Thread: GBA SP Brighter, a GB game, and educational blowout?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Default GBA SP Brighter, a GB game, and educational blowout?

I got an abnormally lucky find here at the small flea market to the east of me here today.

For myself 2 for $2 each I got a dark treen *yellow inked* Legend of Zelda emblem (NES style) shirt and then a 9 square panel modern one for my little girl with mario, dk and a few others (pretty sure it's a mario kart shirt.) Then going inside to a friend of sorts I have he got this set of tubs in today, kind of helped him go through them a bit and luck would have it lots of goodies.

I ended up getting 2 boxes full of this v2 of the Vsmile console educational thing for like 1-9 year olds, but it was more. There were 2 of them, and also 2 of the v2 handhelds as well. The consoles came with 1 controller each and 1 AC(so one missing), and the handhelds both had batteries (one set dead) and one of them had the a/v cable to the tv. On top of that ended up with 15 unique games and an equal amount of doubles too. Ultimately one of the consoles ended up being shorted out, game in, power off, game out, powers on...trashed it. :P I had no idea but looked it up after the fact, has 45 games released for it so I did nicely, and I only paid $15 for all that and ebay shows quite a lot more value there as a bundle. I'm surprised how fun the dopey little games are too, more complex than I would have figured it for. So my 3 year old got herself her first (technically) gaming console and first handheld with 15 games!

Then at the bottom of the last box, of all things, a scratch (inside and out) free gba sp 101 model, graphite and with it, the old GB double dragon. There was another pouch loaded with various GBC/GBA games nothing good but pokemon ruby and crystal with an old glacier GBA. I ended up getting the SP for $39 and the game for $5.

Not bad eh?

Now the question I have here though is, are any of you familiar much with the vsmile at all or know someone who is? I'm curious if it's worth my while grabbing up more of the games for her, or if someone may know a person who could use the extra stuff as a trade so I can get more of them?

Insert Coin (Level 0) Ogreatgames's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Congratulations on the haul, it seems you got great systems for a low price, I do not know someone who is interested in v-smile specifically.
    http://www.ogreatgames.com Hey check out Ogreatgames for video games and much more!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

It seems to be working out. I'm enjoying the SP as I can play in low/no light now with my old GB/GBC games (which my micro won't play) and the kid keeps going back to her vsmile to play the games which is teaching her a bit as it goes along.