Quote Originally Posted by megasdkirby View Post
That's the problem. They can release poop in a box and slap their label, and it will still sell. Because LRG cheerleaders will buy whatever they release. And you know this too.

Look at the last CEs they have released. They have been quite terrible in value and a just a way to squeeze more money from the customer. Of course, to each their own: people want to spend on crap, so let them. But I've been noticing that lately, some of their CEs have either sold slowly or not sold out at all. I hope this means that people are wising up and realizing that those releases are just not worth it.

Complaints will also linger, be it from fans or haters. I love LRG but think that some of their practices are idiotic. And I fear that those practices will eventually harm them. To say "They are doing just fine" is ignorant because we are turning a blind eye to what could eventually cause their downfall. Josh from LRG is like this, and even when given some sound advice, he totally ignores it to then later complain and say "I don't understand why this happened duh". Look at Sears and it's employees/administration: when working there they said the same nonsense and look what happened. You will probably say "Not the same...", But the core is: company makes stupid decisions that bite them on the ass.

I will continue critizicing LRG because I really like them. I'm not going to be a cheerleader and think everything they do is perfect because that could eventually be their downfall. I rather see them improve thanks to their critical fans than fanboys who don't contribute anything other than money.
LRG is a business. It's a business run by collectors and gamers. It's also a business that has generated over $25 million in gross revenue in three years. If they need advice and guidance, they can reach out to people with expertise in the areas that are creating problems for them. Receiving constant criticism from people who know nothing about running a business is frankly not productive. Companies like JC Penney and Sears have failed because they spent too much time running focus groups and trying to chase what they thought their customer base wanted. Successful businesses have strong leaders who chart a course and consider reasonable customer feedback, but don't let that feedback override their good judgment. You may think you're helping, but frankly you're just reinforcing all the negative perceptions that people who are not so invested in LRG and won't take the time to check it out for themselves are being exposed to.