It's difficult to identify if "for noobs" means for lower-skilled players or specifically players entering the RPG genre who may or may not be well-equipped to do well and feel comfortable with the difficulty level presented from the start. In any case, there's a game I played not long ago that may be a fun choice for this topic. I don't know what the popular opinion of this game is; whether it's well received or has a poor notoriety for some oddball reasons, but it's comedic, interesting, offers a varierty of unique/interesting ideas and mechanics and has a healthy pace to it to maintain a player's interest. The game I nominate is Rogue Galaxy. I've played the original JP release, not Director's Cut, so whatever I missed out on I don't know what it is or how much it affects the game's assessment. I think the developer did a great job putting together a rich pleasant experience. For someone new to RPGs, someone who hasn't had a fair chance to understand why they're fun, I think it's a good role model for this purpose.

Some of the most popular "best" RPGs tend to be menu-driven in battles and that experience for a new player to the genre might be so disuading that the player may feel the entire genre is dull and slow. It's probably important to perceive via experience (no pun intended) what the fun factor is in this genre to build up tolerance for some initially negative factors like menu-driven battles and other things non-RPG gamers tend to complain about.