Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: New Turbo Grafx 16 System

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default FS: New Turbo Grafx 16 System

In the past, many have asked for a small fortune for these. I'm asking 400.
    PM me if interested.
    Last edited by thisIsLoneWolf; 03-15-2015 at 11:29 AM.

Pretzel (Level 4) miaandjohnrule's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    OriginalRope

I may be interested. Pics?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

This is still available. Feel free to make an offer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Got pictures? feedback? references from past buyers or transactions?
    My DP Refs MaximumRD Classic Gaming and Computing Me in a Nutshell (NOT LITERALLY!) http://about.me/maximumrd
    WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO?

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I can vouch for him. Just purchased his PC Engine New Games lot and everything was as described and he even threw in some freebies. Great guy to do business with!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hubz View Post
    I can vouch for him. Just purchased his PC Engine New Games lot and everything was as described and he even threw in some freebies. Great guy to do business with!
    Says the guy with one post...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That is pretty suspicious, that and the price was no deal from what had sold at ebay at the time when it was posted too which I found interesting. There's no small fortune involved when you see that.

TE Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

if this was legit then the seller would post pics for such a gem

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I don't usually bother replying to unfounded cynicism. Sadly, such negativity has become too common on game forum sites these days.

I'm an honest and reputable person to deal with. I've always treated fellow members with respect, and I'm here because I'm a fan of games, and the people who play them.

To blatantly proclaim this FS post as not legitimate, simply because a photo wasn't attached, is nonsensible. turboexpress, you're basically calling out every member here, who has a FS thread without a publicly posted photo. I didn't see a PM from you requesting any photos either.

Tanooki, I kindly welcome you, encourage you, and even challenge you, to post links to "what had sold at ebay at the time when it was posted", which show my price to be anything less than a deal. If new turbo grafx systems are a thing you see much of at all these days, then I'd already be very surprised!

By the way, Hubz is a real guy who completed a real transaction with me. Incidentally, he also happens to be kind of new around here, but I appreciate the kind words just the same!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but I don't think you'll find many here willing to agree with yours on the point I made. This is a private forum, people here aren't going to pay the high paying values of ebay here. Just throw it up there for $450, let them get their 10% and you'll have your $400. This is an old and good standing community and we tend to do people favors here.

I do agree though calling bs on it due to a lack of pictures though isn't right. I'm sure you're legit.

This one didn't sell twice at $500 with free shipping, relisted it twice at that rate: http://www.ebay.com/itm/TurboGrafx-1...item3aa6c607b6
    It's now active at $300 (again free shipping) with 3 days to go here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/TurboGrafx-1.../251945330500? We'll just have to see where it ends I suppose. Keep in mind he'll lose 10% to ebay, and roughly 3%+ 30 cents to paypal as well + whatever his shipping expense will be which should be on the order of probably $25~ maybe more depending on distance. That originally went up a month ago.

You're right a lot of foolish ebay'rs have asked a small fortune for these, and they're still up there for the insane low price range of $900-1300. At that price it wouldn't surprise me if it were some collectors just putting up a free trophy prize show off post because anyone who wasn't serious would take that dough and just buy another and keep the rest.

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

There's no problem with asking any price you'd like here, that's not against the rules or anything. You can ask ebay rates or higher if you wanted to.

The main issue is that a relatively new member with few posts is advertising something very rare and valuable for sale with no pictures of the item or feedback, and the only person backing this poster up is another new member with no posts at all except for this 1 endorsement post. If any of this doesn't seem suspicious at all, I don't know what else would. People being cautious with buying things online from strangers should be expected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thisIsLoneWolf View Post
    I don't usually bother replying to unfounded cynicism. Sadly, such negativity has become too common on game forum sites these days.

I'm an honest and reputable person to deal with. I've always treated fellow members with respect, and I'm here because I'm a fan of games, and the people who play them.

To blatantly proclaim this FS post as not legitimate, simply because a photo wasn't attached, is nonsensible. turboexpress, you're basically calling out every member here, who has a FS thread without a publicly posted photo. I didn't see a PM from you requesting any photos either.

Tanooki, I kindly welcome you, encourage you, and even challenge you, to post links to "what had sold at ebay at the time when it was posted", which show my price to be anything less than a deal. If new turbo grafx systems are a thing you see much of at all these days, then I'd already be very surprised!

By the way, Hubz is a real guy who completed a real transaction with me. Incidentally, he also happens to be kind of new around here, but I appreciate the kind words just the same!
    Well, you have a lot to say but again, FEEDBACK? PICTURES? what is the problem posting such things in this thread? Seriously man, sorry if you don't see why a high priced item presented from a relatively new member without feedback or pictures seems suspect than fine but if you have really done any serious buying or selling online then you must know these are not unreasonable requests. TALK IS CHEAP, simply provide a link to feedback on Ebay, other forums and some pictures showing the original time goes a long way in squashing doubt and providing some confidence. Not sure why this is the problem if you are a legit and honest seller, many of us have been burned in the past from "fly by night" scam artist. There are no guarantees of course with any online transaction but asking you to provide simple feedback & pictures IN THIS THREAD is not unreasonable and frankly if you think it is, if you cannot be bothered well why should you expect anyone to bother dealing with you? I am in agreement fully with Gameguy, providing these are normal everyday standard selling procedures, we don't know you from Jack, would you seriously buy online from a anonymous stranger? Without them even making an effort to provide some assurances?
    My DP Refs MaximumRD Classic Gaming and Computing Me in a Nutshell (NOT LITERALLY!) http://about.me/maximumrd
    WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO?

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I'm curious to see some pics

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Is this really the going rate for CIB TG-16 systems today? If so I'm so glad I got mine for $40 + shipping 6 years ago and yes, it was from a forum, not this one, a Canadian gaming forum.

Even crazier is that I wasn't the first one in line for it, someone else was and decided against getting it. Maybe he thought the price was too high

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Yes they do brand new go upwards of around the $400 rate once you remove fees and junk, and being CIB isn't that far off if it's nice, loose still is a lot too (definitely over the $100 mark.) This only happened maybe in the last I think 4 years now roughly. It almost overnight got hammered by people wanting to get a cheap instant collection, people playing it up online (like those annoying cinemassacre videos that fucked up some SNES values like Hagane), and varying other factors which easily would have included people with big wallets, smaller patience (and minds) and being adults who want their old toy back at whatever the cost. Before that wave of annoyance set in, you could struggle to sell a TG16 at $40-50. It was snubbed price wise much like the Gamecube and N64 have been for ages in that $20-30 basement and most of the games were dirt cheap, even still sealed they would be around their original retail if not lower/over by not much barring extreme fewer cases like $75 for Magical Chase US. The only thing I recall ever being somewhat 'expensive' in the 90s or even the 00s was the Duo, it still was a good $200 system or more depending if it was CIB and general shape it was in but that's it. Look what a nice CIB DUO gets now or a loose one too. >:\

I don't much advocate piracy and haven't in a long time, but if anyone ever approached me about this system...I'd tell them if they had to, save up over time and get a nice one, get the caps repaired to last before use if they haven't already, and then I'd point them to where to buy a flash cart and a few websites to download all the damn games from so they're not robbed of their life savings.

Insert Coin (Level 0)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

To quell any suspicion I am a regular on NintendoAge and have a good feedback rating there as well as my ebay account hardcorehubz. But yes first time doing a deal here or posting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    PSN
    garou5016

You probably need that $400 so you can buy a camera. hahah.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyXP View Post
    Nice.
    WHERE DID THEIR HAIR GO?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WoodyXP View Post
    I find it hard to believe that in this day and age he doesn't have access to a camera. If you don't have a phone that has a decent camera built in (do they even make such a thing anymore?) then you probably have 5 friends that do. IOW, there is zero excuse for not providing pics, especially for something that is demanding a large amount of cash.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by thisIsLoneWolf View Post
    I didn't see a PM from you requesting any photos either.
    Very strange, this implies that you can take photos but are only willing to share those photos for people in PM? Why not just post the pictures here and negate the need to post multiple times in separate private messages?