Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ServBot (Level 11) Edmond Dantes's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jorpho View Post
    If there was absolutely no skill involved and you got lucky, then yes, you absolutely should hold it against the makers of the game.
    Ehm, I dunno if how it played out qualifies as just getting lucky, is the thing.

Okay, see... in Timelapse, there's this part where you find a stone tablet. The tablet displays these markings, next to pictures of objects--one mark is next to a dagger, another is against a basket, another against a coffin, etc. Now, I had seen these same marks in a combination lock earlier, so I knew they must be numbers, but I didn't see the relevance of the items they were beside. A puzzle involving crystals used these numbers too, but I managed to brute force that one.

So then I come to the combination lock, and seeing as I already know "these are numbers" I try all sorts of logical approaches--maybe the top-right one is One and the bottom right is Ten? That doesn't work. So I try every variation thereof.

Then I go back to where I saw the tablet in the first place, and look around. Earlier I had seen a treasure chest full of daggers that I didn't understand the relevance of, since you can only look at them, not interact with them in any way. Right next to that chest is some vases, and it suddenly hits me that these look just like the vases on that tablet... and that, in fact, every item on that tablet is found in the same general area as the tablet itself, in varying quantities...

And then I'm like, "you can't be serious."

But yeah, they were serious.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From your description, it sounds fine to me. The clue was there, you just didn't realize it until later. I likely would have had a hard time figuring it out too, but in games like this, I always figure it's an issue with me, not the way the game is designed and I ask myself "What have I missed? What did I overlook?".
    Social Justice Warrior and proud of it!