Thread: September 2015 Finds

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default September 2015 Finds

I took advantage of a couple of sales this Labor Day weekend. Half Price Books was giving 20% all items and I found quite a few strategy guides in their clearance section for $2 ($1.60) each including...
    Street Fighter X Tekken, Harvest Moon: Hero of Leaf Valley, Max Payne 3, Little Big Planet 3, Dragon Quest IX: Sentinels of the Starry Skies, Disney Infinity (1.0) & Bioshock Infinite. I found a complete Yoshi's Island DS for $14.99 for me and I also found a nice copy of Style Savvy on DS for the girls for $8.

I've been filling out the Skylanders collection thanks to Gamestop's B2G3F deal. Far too many to list here (and got a lot back in August as well). Also at Gamestop I found a PC version of Titanfall for $11 as well as Astro Boy ($2) and Tournament of Legends ($3) for Wii. I also found Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen and FEAR: Perseus Mandate for PC for 0.97¢ each.

At a Mom 'n Pop place across town I picked up a DS game called Hands On! Tangrams for $5. They had some of playsets for Skylanders loose like the Arkeyan Crossbow and Fiery Forge that I picked up.

I managed to get lucky at some of the Target stores in the area and have found several clearance DS and 3DS games on clearance for $5.98 each. I picked up LEGO Chima on 3DS for myself, One Piece Unlimited World Red for my cousin for Christmas, Cars 2, Phineas & Ferb: Quest for Cool Stuff, Phineas and Ferb Across the 2nd Dimension, Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 2 & Cars 2 for the kids for Christmas/stocking stuffers.

It'll be a while before I can go hog wild like that again what with everything coming out for Christmas in the next few months.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Great Puma (Level 12) Niku-Sama's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I got my club Nintendo 2016 calendar in the mail, I completely forgot I had ordered this with my "coins"

Strawberry (Level 2) SEGA_Queen's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I was so busy preparing for a move in August that I had very little free time. However, I did get a good deal on a PSP RPG at my local game store:

The Legend of Heroes II: Prophecy of the Moonlight Witch (Used, Complete) - $19.99 (In Credit)

Plus I bought a few additions for my figure collection:

Funko POP Doctor Who 12th Doctor Figure (New) - $11.99

Funko POP Tardis Figure (New) - $17.99 (In Credit)

I also managed to snag a preorder at EB Games for the Tales of Zestiria Collector’s Edition. But I’m going to trade or sell the the PS4 game itself to get the PS3 version.

September’s Purchases:

First, I picked up some Anime titles that have been on my want list for a while:

Sailor Moon Season 1 Part 1 (New) - $62.97

Sailor Moon Season 1 Part 2 (New) - $61.49

Sailor Moon R Season 1 Part 1 LE (New) - $70.97

Eden of the East: King of Eden (New) - $19.99

Eden of the East: Paradise Lost (New) - $19.99

Trigun The Complete Series (New) - $29.99

Pokemon Indigo Legue Set 1 (Used, Complete) - $14.99

Second, I stopped in at my local Value Village and found a good deal on some DVD boxsets:

Doctor Who: The Complete Second Season (Used, Complete) - $9.99

Doctor Who: The Complete Third Season (New, Sealed) - $9.99

And finally, Solaris Japan added a large number of game and anime soundtracks on their site. So I bought the following:

Tales of Symphonia Original Soundtrack (Used, Complete) - ¥3,464

Tales of Hearts Original Soundtrack (Used, Complete) - ¥2,600

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I forgot to bring up that I bought a Plug-and-Play Famiclone at a thrift store (still in the box) at the beginning of the month for $3.99. I only really bought it because I had been watching a lot of the Japanese show Game Center CX and I recognized some of the cloned games on the back of the box. I don't have a picture because it's not worth the effort since we've all seen Famiclones. I forgot to bring it up here because it's been in the back seat of my car all this time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

I had to smuggle this out

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	banner.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	123.4 KB 
ID:	8292

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

That's kinda neat with Mario in that suit, and it will always remind me of when he was Mario Demaker -- Wrecking Crew.

And from that, what is up this month? Took a week to get a post, and we're 4 in not including mine.

No pictures, just don't see a point. Today was a very good day in my book, overall, not just games, but did get some of that too. For starters the big one would be I paid $30 for an $80 on ebay NEW box set from 6 years ago, the cardboard pizza box release of all four of the original TMNT movies from the 25th anniversary. It has the movies (looking like pizzas), art cards, a signed drawn turtles image, a black beanie with the classic Turtles logo on the front of it, and also their first comic reprinted and a little shrunk to fit the box. I've looked for this for a year actively locally since I didn't like the $50(used) $80 new price on ebay. Score.

Earlier than that though I paid $19 for FF Tactics Advance + Wario Ware Inc, and $5 a bit later for Puyo Pop...all GBA games.

Now going back through September has been interesting...
    - Sept 13 I picked up 21 Asterix and Obelix full size comic books, english imports for $50 shipped, normally that many are over $100.
    - On the 9th I googled up the 3rd person adventure GBA game on ebay found one badly listed in france with no pic, was complete in the box, $8 shipped
    - Received this month for $11 shipped from Japan a like new Beatmania GB CIB game
    - Also got a 40pin ribbon adapter, few days ago modded my white GBA I got earlier this year and now it has a 101 screen in it.
    - Mario Kart 7 complete for $20 last weekend

Also non-gaming got at the top of the month I spent $10 at a flea market, came away with a $50 Legends Never Die Indiana Jones The Last Crusade Framed Memorabilia (if you care, has image of him big with Connery on the bike, small of him aiming a gun on the horse, smaller left box with full primary/secondary cast listing all matted, glass/metal frame http://www.walmart.com/ip/Legends-Ne...bilia/44522382 And also in that $10 ended up with a $20 1991 Garfield head digital alarm clock I use as a room clock here, and also a Salah (raiders figure) new(I opened it) action figure from when Crystal Skull came out.

Half Price Books had a once a year (first year this year) sale last weekend everything was $1-2 at it at the expo center, came away with around a dozen cool manga books with 1 Ranma, Record of the Lodoss War - The Grey Witch 1+2, both Ogre Slayer books, and 3 3x3 eyes books, and also 3 Asterix books. The day before in the local store for $1 each found 6 other Ranma books I didn't have too.

That's September so far. I think I did well.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

On the way to a flea market I stopped at a new GameXchange and bought that Jumpman Junior Commodore 64 cartridge, which was nice since I don't have many C64 carts. At the market I picked up the two Atari 2600 games and the four Apple II software manuals (no floppies or boxes) just for the amazing artwork, a total of $13 there. On the way home I stopped at a retro game store and bought the boxed Champ Adaptor for $20 and the unlabeled Jaguar cartridge for $5.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tanooki View Post
    And from that, what is up this month? Took a week to get a post, and we're 4 in not including mine.
    I've been finding a few things but its mostly cables, controllers etc. not really worth mentioning. I forgot I found a funky VGA plug adapter that has a vga plug end on one side a box on the end of that with 3 RCA pig tales in red green blue. I think it might be a straight VGA - RGB converter how ever it could be some proprietary adapter for something too. either way I tossed it into a box of odd adapter cables for my test bench I am working on and i'll check it with my modded PSX and a old CRT monitor I have laying arround

Quote Originally Posted by Steve W View Post
    On the way to a flea market I stopped at a new GameXchange and bought that Jumpman Junior Commodore 64 cartridge, which was nice since I don't have many C64 carts. At the market I picked up the two Atari 2600 games and the four Apple II software manuals (no floppies or boxes) just for the amazing artwork, a total of $13 there. On the way home I stopped at a retro game store and bought the boxed Champ Adaptor for $20 and the unlabeled Jaguar cartridge for $5.

that jag cart makes me curious. have you checked it / popped it open.
    its awfully clean looking to have had a label on it before but its also not the greatest quality pic either

celerystalker is a poindexter celerystalker's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Name:	20150921_025736.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	61.5 KB 
ID:	8294Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150921_024642.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	93.4 KB 
ID:	8295
    Had a little luck Saturday out at thrift stores with my wife. Found The Adventures of Cookie & Cream for PS2 for $1.99 and the Frogger puzzle from 1981 was $.69. Neither are particularly rare or valuable, but the price was right, and the Frogger puzzle turned out to be complete. Finished out the day by getting pizza and cookie dough and watching North by Northwest together. Pretty good day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Should have got cookies and cream ice cream and watched the movie instead

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Yesterday I went and checked out a new-ish GameXchange in a town about an hour or so away, and picked up these. I actually have one of the CCW Atari carts already, but I couldn't remember which one, and they're buy-2-get-1-free anyway. Pooyan was in their glass case for $9.95, so I grabbed that one, and I had never head of "Super Wonder Boy Super Monster Land" before, ended up paying $14.95 for that one. I'm assuming it's a weird label variation or something.

"Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?" Flashback2012's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We hit up the flea market this past weekend and I ended up trading in some modern stuff I had dupes of for some classic gaming. My go-to guy at the flea had brought in a box of boxed NES games and my cousin and I split what was in the box. I ended up with CIB copies of Burgertime, Q*Bert, and Mickey Mousecapade. I also got Spot the Video game but it was missing the manual. He scooped on a CIB Little Nemo in Dreamland, Maniac Mansion, and one other one I can't remember.

I cleaned up quite a bit on Gamestop's 4 for $20 sale as well.
    "Ai Oboete Imasu Ka?"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

I usually wouldn't put an ebay purchase here, but I'd been searching for one of these for years at a good price (less than $50 shipped complete):

Name:	20150918_153458.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	8308Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20150918_154021.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	8309

It's Genpei Toumaden for Famicom. It's a board game/Famicom Hybrid where battles and the like are played out on the Famicom cartridge for up to 4 players. It's a spinoff of the Genpei Toumaden/Samurai Ghost series of action platformers. Got it at a little less than $20 with shipping, and it is complete down to the advertisements and in good condition. Super happy about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

^that's pretty sweet ^

The only five i had this week was a game cube system with cords, 1 black controller, 1 black memory card for $6

It doesn't have the digital output on the back and i usually don't buy these but i was going to experiment with it.

I did win a auction for a top leader today. Says it has interference on screen in games and that some pins are bent on the cart connector. I'd almost bet the 2 are related.

I got it for about $40 shipped.

I gave up on finding one locally, they were all way to expensive or people never came through.

I haven't been looking to hard either. I've been saving for PRGE

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Sounds like a plausible fix. $40 isn't a bad risk at all there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts