Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13535960616263
Results 1,241 to 1,249 of 1249

Thread: Limited Run Games (producing physical copies of digital games)

Alex (Level 15) Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    From what I've read, I believe the original plan was for her to shift to a different position within LRG at the end of January, not quitting the company outright.
    And LRG was happy with this plan? She asked for a different position, it wasn't LRG feeling that she would be more useful to them in a different role and offered a promotion. Like I said, I think LRG was looking for a reason to get rid of her and was happy this opportunity came up.

She still hasn't mentioned what her new position would have been at the end of the month, that should have been decided and some training should have taken place by that point. Whatever that role would have been, she could be now pursuing that same role at a different company. To now say she has no plans for the future, it's like saying she didn't have a specific goal in mind at LRG, she just wanted any different role than what she was doing.

Super Moderator Moderator
    Custom rank graphic
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts

No idea on the specific details, and I don't think anybody involved is going to share every last minute detail, sentiment, and motive. She's been doing interviews, so maybe she'll share more information that wasn't available in that tweet.

I definitely don't think LRG is happy about any of this. The people who rallied for her firing are still not satisfied. They don't like the wording of the statement LRG made about her termination, and they don't trust that LRG didn't just fire her because they felt they had to, not because they were actually opposed to any of her views. Many of the people who wanted her fired are still choosing to boycott LRG (if they ever bought from them to begin with) because they feel the company is transphobic as well for hiring her to begin with. On the flip side, LRG has gotten a ton of backlash from people who oppose her firing. It's been a lose/lose for them. I'm sure they would've much preferred for none of this to have happened and to have had her switch positions or leave the company quietly. In fact, with the vague tweets Doug has been making, I get the impression he has regrets about how it was handled.

Ghostbuster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Xbox LIVE
    Greg2600

Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
    And LRG was happy with this plan? She asked for a different position, it wasn't LRG feeling that she would be more useful to them in a different role and offered a promotion. Like I said, I think LRG was looking for a reason to get rid of her and was happy this opportunity came up.

She still hasn't mentioned what her new position would have been at the end of the month, that should have been decided and some training should have taken place by that point. Whatever that role would have been, she could be now pursuing that same role at a different company. To now say she has no plans for the future, it's like saying she didn't have a specific goal in mind at LRG, she just wanted any different role than what she was doing.
    People change roles all the time, and it's a very daunting one so makes sense you want to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
    No idea on the specific details, and I don't think anybody involved is going to share every last minute detail, sentiment, and motive. She's been doing interviews, so maybe she'll share more information that wasn't available in that tweet.

I definitely don't think LRG is happy about any of this. The people who rallied for her firing are still not satisfied. They don't like the wording of the statement LRG made about her termination, and they don't trust that LRG didn't just fire her because they felt they had to, not because they were actually opposed to any of her views. Many of the people who wanted her fired are still choosing to boycott LRG (if they ever bought from them to begin with) because they feel the company is transphobic as well for hiring her to begin with. On the flip side, LRG has gotten a ton of backlash from people who oppose her firing. It's been a lose/lose for them. I'm sure they would've much preferred for none of this to have happened and to have had her switch positions or leave the company quietly. In fact, with the vague tweets Doug has been making, I get the impression he has regrets about how it was handled.
    Well LRG is part of Embracer Group, and that's who are making the calls here.
    The Paunch Stevenson Show free Internet podcast - www.paunchstevenson.com - DP FEEDBACK

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

Another interview with this former lrg manger who knows if this bad press sits well with the embracer group.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

LGR had there showcase recently most i'm interested in is M2 tiger heli collection,castlevania advance collection and shantae risky revolution.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

Collosal Cave looks cool. Chickory looks weird, I have no idea what the gameplay is like even though I just saw video of it being played. I got excited when he started talking about the Philips CD-i Zelda games, and I was hoping there was some kind of crazy licensing deal to bring ports of those games to the PS4 and PS5, but no. It's just a game roughly similar to it. Odencat's Paradise collection looks nice.

I'm getting a bit tired of all the pixel art RPGs by Limited Run. I've bought several of them, but I think the market's been flooded with them at this point. Every time I see a Limited Run number on a case spine I always think there's a 50/50 chance it'll be a low-rez RPG or sidescroller when I pull it off a store shelf. The aestetic is wearing out its welcome. Maybe a role playing game could do something interesting with the idea, maybe each level in the game could represent an advance in graphics - the first level could look similar to Adventure on the Atari 2600, second level could look like an early NES game, the third could look like a SNES level, then a PS1 level, that kind of thing. As you advance in the game, the graphics get better. That would be interesting.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Gee... if only LRG games were targeted for people who bought they games because they wanted the games and not for people who feel compelled to buy every game in existence...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    39 Posts

I feel sorry for anybody trying to buy every PS4 game in existence, there's something like 4000 or more physical games. All I know is that if you come across a cool looking game in a store and pass on it, there's a high probability you'll never see it again. I've done that too many times. Didn't buy Cannon Spike for the Dreamcast, never saw it again outside a game convention. Ring of Rose for the PS2? Passed on it, goes for something like $600 now. Yikes. So if I find a game that looks fun and it's at a reasonable price, I try and grab it.

Bell (Level 8)
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I was intrigued by Ring of Rose for the notoriety, but I can recall passing it up when I saw it listed at like $60 for a loose scratched disc so many years ago. I suppose even that goes for much higher now.