Who here has had their precious stuff careened into the garbage by a calloused associate, "friend," or family member? A fondly remembered console crammed into a compactor? A rumble pack pushed into the rubbish can? A tittle tossed away into a trash bin? You get the idea.

I have, and I HATE it. I have a lot of stuff stored where my parents live with no other place to store them for now, and my dad loves to throw away other people's stuff. I and others in my family have often had to rescue things from our own garbage cans that he has thrown away which don't even belong to him.

The latest I can think of (unless in an unlikely scenario someone has hid the console away in a closet somewhere), my dad threw away my 3DO when nobody was paying attention. I pray that it is still somewhere in that house, but it being tossed like common garbage into a trash compactor truck and crushed into useless plastic and broken circuitry is its most likely condition. Ironic considering that my uncle rescued the unit from somebody else's trash can before it suffered a similar, seemingly unavoidable fate.

By the way, this is the same Dad who has turned my precious late 1980's / very early 1990's Super Mario Bros. NES stand into an ash-covered ashtray holder.