Thread: Any Recommendations for Games with Open World, First-Person Country Driving?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Question Any Recommendations for Games with Open World, First-Person Country Driving?

I know this is a bit of an odd request, but I'm looking for a game or a sim where you can drive vast swaths of land in the countryside. Cities, towns, and villages are optional. I'd like it to be in a first-person perspective, and preferably on PC. I don't need for it to contain or to be about racing. I require it to be offline, or at least have a fully-functional offline component with the aforementioned country driving.

Imagine what I'm looking for as more of a virtual road trip with lots of enjoyment of the sights along scenic routes and byways instead of a game. Also there should be the option to go off-roading whenever you want. I would be happy if the game/sim contained both elements of casual driving as well as racing for when I'm feeling adventurous, though. The game's release date can be from any decade.

Could anyone please name a game with these requirements? Or even better, do you have a sim/game worth recommending of this type?