Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Stringfellow78

Default My recent visit to Disney Quest

I recently decided I needed some retro arcade fun so a buddy and I went to Disney Quest. I had been a few years back and remember having a good time since they have a floor that is almost all old school games. I have to say I am a bit disappointed. First they raised the price of admission to about $50. If I lived closer I probably would have just left but I drove about an hour and didn't feel like turning back. One game they had in abundance was Fix it Felix and it was pretty good. Sadly most of the old games had maintenance issues mostly broken sticks or buttons. At least some games worked well though such as Asteroids Deluxe and Missile Command. Sadly though with the cost and broken controls I doubt I will return anytime soon.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

That sucks to hear that considering the price of admission. I will avoid them when I am in the area. I can't stand it when all the games have control issues.
    Cool people I have bought stuff from on this board: orrimarrko kyosuke75 dave2236 video_game_addict cloudstrife29661 NESCollector75

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Wow, seems like a terrible deal given the admission. If I paid 50 I would expect nearly every game to work. what other kinds of games did they have? any fighters, brawlers, or six-player x-men arcade type games? seems like they would try to stock on some Marvel games but then again that might make too much sense.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Stringfellow78

No marvel games but by chance a tech that works there happens to be a member on the atari museum on facebook and stated the following when I mentioned my experience "That's the unfortunate side effect of Disneyquest- 270 games,1 tech per shift, and no cast members in those roamer positions- to keep an eye on the guests- you know the ones- the ones who play ReRave by PUNCHING THE SCREEN!!!!" He also said that he is trying to get things to be better there.

Cherry (Level 1)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Stringfellow78

sadly Disney has decided to close Disney Quest rather than improve it.