Quote Originally Posted by Gameguy View Post
And LRG was happy with this plan? She asked for a different position, it wasn't LRG feeling that she would be more useful to them in a different role and offered a promotion. Like I said, I think LRG was looking for a reason to get rid of her and was happy this opportunity came up.

She still hasn't mentioned what her new position would have been at the end of the month, that should have been decided and some training should have taken place by that point. Whatever that role would have been, she could be now pursuing that same role at a different company. To now say she has no plans for the future, it's like saying she didn't have a specific goal in mind at LRG, she just wanted any different role than what she was doing.
People change roles all the time, and it's a very daunting one so makes sense you want to move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie2B View Post
No idea on the specific details, and I don't think anybody involved is going to share every last minute detail, sentiment, and motive. She's been doing interviews, so maybe she'll share more information that wasn't available in that tweet.

I definitely don't think LRG is happy about any of this. The people who rallied for her firing are still not satisfied. They don't like the wording of the statement LRG made about her termination, and they don't trust that LRG didn't just fire her because they felt they had to, not because they were actually opposed to any of her views. Many of the people who wanted her fired are still choosing to boycott LRG (if they ever bought from them to begin with) because they feel the company is transphobic as well for hiring her to begin with. On the flip side, LRG has gotten a ton of backlash from people who oppose her firing. It's been a lose/lose for them. I'm sure they would've much preferred for none of this to have happened and to have had her switch positions or leave the company quietly. In fact, with the vague tweets Doug has been making, I get the impression he has regrets about how it was handled.
Well LRG is part of Embracer Group, and that's who are making the calls here.