So I bought a SNES recently I knew was having a problem displaying games, but no real specifics of what the issue was.

So we tested this thing out, and I can't seem to find any info on what the problem is.

So, it boots up, right? And you think it's working... We tested it with two games- Chrono Trigger and Mega Man X. We also have my childhood SNES that works perfectly so we could test that and just ensure that it's the new SNES we just got, not the carts etc.

So with Chrono Trigger, the whole first screen loads.The title screen, etc. If it goes to fade to run through the demo sequence, the game stops, but still plays audio. Just nothing else, visually. Black screen.

With Mega Man X, we get the whole "COPYWRITE CAPCOM" yadda yadda and when it goes to fade out and start the game, again, goes to black, doesn't go any further than that.

I can't seem to find any info on what, exactly, the issue is, how to fix it, if it IS fixable, etc. I'm just getting started into console repair but this is my first SNES. Any tips would be grand.

Thanks! :3