player.

This gen I have a WiiU because, well, Zelda edition (I'm hopeless). It is great for the reasons that Nintendo is great (zelda, mario, pikmin, 1st party etc.). And the other two? Well, same as you, I have a nice gaming PC and prices drop so damn fast on Steam. Between that and my backlog going back to NES and SMS, well the shine on the newest stuff just doesn't seem as bright. I dunno, this is probably an old story by now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess I should say I'm not currently interested, but if Rockstar ever makes a sequel to Bully (which they've been hinting for several years they want to), that alone would be enough for me to get either a WiiU or PS4, whichever.
    Social Justice Warrior and proud of it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I am kind of interested in the PS4 and happened to get one last year when I was able to pull some magic and score it for 1/2 off. There are 6 games on the shelf, have had a couple other turds like Destiny I've sold off and it mainly gets used for movies and other stuff as of late because of my new laptop for PC gaming and a few other odds and ends including the 3DS.

I'd never touch the X1 and for the reasons you wrote, not that the PS4 doesn't have some of that too but handles it in a somewhat less annoying way more often than not. I've never been a fan of the console era of storage devices, it's a horse shit period now that allows unfinished product to come to the stores and use your full price paying consumers as final beta testers which is reprehensible. People don't seem to mind, probably also don't realize one day that those patches won't be around anymore and you'll have a broken disc to screw with if you even care anymore. When the PS3 got put out to pasture here as a bluray/netflix box on the main TV I got rid of the games and that's entirely why -- patches, slow bitchy installs, and all the other bloat and harassment which won't age well once support ceases so I saw no reason to bother. It's sad that at least with an android device (nexus, phone, mad cats mojo tv thing, etc) you can always update and still use what you ahve and carry it over painlessly and these consoles since the last generation won't get the same respect. I find it quite the turn off. Maybe it's age, but I think it's a lot more having some general sense of value and self respect but I'd rather buy something that's a finished product I won't have to worry about as soon as it's opened or a bit later about it working right in the future.

ConsoleGeek
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    ChadChops

I have all three current generation consoles and they all have their pros and cons. As for graphics they are better than last generation but yes the jump currently isn't huge but we had the same thing last generation too. Look at the late XBox games and then look at the launch XBox 360 games and they don't look that different. Then look at the late XBox 360 games and that looks like it's on a completely different console, the same thing will happen this generation.

The PS4 and XBox One both have their issues but they play some really fun games and in the end that's all the matters. I actually haven't even turned on my PS3 or Xbox 360 since I picked up the current generation games in late 2013.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Zthun
    PSN
    Zthun
    Steam
    Zthun

Once NIS releases Disgaea 5 on the PS4, then I will show interest. Until then, there's no point in a new console. Exclusives are all that matter to me now. If anything, I would say the WiiU is the best of the current gen.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Bulking up our PCs in our house and likely skipping this console generation until much, much later. We'll re-examine some of the exclusives and see if we care enough to try them out.

Just don't see the point in bothering.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    NOPHIX
    PSN
    Nophix

I'm sure I'll buy both, but I'm guessing I'll be waiting a couple years for the libraries to bulk up and prices to come down.

In the mean time, looks like PS3 titles are getting cheap!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    megasdkirby
    PSN
    megasdkirby

No interest, many factors:

-Extremely tight income, barely enough for the bills and food
    -Many...MANY games I have yet to play from past consoles. Can last me forever, basically.
    -Price not attractive. Reduce to at least $250 to consider.
    -Fearful of shoddy hardware. Will wait at least two years to make sure all or at least most kinks are taken care off.
    -Little games of interest.
    -Quite a considerable loss of interest in gaming. Just not the same as before/in the past.
    -Other worries/priorities in life, mostly involving self improvement and finding inner purpose.

I bet there is more...can't think of any at the moment, though.
    Proud owner of a Neo 25 Neo Geo Candy Cab!

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

PS4 yes, but only for a grey version or unless something more gooder comes out for it.

xbone no. done with xbox consoles

Crono (Level 14) Custom rank graphic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I've owned a PS4 since November and I'm pretty disappointed for right now. The exclusives on the system aren't very good, while everything else is just a port of a last gen game. Hotline Miami, a digital title, is probably one of my most played games on the system, a game I've already finished on the PS3, Vita, and PC prior to downloading it and playing it on my PS4. Next to that is Diablo 3, yet another port. The only exclusive I've played, and thought would be amazing, is Infamous Second Son, but that game is garbage compared to even the very first Infamous.

So right now I'm not really happy with my PS4. I'm not happy with my Vita and 3DS either though to be honest. Most of the Vita games are unplayable ports of PS3 games, with the very rare exclusive, and the 3DS actually has some exclusives, but even those are few and far between, atleast those that are worthwhile. I can say I'm currently enjoying the 3DS right now with Fantasy Life, 40 hours and still going strong, but before that it, except for the two times I played a little bit of Fire Emblem, it was when Bravely Default came out since I even touched it for a 3DS game.

A few things I'm disappointed with the PS4 especially are the features. Sending messages on the PS4 aren't instant like they were on the PS3. Sure they'll send instantly, but if you go to look at them when the person just sends them, you might be waiting a few minutes. Sometimes the messages might even delete themselves somehow. It's just really poorly done. I don't record too often, but the PS4 also seems to record at 25fps instead of 30, it just seems really janky, and it's got a max resolution of 720p, and even during that resolution it looks like it washes out the color a bit. You also can't cut it by frames, you can only cut it by seconds. Here's the playlist I made from it though. I love Hotline Miami.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG_Xdunrofg
    Last edited by kupomogli; 02-12-2015 at 09:24 PM.
    Everything in the above post is opinion unless stated otherwise.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I just got an XBONE off of Amazon for $230 brand new and I still haven't opened it. I am not sure I am going to or not. I only bought it because it was so cheap. IDK
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yeah, both systems really haven't gotten any super, super amazing games yet. The 360 already had Oblivion and Gears by this time, I think. The PS3 already had Motorstorm and the first Uncharted by this time. Seems like these systems are kinda lagging in getting any really huge games for them.

Forza Horizon 2 for the Xbox One is an amazing game though. I mean, it's like fun on a stick. Seriously... If you like racing games, ones that aren't super serious, it's awesome.

Lvl 99 Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Nymphomatic

Last generation I favored the 360, but Microsoft lost me towards the end: I'm sick of having ads plastered all over my console, and I'm uninterested in the games coming out in general. As the market shifts to digital distribution I'm shifting to PC gaming. Eventually I can see myself getting a WiiU (for Nintendo franchises) and PS4 (for the RPGs), but not for a few years I'd imagine. I'll spend my time down picking up inexpensive wii and PS3 titles instead.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

I have no interest in modern consoles at this time. I have enough games to play through as it is, I see no reason to start buying a new console unless I find it cheap under $30. I just got a Wii maybe a month ago so I'll see if there's any games worth playing on it. Sold off my 3DS just last week, I'll maybe buy another one when it's cheaper like a GBA SP and the games are in the $5-$10 range. There's really nothing I'm desperate to play on modern consoles.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    I just got a Wii maybe a month ago so I'll see if there's any games worth playing on it.
    I primarily got one so I could install the Homebrew Channel and let it be my emulation machine. I don't have many actual Wii games yet, but among the ones I do have, I'd recommend Sin And Punishment Star Successor and Mad World. If you remember Smash TV, Mad World is like Smash TV on steroids.
    Social Justice Warrior and proud of it!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

I think an article probably could be written up against the entire run of all 3 systems this go around in how all three have been partly to entirely mismanaged and it is the root cause of their crappier than expected sales. Price isn't as much of an issue seeing Sony didn't play the $600 is cheap angle and MS behind it with a buggy box that's just a hundred less (hell they role reversed.) Nintendo I think the WiiU is explanatory everything that went and does go wrong there as long as you're not just oblivious and caught up in the first party magic.

The reason I have a PS4 right now that I got mid last year was sheer luck. I found one go up on ebay for $300 shipped, no picture, nothing, risked it as it was new. It ended up being a $500 costco bundle with 3 games they threw in the box and taped back up, of which all sucked (Killzone, NBA2K14, and Knack which could have been good if they didn't screw up the mechanics.) I ended up also having this left over gift card, so between selling those and the card I got it for just under $200 shipped. Then this local dude had a 3 new games for 100 sale here in town so when they were all still full price titles I ended up with Lego Movie, Wolfenstein and Tomb Raider. I basically put very little at all into getting into it or i wouldn't have at all. Since then I got rid of shitty Destiny and Last of Us which is a huge let down, and have Pinball, LBP3, and Retro City Rampage DX -- that's it. The next game I grab will be Final Fantasy Type0. I don't give a crap about the lame online features for making movies, gloating, the share button or the rest. I just play the discs, watch blu rays, and it gets used when I feel the need or it sits, but it sits far less than the WiiU ever did. The 3DS still gets the most use and it's spotty because it has had a general lack of things to care about out for it for quite awhile aside from what Nintendo puts out for some sad reason....hopefully the new 3DS.

I think it's not as much a problem of a lack of interest in the PS4/X1, but a lack of anything special released on them you can't get in better form on the PC if you have a semi-modern decent one with an average video card and at least 8GB of ram in the system. As this year rolls though that will change entirely, more looking at what's coming by far for PS4 over the X1. MS seems to lack the exclusives because even when they get one like Titanfall a superior version hits the PC. At least the uniques that Sony gets stay stuck on their system justifying a purchase.

In a way I guess I'm starting to go in the direction Daria said, as things go digital I'm more going towards the PC. At least on the computer even when it's digital you can back that junk up and keep a copy around for a lot of stuff, but on a console you're stuck on their unique hardware, network, and really self serving terms of service which is not appealing. I think long term I may just keep one if that modern system around for the unique games and otherwise let it sit as the computer will suffice and handhelds we'll just see how they go. There's so many fools out there who don't care if they own what they pay for it's killing the market for a dedicated handheld under that and crap IAP, freemiums and dollar to five buck quick play instant gratification garbage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    NOPHIX
    PSN
    Nophix

I've been doing more Steam stuff, but I run a MacBook, so I have to use my wife's for a lot of them. Honestly, hers does play better anyhow, since it's an Asus republic of Gamers machine. But, it's set up for her.

I also wind up playing portable quite a bit. I love my 3ds dearly, as well as my PSP. I also just picked up a Vita, which is awesome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was much less interested this gen than I was last gen but eventually got an Xbox One for Halo: The Masterchief Collection. During launch you were better off playing the campaign but luckily the majority of multiplayer issues were fixed by mid December. I've picked up a few cheap games for it as well but have mostly been playing Halo:MCC and Call of Duty: AW when solo and when my girlfriend comes over I'll play all the various free games they give you each month for being a gold member.

I have zero interest in either the PS4 or Wii U. The Wii U did finally get some decent games last year but the PS4 has nothing on it that would make me drop any amount of money on it. I was one of those people that had every system the last few gens but I realized I just don't have time to play everything anymore with work, my girlfriend and my social life so this gen will be Xbox One and 3DS only, although I still pick up Wii U and PS4 games for cheap to use for trades or to sell.

Having said that, I have been somewhat underwhelmed by this whole gen so far when it comes to all the systems. I know it's still very early but the 360 was such a classic system last gen that it's difficult for any of the newer systems to compare to that. I would have picked up an Xbox One eventually(preferably when the hard drives were larger than 1 TB as my Call of Duty system is) but I wouldn't have minded waiting another year or two before doing so. If theres another generation after this one I might pass on that entirely.
    ALL HAIL THE 1 2 P
    Quote Originally Posted by THE 1 2 P
    Why? Once you've seen one partially-exposed butthole you've seen them all.