Thread: Dreamcast Oddities and Kirby... and whatever else I find in my basement

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Default Dreamcast Oddities and Kirby... and whatever else I find in my basement

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150519_230500.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	8070
    I have a couple of Dreamcast oddities I'm curious about, not because I want to sell them, but because Dreamcast-loving friends always notice them in my basement and ask.

I've seen the Seaman talking can pop up now and again on ebay, but the prices seem stupid to me and they're often re-listed, making me think sellers are falsifying high bids to inflate the price, but maybe I'm wrong. I see one sold recently on ebay for about $200 but I know better than to make assumptions based on that. I should note that it doesn't contain the gummi worms anymore, as I ate them with my friends, like, 15 years ago.

The Rufus plushie I got for free around 15 years ago as well, and I never really thought about it as a collectible, but I've had a few people ask me if I'd sell it. I just think it's cute peeking out from atop some Dreamcast and PC-FX games on one of my shelves. I've never really seen one sold, but I haven't really looked all that much, but one pesky friend (a good guy) aleays asks me about what my stuff is worth, and I generally don't care, but I try to give a ballpark, since he's trying to build a collection.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150519_235923.jpg 
Views:	41 
Size:	117.9 KB 
ID:	8071

I also have this Kirby 64 promo sign/pillow I get a lot of questions about. Got it from a Nintendo PR rep years ago that I used to know for free. Wasn't big on the game, but I do like some of Kirby's old games. It's pretty neat, but I have no clue what it's worth at all. One buddy keeps trying to buy it off of me, but I keep it for the nostalgia of a pretty great time in my life.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by celerystalker; 05-21-2015 at 12:39 AM.